Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Eagles Game Day Thread

Just now, NewEra said:

That was a roughing the passer?!? Lololol

I was just going to post the same thing.  :(

Alright, now we need the offense to show up. Hopefully some better play calling, but Reich is probably being very cautious of that Philly DL and rightfully so.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

That was a roughing the passer?!? Lololol

No kidding.  It wasn't just a drop back pass from the pocket, he was scrambling (ie a runner) before throwing the pass. 

That was dumb - 55 yarder in the rain?  They gave us a break there.

Just now, #12. said:

That was dumb - 55 yarder in the rain?  They gave us a break there.

Especially considering they could have pinned our offense deep and probably forced another punt.

4 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

How can we look so totally unprepared compared to last week?

Philadelphia is a better team than Washington.

Just now, NewEra said:

We need to ATTACK!

They heard you.

This slow as molasses offense, the 1-5 yard passes...  Not gonna work today.

5 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

How can we look so totally unprepared compared to last week?

Eagles are defending Super Bowl champs. These guys smacked Tom Brady around just months ago

6 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

nonsense roughing passer

6 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Roughing....really?

What happened, I have no video, just radio.  Did he land full body weight on Wentz? If so, that is roughing from now on.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Haha radio commercial with John Simon as a colt...

I like the radio commercials giving me tips before hitting the beach this summer.  You guys can stop running those now.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That's kind of obvious. Luck is an example of that.  It's also true that the wrong QB can lose you a lot of games while wasting an improved roster.   And if you spend significant draft capital to draft that QB, then you are going to give them additional years to prove themselves before you're able to pull the plug on a bad decision (QB purgatory). Meanwhile, with the lost draft capital, you may have missed out on top-tier talent in a couple other key positions.    The question is, do any of the QBs available in THIS draft look like long term solutions worthy of #13 or even a trade up?  Some think there are and others don't.    I think this is the root of most disagreements about this draft.   The fact that there may be much more top-tier QB talent (and even generational talent) in the 2021 draft is something to keep in mind.  If the Colts start 2020 the way they ended 2019, there's a good chance they will be a contender for that top talent in 2021.  I wouldn't want to trade any of the 2021 picks to move up this year.  
    • Fromm is bigger than Drew Brees at 6'2 220lbs and has just as much arm strength as Peyton had in his prime, before his neck surgeries... he is very accurate, he has won everywhere that he has gone...   This time of year, people fall in love with the "next big thing" based on upside or possible upside with development down the road...they fall in love with having a huge arm etc...and the majority of those guys never pan out, otherwise there would be an abundance of star QBs starting all over the NFL.   Give me the best player available at #13... a top WR, DT or LT...then take Fromm in the 2nd round and be happy to have the guy who could very well end up as the best QB in this draft, anyhow.   Everyone said Luck lacked arm strength...They said Peyton lacked arm strength... They said that RGIII would be better...that Leaf would be better... JaMarcus Russell went #1 because everyone fell in love with his arm...Aaron Rodgers went at the end of round 1...Brees didnt even go in round 1... i think they both ended up better than anyone else in their draft classes.  
    • The reason I'm against getting Carr or Bridgewater or any other similarly skilled player in FA is the following - the QB has outsized impact on the performance of the team. It's not the majority of the team, but it's big enough that you have to put the position in its own category.And because the QB position has such outsized impact, it has the possibility of giving you certain margin of error in the construction of your team. There are 2 ways for a QB to give you margin of error: -elite QB due to the performance they give you - it wouldn't matter if they are paid, a great QB masks a lot of warts offensively. -average-ish QB on rookie/small deal - you get functional QB play at small price. They run your team and because they are paid so little they let you use the rest of the money that you would otherwise have to pay a QB in other areas of the team.    The problem of Carr is that he's average and he will run your offence in a functional way, but he's paid a TON and will want to get paid even more once you give up assets for him. In other words he again gives you no margin for error - he's not good enough to give you margin of error play-wise, and he's paid too much to give you margin of error pay-wise. + again, we have to give up more assets to get him away from the Raiders(probably at the very least one of the second round picks).    Similar rationale for other average-ish or lower players like Bridgewater.
    • Just a follow up   https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/01/22/nfl-draft-2020-boats-red-carpet-bellagio-las-vegas
  • Members