Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Eagles Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ballard might have to add a franchise QB to our rebuild shopping list if Luck doesn’t start looking better than what we have seen this season thus far. 

It was raining and the LT and starting RB and TE were out against the Superbowl champions. Some people need to chill.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 18to87 said:

It was raining and the LT and starting RB and TE were out against the Superbowl champions. Some people need to chill.

Technically they were missing some big players.  Can't overlook Sproles, he always wrecks the Colts.  Not to mention Jeffrey.

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

Yeah, but the reason they have 9 DBs is because you are at a point in the game where you have to go deep to have a chance.  They're giving up the short throws because they know that the short throws don't give us a chance to win..........and yet we're content to take the short throws.  That is troubling.  You can't just take what the defense gives you there because the defense is deliberately giving you what doesn't give you a chance to win.  In that situation, you've got to challenge the 9 DBs and if you get picked off, you get picked off.  You were going to lose anyway, and you don't improve your chances by taking the short passes.  In my mind, the only reason why you don't go deep there is because you don't want to put it on public display that Luck can't make the deep throws.

Umm...no.  It's like throwing into triple coverage.  It's just not smart.

You don't throw deep just for the sake of throwing deep.  You may as well do that all game.

It's just not a smart strategy.  You try to get it downfield as far as you can and just throw the hail mary, like they did.  I don't see any other way.  Throwing deep is like throwing the hail mary on 1st down with 48 seconds left.  Just doesn't make football sense to me.

1 minute ago, DraftMaster said:

yea, when the D holds Carson Wentz to 20 you gotta win, no excuses. Gotta clean that up next week.

And the fact that they had the ball with super great field position three times, I think, and came away with nothing but field goals. It seemed they were mostly misplaced balls, except for Rogers dropped pass. 

1 minute ago, 18to87 said:

It wasn’t raining last week.  Luck has to step it up.  He might still be hurt which is understandable and sad.  But on the field he isn’t playing good enough right now.  Not for his pedigree. 

Just now, 18to87 said:

You want him to catch the passes for Rogers and Ebron? And block for the LT?

No, I want him to place the ball properly, and make great decisions, because he is the QB, the general, and most important, affective, and highest paid player on the offense. The opportunities were handed to them on a silver platter. 

Just because he was probably the biggest factor in them losing doesn't mean he was the only one on offense at fault. 

I love Luck, but he was quite subpar today. 

8 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

At this, I'm actually impressed they came out and crappy elements and remained competitive vs the champions in front of very hostile Philly fans.   

Damn right it's still only lucks 3rd game back everyone expects greatness even tho hes playing very good with not that great of weapons 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

luck never had a big arm he under threw 10 balls today lost this game  he is overrated was never good just threw the ball 50 times a game so when he threw a lot of yards and tds people think he was good he is not he throws under 60 percent on the season throws 3 picks a game and is injury prone worst waste of a pick i never liked him i wanted to keep manning

Oh good grief. Go away already. 

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ballard might have to add a franchise QB to our rebuild shopping list if Luck doesn’t start looking better than what we have seen this season thus far. 

I'm thinking we chalk it up to rust. If he doesn't look better by week 8, then I'll worry

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

......which he is supposedly fully recovered from.  Or is the shoulder injury still a factor?

I would say it isn't fully recovered and game play doesn't help. They may have said he's fully recovered but all teams blow smoke up backsides when they're discussing sensitive issues. Hopefully it's just that and nothing more serious.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Luck 25 of 40 for 164 yards.  1 TD.

Wentz threw for 255 yrds in his first game action of any kind this season. 

He also has an o-line and receivers who catch the ball.

1 minute ago, kornstar said:

Did Wentz have a serious shoulder injury?

Leg injury. ACL?? Can't remember.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh good grief. Go away already. 

I'm thinking we chalk it up to rust. If he doesn't look better by week 8, then I'll worry

Agreed...I’m starting to worry some now because if you are objective Luck’s passes aren’t looking right. Something is definitely wrong.  Luck did not attempt to throw one pass down field on that last drive and had to be removed for Brisset on the Hail Mary attempt.  That’s not normal...for a guy with his kind of arm. 

3 minutes ago, kornstar said:

Did Wentz have a serious shoulder injury?

Yeah I feel like it's going to take awhile for Luck to get his strength back.  Even the announcer said he was coming back off a potential careering ending type of injury.  Yeah no comparison between Carson coming off a Knee injury and Luck coming off a potential career killing shoulder injury.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Agreed...I’m starting to worry some now because if you are objective Luck’s passes aren’t looking right. Something is definitely wrong.  Luck did not attempt to throw one pass down field on that last drive and had to be removed for Brisset on the Hail Mary attempt.  That’s not normal...for a guy with his kind of arm. 

He over threw Ebron downfield on that last drive on a first down. So he did try.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

No, I want him to place the ball properly, and make great decisions, because he is the QB, the general, and most important, affective, and highest paid player on the offense. The opportunities were handed to them on a silver platter. 

Just because he was probably the biggest factor in them losing doesn't mean he was the only one on offense at fault. 

I love Luck, but he was quite subpar today. 

Luck was also the leading rusher. 

2 minutes ago, kornstar said:

He over threw Ebron downfield on that last drive on a first down. So he did try.

Don’t remember that at all.  He was pitching guys towards the sidelines up until Brisset’s Hail Mary throw at the end.  

It is is what it is.  I hope his shoulder is okay and he returns to playing the kind of football we have come to associate with him.  Might take more time than we thought.  Right now he is essentially a Punch and Judy style QB. 

14 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

You don't throw deep just for the sake of throwing deep.  You may as well do that all game.

All game you're not in a position where you have to throw deep to have a chance to win.  You're not in a position where you have to score a TD within a minute, otherwise you lose.  In that situation, there is a reason why the defense is giving you the short passes.  That reason is because if you take the short passes, you lose.  Taking what the defense gives you knowing that what the defense gives you will result in a loss is also not smart strategy.

3 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Luck was also the leading rusher. 

Yeah, we have no run game.   What's new? Is your point that Luck played fine, and that it's everyone else's fault that the offense was horrible?

Because my point is that they all sucked including Luck, the QB, which is the most Important player on offense, and especially this offense. I don't see how you disagree with that, if that's what you're doing. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Anybody think they call that defensive holding on Sheard if he plays for the Patriots, Rams, Eagles, or another top team in the league? Not making excuses, but I've never seen that called and I've seen it happen since I was a kid!

Agreed,

Though, if you watch the play, Lane Johnson sells the hell out of it.

He throws his hands up and flops around like an NBA player as if Sheard is holding him back single-handedly with one arm while engaged w another lineman and like he (Johnson) cannot break free.

Smart sell by him. Lousy call in that time of the game but what can you do?

• Like 1