Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Bosa Injury

With reports coming out that Bosa had surgery this week, I begin to question his availability in the draft. There are a few scenarios that are possible.

1) Bosa returns quickly, continues to put up huge numbers, and lands as a high pick, likely outside of the Colts range.

2) Bosa is out for a large chunk of the season, dropping his draft stock to mid-to-late first, early second round potential (Colts range)

3) Bosa is out for season, forgoes draft for one more year to reboost his draft stock.

Which of these scenarios do you find more likely, and would you take the chance on him in the mid-late first if the second scenario comes to fruition?

Bosa could literally miss the rest of the season and he still won’t fall to the Colts.

He might fall a few spots, but he’s not falling to mid-late first round.   Not happening.   The NFL knows who he is.

And he won’t gave to go back to school.  He can establish his value with the combine and private workouts. 

I’d love to have the kid.    But Bosa to the Colts isn’t happening unless we trade up to get him and I don’t see that happening. 

• Like 3

He falls from maybe #1 to #3 at the worst. With the injury though he is looking at returning in 6 weeks or so for the longer end of the time table. He had a sports hernia repaired. He will play the end of the year to make sure scouts still see him but as NCF stated he then has workouts and combine to help.

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bosa could literally miss the rest of the season and he still won’t fall to the Colts.

He might fall a few spots, but he’s not falling to mid-late first round.   Not happening.   The NFL knows who he is.

And he won’t gave to go back to school.  He can establish his value with the combine and private workouts. 

I’d love to have the kid.    But Bosa to the Colts isn’t happening unless we trade up to get him and I don’t see that happening. 

Jacoby and our 1st round pick to a QB hungry team that doesn't like this year's QBs for the pick that lands us Bosa? Or Oliver... or Simmons? Or Greedy? 

(for the record - yeah, I know this is a bit of a pipe dream :P )

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If there’s a stud defensive lineman or OT available Ballard has the ammo to move up a bit to get him. This team needs more stars. This past draft was used to add more young talent and depth. 

50 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If there’s a stud defensive lineman or OT available Ballard has the ammo to move up a bit to get him. This team needs more stars. This past draft was used to add more young talent and depth. 

I think this coming draft is going to look much like the last two drafts.  Ballard is still building. 

Much more help on defense, especially the front seven.   On offense, one Day Two pick on the O-line.    Otherwise all defense the first two days.   A DE and a DT.   A LB and a CB as well. 

And then our two 4th round picks will be offensive skill players.   I project a RB and a WR.  

I see the 5th and 6th rounds as more defense,  perhaps a safety and another LB. 

I don’t see Ballard going for stars until 2020.    He hasn’t literally said so, but he has strongly hinted at it.   It’s not hard to read him if you follow what he says and does closely.

• 2 weeks later...