LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Eagles Game Day Thread

1 minute ago, Turftoe said:

Another penalty.  We can't shoot ourselves in the foot!

Yeah, that never feels good :(

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Looking at this thread....

Remember...  the Eagles ARE the defending Super Bowl Champions.   And Wentz is Luck 2.0.

They are really good.   Really talented.

We have there former OC. It should be more competitive and close

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember...  the Eagles ARE the defending Super Bowl Champions.   And Wentz is Luck 2.0.

Yeah but it was simple play calling nothing special. Our D just let them walk down the field. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We let a rusty Wentz cake walk into the end zone on his first drive back from injury. Guy hadn’t even thrown a meaningful pass all year.  Hopefully that’s all he gets. 

So it was fine when a rusty Luck looked good week one, but it’s not ok when a rusty Wentz looks good?

Come on now...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The TD went to Zack Ertz.   He has caught many touchdowns.

It went to Dallas Goedert actually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shakedownstreet said:

There's a flag on every return

Yep, at least that one was on the Eagles.  I was about ready to :tvsmash:

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, it went to Dallas Goedert.  He has 2 career catches, 1 for 4 yards in a prior game, and the TD pass a few minutes ago.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

There's a flag on every return

It's pretty amazing how often it happens.  At least it's not just the Colts.

1 minute ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Yeah but it was simple play calling nothing special. Our D just let them walk down the field. 

Just like it’s simple play calling when our offense does well.    The two franchises have things in common.

Philly is good.

The key is to not let Wentz go wild. We know he’s going to look good in his first game back. But can’t let him put up video game numbers

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Either I misheard or the radio play-by-play guy was very confused.  I am cooking while I'm listening, so maybe I misheard.  I'm pretty sure that's what he said, though.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

So it was fine when a rusty Luck looked good week one, but it’s not ok when a rusty Wentz looks good?

Come on now...

What? Luck played some preseason.  Wentz comes into this game essentially cold facing live bullets. Still had a better first drive than Luck did in his first preseason drive. 

3 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Wentz not showing much rust doesn't help.  Finding the seams and putting it right where it needs to be.  We're in trouble if we can't generate any pressure.

3 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

We have there former OC. It should be more competitive and close

But we don’t have their talent on either side of the ball.

This could be a looooong day for us.

Hope not...   but could be...

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Most people need to realize that. I actually rarely pick us to lose and am one of the most Positive Posters on here but I had us losing this game. We could still win but it's highly doubtful. Philly are the SB Champions at home and have a guy that is a Top 5-10 QB in the league back.