Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Eagles Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Welcome back, Colts Nation!  :default_20smile:   First, I want to acknowlege and my thanks to Steel City Colt for  stepping up and still post  last week's  Colts Game Day Thread, and fortunately, the Colts won at the Washington Redskins.

To be as brief as I can,  I  did had last week's Game Day Thread posted, but online it not post online after Create and submit topic here in the Colts Fans message. board.  As I was starting to post the GDT for the Colts Vs. Eagles game here tonight, my text and links for the Redskins game were still here online on this thread the past week, so before I get up to date and speed for the Eagles game, I had to erase and delete my text and links from the Redskins game, and start over.

I also had the cold/flu last weekend, but I my intention is to not only be well healthwise, but also to be thorough for the upcoming game between the Colts and Eagles, and make sure this GDT gets submitted and posted.

Our Colts are up Interstate 95 to play the Super Bowl  LII Champions Philadelphia Eagles.  Current Colts Head Coach Frank Reich, returns to both the city and faces the team he was with on their coaching staff last season,  and  earned a Super Bowl ring by being the Eagles offensive coordinator during their 2016-17 NFL seasons.

Eagles also activated QB Carson Wentz since he suffered broken cartilage from the L.A. Rams game last season, on Monday.

Both the Colts and the Eagles have existed in the NFL in 69 years, but are meeting and playing their 20th regular season game Sunday afternoon, a rivalry that began when the Eagles defeated the Colts by the score of 24-14 in their first game played in Philadelphia back on October 15, 1950.

Colts still leads the all-time series with 10 wins and 9 losses, and outscored the Eagles in the previous 19 games with 465 points to 411 points.

Chris Myers, former Dallas Cowboys fullback  Daryl Johnston are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Laura Okmin, for the NFL On FOX's early regional doubleheader game seen regionally, and locally on WXIN FOX Channel 59, seen live on HD.

Cloudy skies and rain at 63 degrees, is the game forecast inside Lincoln Financial Field in South Philadelphia, for the 1:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 90% precipitation, 83% humidity, and northeast winds at 5 miles per hour.

Head Linesman Clay Martin leads his officiating crew assigned by the NFL Offices in NYC to supervise the field action.

NO injuries, try to win your second straight road game with and over an NFC East road opponent, and defeat the reigning Super Bowl LII Champions, keep the Fly Eagles Fly grounded this afternoon, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!   :rock:  :coltslogo:  :1colts:   :colts:   :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:   :D

Colts @ Eagles Live NFL Game Center,  Team Injury Reports, And  NFL On FOX Early Regional Double Header Game In Yellow:

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018092308/2018/REG3/Colts@Eagles#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/injury-report

https://506sports.com/

• Like 5

Why in the **** are we on FOX today? The network is decided by the conference of the visiting team... 

I know the rules were modified somewhat in recent years to get more desireable games to a larger audience. But this game was scheduled for FOX when the schedule came out

Whatever the case I don't like it. FOX NFL broadcasts make the guys on CBS look like Rhodes Scholars 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

@ Philly you say? I predict a riot.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Colts 23 Eagles 17

Wentz is rusty.  Luck is not.

Likely truth, but remember, Wentz hasn't been hindered in his throwing. And even in his rookie 2016 season, starter Bradford was traded last minute, and Carson performed well as a rookie.  Then at MVP level as a sophomore (until injury). He'll still be an upgrade over Foles, IMO.

56 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Is that with the roof closed?

Yes, if the field roof is the Troposphere.  It will be closed with copious amounts of condensation, much of it affected by gravity.

The forecast was accurate.  Rainy day here in New Jersey (about 100 miles out of Philly).  Not windy, though.  Just a calm, gentle rain.  The temperature isn't bad.  It would be cold if you were just standing out in the rain, but if you're exerting yourself it's comfortable.  This is the kind of rain that it is fun to play football in.

• Like 2