Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Upcoming Philly thoughts and concerns

hambone35

I’d like to say that the colts are going to come out, and drive right down the field like we did vs the redskins, but I can’t. I’d like to say the colts are going to dominate the eagles like the whipping boys that they are, but I can’t. I’d like to say, that Reich is going to show everyone that the master behind the eagles last year was all him. But there’s nothing I can do. 

• Like 1

As I have always felt, I would rather be wrong in picking my team to win, then right in picking my team to lose. Therefor, I predict a win.

That said, this is a road game against a formidable team. The key IMO for the Colts to win is to have at least a +1 TO margin. I would be genuinely surprised to see a W coupled with losing the turnover margin. 

Go Colts! 

17 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't believe we can hold them under 20 at home.  I think more like mid-20's to 30 points.  The defense is improved, but they aren't "there" yet.  I think the offense is going to have to step it up in this one if the Colts are to have a chance.  Getting a turnover or two would also be beneficial.

I don't know what to expect from Philly's offense to be honest, but I'm hoping we unleash a little bit more of the playbook this week, because I think no matter what, we're gonna need to score 30-35 points to come out of this one victorious.

The Colts win 21-13 in what the media will bill "an upset".  However, the fact that Wentz has yet to play an NFL snap this season in the pre- or regular season will result in him being very rusty...advantage Colts.  This is Frank Reich's circled game on the calendar.  He'll never say it but he wants this one bad.  He'll have his team ready and the Colts will respond and ride last week's momentum to a head turning win this Sunday. 

22 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I think it will be a low score game.   17_14 type.   I'm excited you see if our defence can show out again. 

17 -14 colts is my prediction

I think Luck can burn their secondary a few times. Our defense just has to do well again. With the rhythm offense we have going right now, the Philly pass rushers shouldn’t be much of an issue, similar to Preston Smith and Kerrigan last week

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In all honesty it's a game nobody is picking us to win. We are playing with house money here being at 1-1 now. If we lose this game I won't even be upset as long as I see great effort and the game is competitive. If we win than I would say it's time the media and fans take us seriously again. 

Knowing the media, they will see it as “Philly has really declined since the super bowl to lose to the Colts”

Colts (2-1) decline 3 spots in the Week 3 power rankings. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

This is Frank Reich's circled game on the calendar.  He'll never say it but he wants this one bad.

Very well possible but I think the most anticipated match up comes in 2 more weeks. If there is a game that CB, JI, and probably FR want more than any is to beat NE. 

53 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Knowing the media, they will see it as “Philly has really declined since the super bowl to lose to the Colts”

Colts (2-1) decline 3 spots in the Week 3 power rankings. 

I hate to say it but you are right. If Philly loses it will be about what they did wrong and not how we played. Until we start winning alot that is how it will be. I do think if we win this game there will be some people that will have to admit we don't suck anymore.

Well, last week's win sure does spark optimism, doesn't it? Which is great to see around here.  But Philly is still a very dangerous team, and the Colts will be doing some more growing, with both good and bad results, in this game. I would just urge everyone to be patient; this is a fun group to watch, and they will drive you crazy at times. Maybe a bunch of times this coming Sunday. Its not that they can't win...they can. But everything has to go right, and the odds of that happening aren't great. I'm going to be watching for progress, such as our D for pass rush and also pass coverage, especially in the secondary. The safeties have to up their game. And for some consistency in the running game. If those things improve, I'm going to be a happy camper, regardless of whether it ends up a win or not. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Well, last week's win sure does spark optimism, doesn't it? Which is great to see around here.  But Philly is still a very dangerous team, and the Colts will be doing some more growing, with both good and bad results, in this game. I would just urge everyone to be patient; this is a fun group to watch, and they will drive you crazy at times. Maybe a bunch of times this coming Sunday. Its not that they can't win...they can. But everything has to go right, and the odds of that happening aren't great. I'm going to be watching for progress, such as our D for pass rush and also pass coverage, especially in the secondary. The safeties have to up their game. And for some consistency in the running game. If those things improve, I'm going to be a happy camper, regardless of whether it ends up a win or not. 

As you know I am one of the more positive posters on here and I hate negativity. I get on posters for picking us to lose each week. Having said that I am picking Philly to win this game but I think it will be close, something like 27-23. We will have a chance at the end. I would be pleasantly surprised if we win this one. We can win if Wentz is rusty and Andrew plays mistake free so it could happen. If we do lose this, I think we will bounce back and beat Houston in Week 4 to get to 2-2 so I will not panic. This past week was a huge win, at 0-2 we would've been in big trouble. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, will426 said:

Well if the bucs can beat them deep launch some balls to Hilton

I saw Dungy say before the Eagles vs Bucs last week that the Bucs would win because the Eagles put their corners on an island more than any other team. He was 100% right and the Eagles never really adjusted. The Colts don't have the WR weapons the Bucs have but you've got to think Hilton on deep patterns is on the radar.

I feel good about this game. The defense came together last week and I think they will have chances to be opportunistic against a returning Wentz. 

I don't know how our OL is going to handle their front 7, however. I have faith in Luck but he's going to need protection if we are going to have any chances at beating the reigning champs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, strt182 said:

Very well possible but I think the most anticipated match up comes in 2 more weeks. If there is a game that CB, JI, and probably FR want more than any is to beat NE. 

I think the Pats game is a circled one for Ballard and Irsay more so than Reich.  The Kraft, Belichick and McDaniels made Ballard and Irsay look like fools at the time.  Reich wasn’t involved in any of that.  Not to say Reich isn’t also motivated to beat New England but he has lots of ties to Philly and it’s only natural that he would want to beat his old team.