I think we need a

OT

Pass rusher

Safety 

Before a CB

If we can get him in the 3rd.... im wit you

I’d say round 1 needs to be a DT or OT. 

• Like 4

I wouldn’t argue with going DB in the 1st, but I’d like to see them sign Ronald Darby in Free agency. 

36 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Assuming the Colts pick is 9-15. Baker big CB from Georgia. Kid is a stud.

I'm a big fan of Baker, but I don't see the Colts going with a CB in the first round next year. 

We really have no idea what our needs are until we see this current roster play a full season.  Then you have free agency first.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

This defense needs a big hitter safety to tie in with Hooker

That guy is not on the Colts today

IMHO

Geathers?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

We need quite a few things like a CB, DT, OT for example but I honestly haven't given next years draft one thought. I am focused on 2018 and winning. I still think we can go 9-7 and make the Playoffs, if we do that than we are picking in the 20's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Geathers?

I dont see it

I wanted to like him for that role

He is a fast extra LB, but I dont see enough speed to be a great SS, nor  awareness

He HAS lost a step IMHO

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’d say round 1 needs to be a DT or OT. 

I would love Dremont Jones to be THAT pass rusher......

He MAY be available when we pick .... around 15, I guess

The guy is a monster

I will also be happy with one of the 3 OTs as well that should go in the first 20 picks

When you guys watch THE Ohio State Buckeyes....dominate the season...... watch HIM!!

(Yeah...... I'm born and raised from Ohio...... But Texas is my adopted home)

We need a RT to complete the line

• Like 3

Nick Bosa

One of the Clemson DL

Gary from Michigan 

RT

Build the trenches, everything else works out 

• Like 2

Since we are dreaming a bit here..........My safety pick is Landon Collins in FA

NYG may not have the $$ to keep him...... he would play well here

23 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Since we are dreaming a bit here..........My safety pick is Landon Collins in FA

NYG may not have the $$ to keep him...... he would play well here

We passed on him once. We’ll probably pass on him again.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, #12. said:

We really have no idea what our needs are until we see this current roster play a full season.  Then you have free agency first.

A respectful disagreement.

I don’t think it’s hard at all to figure out what this roster needs OR what Ballard wants.   Ballard is pretty candid about such things. 

— He believes in building both lines.

— He wants a FAST defense.

— He says the front seven is the most important part of his defense.

— He believes in the importance of the tight end.

— He believes you can find a quality RB in the middle rounds.

— He believes in size.  Both on the o-line and with his defensive backs, and WRs.   Though he does allow for exceptions.  If you can play you can play he said this week. 

— He believes in the importance of the locker room.   That’s why no knuckle heads so far.  Not until he establishes his culture.   A strong locker room can deal with and control unique personalities that sometimes come with a high price free agent.   

Read articles about Ballard.   Listen to his videos.   He’s pretty candid.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

We passed on him once. We’ll probably pass on him again.

Grigson passed on him once**

This team is in a rebuild.  You build until your lines are taken care of first, then worry about the rest.  OT or DE first IMHO.

9 hours ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Ballard has repeatedly said that cornerback is not a priority position in this defense.   That a premium draft pick does not have to be used.

In our defense it’s the front seven that is the priority.

You can look for another lineman, likely on the defensive side of the ball.   Remember, the 2019 class of defensive lineman looks almost historically great.   Ballard is likely going to want one or more of those guys....

9 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would love Dremont Jones to be THAT pass rusher......

He MAY be available when we pick .... around 15, I guess

The guy is a monster

I will also be happy with one of the 3 OTs as well that should go in the first 20 picks

When you guys watch THE Ohio State Buckeyes....dominate the season...... watch HIM!!

(Yeah...... I'm born and raised from Ohio...... But Texas is my adopted home)

Buckeye fan here as well and Dre'mont is exactly the player Ballard is looking for to fit our D-line.  He stepped up tremendously when Bosa went out last weekend. Chase Young is going to be another good one too.

• Like 1

How about a WR? OT and WR are arguably the two biggest needs. Give me two of them with the first three picks (1st and 2 2nds) and I’m a happy camper. 

8 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Buckeye fan here as well and Dre'mont is exactly the player Ballard is looking for to fit our D-line.  He stepped up tremendously when Bosa went out last weekend. Chase Young is going to be another good one too.

Chase Young has the skill, but he does some dumb stuff as well as good

In 2020, maybe he will be a Colt, and maybe grow up a bit

10 hours ago, Hoose said:

How about a WR? OT and WR are arguably the two biggest needs. Give me two of them with the first three picks (1st and 2 2nds) and I’m a happy camper. 

I'm hoping for a big bodied WR that can run after the catch in the 2nd. N'Keal Harry out of Arizona State is my favorite WR so far this year but he may not be available Day 2.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, BCoop said:

I'm hoping for a big bodied WR that can run after the catch in the 2nd. N'Keal Harry out of Arizona State is my favorite WR so far this year but he may not be available Day 2.

No but we do have two 2nd round picks, at least until we trade one.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:46 PM, BCoop said:

The Ole Miss receivers are all pretty good. I really like Arcega-Whiteside from Stanford too... 

My guess is that he’ll do what he did last year. He’ll find the most elite trench player and bank in finding a stud at another position in the 2nd/3rd rounds. He said this year that one of the reasons they passed on Smith/Edmunds because of how strongly they felt about Leonard being available and being able to play.

DT or OT round 1 looks almost certain IMO. Round 2 we can find a CB, WR, LB, etc...

Colts will be a top 10 draft team... a couple QBs will come of the board.  

Ed Oliver, Greedy Williams, Clelin Ferrell should be on our short list for RD1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, BCoop said:

I'm hoping for a Hopkins, randy moss type impact wr. One that will give def coordinators nightmares.

Another leonard would be great to. Imagine two linebackers like that. Would be like having ray lewis and Urlacher on the same team

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Another leonard would be great to. Imagine two linebackers like that. Would be like having ray lewis and Urlacher on the same team

Both Walker and Leonard have been so good that I've almost completely eliminated LB as a priority for next off-season. That's not to say that we cannot use another high end LB, but IMO there are areas of the roster that are much more urgent to address. Before this season started I couldn't imagine this being the case, which is credit to Ballard. That's one less position group that you have to worry about with a high end pick. 

16 hours ago, stitches said:

Both Walker and Leonard have been so good that I've almost completely eliminated LB as a priority for next off-season. That's not to say that we cannot use another high end LB, but IMO there are areas of the roster that are much more urgent to address. Before this season started I couldn't imagine this being the case, which is credit to Ballard. That's one less position group that you have to worry about with a high end pick. 

I remember ballard saying he would draft another great player at lb even if it seemed like we were stacked. Similiar to how he drafted another pass rusher in kc depite them having good ones

I'd be shocked that if a stud RT candidate were available,  the Colts didn't pounce. That is a clear deficiency. 

A lot depends on Smith.  If he can play tackle, I would leave him there.  I think Colts will go free agency  If  they need a guard.  The free agent O tackles in 2019 r not that great.  Better guard prospects coming out.  The guard from the Bucs would b a great addition.  It seriously would not shock  me if Ballard went D with his first 3 picks.  Another stud linebacker and Dtackle. Mayb even another safety.  I am not big on Collins from the Giants