TKnight24

Adam Vinatieri: 1st Ballot HOF

Lol.. Seriously, the guy is ageless.

I'm sure they have his measurements already for the yellow jacket.

56 minutes ago, IinD said:

Lol.. Seriously, the guy is ageless.

I'm sure they have his measurements already for the yellow jacket.

has any kickers been in the HOF?

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

That's a good question. Maybe the older Anderson brother from years back?

If not, he'll definitely be the first with all those rings he has.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Morten Anderson and Jan Stenerud are the only two full time kickers in the Hall.

Lou Gross was a kicker and a Tackle

George Blanda was a kicker and a Qb. They are in the Hall as well

• Like 2

1st ballot Hall-of-Famer...?

Good question.

It may defend on the year he retires..

Adam isn't retiring after this season (I dont think) but lets say Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore,  Richard Sherman, Antonio Gates and Larry Fitzgerald retire after this season..

It would be tough for Adam V. in a year like that

70 is impressive for anyone let alone AV, who's never been known for long distance FGs, his longest is mid 50s I believe and most kickers have one near 60. 

Would be great to see him kick a game winning 70 yarder. 

Vinatieri's resume:

Work History:

Kicking a ball.

Salary Requirement:

Million upon millions of dollars.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He is HoF guaranteed but my favorite is.....

images.jpg

Isn't that Earl Morrall in the background? He should be in the HOS for throwing SB 3. As in Hall Of Shame.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Vinatieri's resume:

Work History:

Kicking a ball.

Salary Requirement:

Million upon millions of dollars.

Being amongst the best in the world ever doing it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Being amongst the best in the world ever doing it

I love that old statement....it's just a game. No....it's a business. A ruthless, body damaging business. 

How could the best player of all time at his position not be a first ballot Hall of

Famer?

Shame on voters if he isn’t.

2 records to set this year:

1.All time leading scorer

2.Longest FG in NFL history

Get those two and he's definitely a 1st ballot HOF!

1 hour ago, DraftMaster said:

2 records to set this year:

1.All time leading scorer

2.Longest FG in NFL history

Get those two and he's definitely a 1st ballot HOF!

He won’t get the 2nd one but he’ll definitely get the 1st 

2 hours ago, coltsva said:

How could the best player of all time at his position not be a first ballot Hall of

Famer?

Totally agree!

2 hours ago, coltsva said:

Famer?

Well.....

Ray Guy is the best punter in history and he’s not even in the Hall, first ballot or otherwise...   not THAT is a shame...

So Adam going in on the first ballot is more likely that he won’t than he will...

Also...   with all this love for Adam flowing...   I wonder what the reaction will be if he goes in as a Patriot and not a Colt.   Two of his game winning kicks gave New England Super Bowl titles...

Just saying...

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well.....

Ray Guy is the best punter in history and he’s not even in the Hall, first ballot or otherwise...   not THAT is a shame...

So Adam going in on the first ballot is more likely that he won’t than he will...

Also...   with all this love for Adam flowing...   I wonder what the reaction will be if he goes in as a Patriot and not a Colt.   Two of his game winning kicks gave New England Super Bowl titles...

Just saying...

I am pretty sure Ray Guy was inducted into the HoF about 2-3 years ago.

Edit - went into the Hall in 2014.

Also, there is no going in as a player from a specific team in the NFL.

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well.....

Just saying...

There is a lot wrong with this post.   You should really fact check

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coltsva said:

Famer?

Well because he is a kicker who may be trumped by other position players 5 years after he retires.

That's how.

He is going into the HoF.  It is just not close to a lock that he goes in on the first ballot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well.....

Just saying...

Different tha baseball, NFL Hall of Fame players are not assigned to a team upon entry.  Very doubtful he'll go in on first ballot.  Morten Anderson who is the NFL all time leading scorer got in on his fifth attempt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

There is a lot wrong with this post.   You should really fact check

Guy went in about 15-20 years after he retired.    The discussion was about whether AV is going in on the first ballot.    THATS the big picture.

You want to address that point?

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Guy went in about 15-20 years after he retired.    The discussion was about whether AV is going in on the first ballot.    THATS the big picture.

You want to address that point?

Guy is in.   Players don't go in as a member of a team.   AV will not be a first ballot hall of famer.  Neither will any kicker

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Guy is in.   Players don't go in as a member of a team.   AV will not be a first ballot hall of famer.  Neither will any kicker

Feel free to look at the thread.    Look at the other posts.     Other posters noted my mistakes.   But they were kind about it.    They were nice about it.     Civil.    Decent.     There was only one poster who decided to stick a knife in me and twist it.     If you're not sure who I'm talking about,  look around....    if there's a mirror in your home,   I'm sure you'll find the guy.

And we both know why you did this when it wasn't necessary.....   you're not fooling anyone.

When he does finally retire, AV will be the:

NFL regular season points leader

NFL post season points leader

2nd in Super Bowl scoring

I’m not saying he will be first ballot, I’m saying he should.

Very few make it in on the first ballot.    I believe Peyton and Brady will.  Adam should.

Don't lose sight of the fact kickers are still frowned upon by some as not being football players. Stupid but true. My point is if they feel that way why then are the players on their knees arm-in-arm when the game's outcome depends on the kickers attempt at a field goal or extra point??!!

• Like 1

The HOF was built years ago in anticipation for the legend to be born....AV

21 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Will AV go in as a Pat or a Colt?

I believe they "go in"  as a player.  Both teams will be mentioned,  I believe. 

• Like 1

I don’t think a lot of people realize just how good Adam has been. He will have every meaningful kicker record by this year (he’s only two away on the game winning field goals). 

Punters are inportant and are critical on a team, but kickers win games. Adam has kicked some of the most high-pressure kicks on the biggest stages. 

Hands down he’ll get in. First ballot will be close, especially if we have more cry baby WRs creating the backlog.

• Thanks 1

He'll be in the HOF regardless. Might not be 1st ballot but he will be in. Will be interesting to see who he's up against that year. Heck at this rate who knows when he'll even retire with his bionic leg and all. Heh