Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Upcoming Philly thoughts and concerns

hambone35

I don't believe we can hold them under 20 at home.  I think more like mid-20's to 30 points.  The defense is improved, but they aren't "there" yet.  I think the offense is going to have to step it up in this one if the Colts are to have a chance.  Getting a turnover or two would also be beneficial.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see Wentz being rusty. Usually after a leg injury and a QB not playing for nearly a year they aren't that good.

Colts are down 35 to 0 at halftime and then Luck orchestrates the greatest comeback of all time and we win 38 to 35

• Haha 1

The eagles are the defending SB champs but they are not playing like it.  Their red zone offense has been bad, the pass defense has been porous and their pass rush has been less than stellar so far this year.  Add to that that Wentz will be looking to his go to guy Ertz a lot and Wentz' ability to extend the play with his feet will be somewhat limited, I like the Colts chances.

Even with all of those things the Eagles are still an offense that can control the TOP, score points, while at the same time take advantage of miscues and score on big plays.

Plus there is always a chance the Colts defenders think they have accomplished something and DON't spend that extra 5 minutes watching film and let their mind wander at the crucial minute during the game planning.  

But I am a Colts fan, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the Colts and outside of Ertz and Agholor the Eagles don't have any weapons that can really break the game wide open.  It's going to be a close, hard fought game but I think the Colts will win by 3-6 points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't believe we can hold them under 20 at home.  I think more like mid-20's to 30 points.  The defense is improved, but they aren't "there" yet.  I think the offense is going to have to step it up in this one if the Colts are to have a chance.  Getting a turnover or two would also be beneficial.

In other news, it has been confirmed that Dolly Parton sleeps on her back.

Just joshin' AZ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's amazing what 1 win does to people here in the Forum. This past week hardly nobody was picking us to win at Washington and now many think we can win at Philly. A win does the Forum good! It has been very pleasant in here so far this week and I love it, winning soothes the soul :thmup:

If we take a loss it will be back to the sky is falling majority.  :dunno:

• Like 1

Doesnt look like Ajayi is going to suit up either. With Sproles banged up as well I like our chances of limiting Clement and the Eagles running game. 

If the defense gives a similar preformance and Luck has a good game I say Colts win 27-20

(Side note I have Ajayi, Mixon, and Fournette for fantasy. Injuries galore!).

The Eagles have WR injury issues.  Apparently Mike Wallace is out.  Alshon Jeffrey is questionable and may need at least another week to recover, I think he has a shoulder injury.  Their 3rd WR Mack Hollins is already on IR.

In saying this, don't want under estimate the other WR's. 

As Reggie Wayne would say, they are on scholarship too. 

#1 WR now is Nelson Agholor, a 2015 1st round draft choice, #20 pick, from USC, 6-0 198.  Draft report says did not have a great 2014 at USC after starring the previous year.  Dangerous kick returner, especially punts.  Not a true deep threat but finds ways to get open and break some plays.  Might develop into a standout slot guy.

After a disappointing first 2 years, had a breakout year when he was moved to the slot.  62 Rec, 768 yds, 8 TD's, 12.4 Avg.

This year is tied for team lead in receptions with 16, for 121 yds, 7.6 avg, 1 TD

TE Zach Ertz has 16 receptions, for 142 yds, 8.9 avg, 0 TD's,

Former Colt from 2017, WR Kamar Aiken has 5 reception for 39 yds, 7.8 avg, 0 TD's.  A little concerned about him being psyched to show his old team.  Hopefully he shows us the same thing as last year, very little. 

1 hour ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Doesnt look like Ajayi is going to suit up either. With Sproles banged up as well I like our chances of limiting Clement and the Eagles running game. 

If the defense gives a similar preformance and Luck has a good game I say Colts win 27-20

(Side note I have Ajayi, Mixon, and Fournette for fantasy. Injuries galore!).

They called up Josh Adams from the PS. The big back from Notre Dame. They plan on running the ball against us. Play action type thing .

1 hour ago, Caffrey said:

The Eagles have WR injury issues.  Apparently Mike Wallace is out.  Alshon Jeffrey is questionable and may need at least another week to recover, I think he has a shoulder injury.  Their 3rd WR Mack Hollins is already on IR.

In saying this, don't want under estimate the other WR's. 

As Reggie Wayne would say, they are on scholarship too. 

#1 WR now is Nelson Agholor, a 2015 1st round draft choice, #20 pick, from USC, 6-0 198.  Draft report says did not have a great 2014 at USC after starring the previous year.  Dangerous kick returner, especially punts.  Not a true deep threat but finds ways to get open and break some plays.  Might develop into a standout slot guy.

After a disappointing first 2 years, had a breakout year when he was moved to the slot.  62 Rec, 768 yds, 8 TD's, 12.4 Avg.

This year is tied for team lead in receptions with 16, for 121 yds, 7.6 avg, 1 TD

TE Zach Ertz has 16 receptions, for 142 yds, 8.9 avg, 0 TD's,

Former Colt from 2017, WR Kamar Aiken has 5 reception for 39 yds, 7.8 avg, 0 TD's.  A little concerned about him being psyched to show his old team.  Hopefully he shows us the same thing as last year, very little. 

I think Jason Peters has a quad injury as well. He may start but if not, his backup has issues.

If the Colts can cover Ertz and Aguilar and be effective against the run, they have a good chance to win. They are getting the Eagles at the perfect time and I would not be surprised if the Colts win by more than a TD.

This is one of those games where the Colts will need to get ahead in points early so they can force the Eagles to be 1 dimensional and unleash their pass rushers.

It sounds like a lot of people are counting out the reigning SB Champs but I think that is a mistake.  This will be an emotionally charged game for 2 reasons: Wentz's return and Reich coming back to play against his former team.  

I really hope the coaches have the players focused in on this game.   They do have a good opportunity to win this game.

• Like 1

We know the defense can play great football, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they don't show up against Philly like they did Washington. I think we'll see inconsistency from this young of a team for a while.

Their OL is solid, especially if Peters plays, and if we can't get pressure on Wentz it'll be a tough game.

Also, Reich's offense vs Schwartz defense will be something to watch. I think he's one of the best DC's in the league.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. I posted the same thing :thmup:

Philly isn't great right now though. Terrible preseason and have not looked good this season. They have a good defense still of course but that offense is in shambles and I'm doubtful Went can spark it in his first game back with a good number of his key weapons missing. 

Philly signed WR  Jordan Matthews today.  During quarterback Carson Wentz's rookie season in 2016, Matthews proved to be a favorite target of Wentz with 117 looks, which led the team. Matthews turned those 117 targets into 73 catches for 804 yards, both of which finished second behind tight end Zach Ertz's 78 catches for 816 yards on 106 targets.    

31 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

We know the defense can play great football, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they don't show up against Philly like they did Washington. I think we'll see inconsistency from this young of a team for a while.

Their OL is solid, especially if Peters plays, and if we can't get pressure on Wentz it'll be a tough game.

Also, Reich's offense vs Schwartz defense will be something to watch. I think he's one of the best DC's in the league.

They have 4 pro bowlers on that offensive line, they are more then solid

• Like 1

We had Cleveland tieing Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay racking up points unheard of with a "backup" QB and the Jags over the Patsys. If The Colts get behind it will force Luck to throw and then INTs come in to question. They need to start strong like they did last week. The key? Anybody's guess.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I think it will be a low score game.   17_14 type.   I'm excited you see if our defence can show out again. 

17 -14 colts is my prediction

If the defense from last week show's up the colts can for sure win this game the eagles are not playing like the 2017 eagles did so I thinks colts have a chance.

Jason Peters set to play, Jay Ajayi day to day

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/19/jason-peters-set-to-play-jay-ajayi-day-to-day/

...Left tackle Jason Peters left last Sunday’s loss to the Buccaneers with a quad injury and running back Jay Ajayi was in and out of the game due to a back injury, but it looks like there’s a chance both will be able to face the Colts. Pederson said that Peters will play and he described Ajayi as “day to day” heading into Sunday.

Pederson said the same thing about Darren Sproles, although he said he expects Sproles to be out longer than Ajayi. Pederson also gave an update on wide receiver Alshon Jeffery, who won’t play this week as he continues to rehab his surgically-repaired shoulder...

Sucks that Castanzo is prob out, and I'm guessing Mack will be out too. We'll probably see more Hewitt to help with blocking, which means less Ebron snaps.

Great that Ajayi might be out, and Blount isn't on the team anymore. He seemed to always have our number. Also, Wentz will be rusty.....hopefully rustier than Luck was.

I feel our Defense will remain opportunistic and create some turnovers again  (hopefully get some pass rush as well) and Colts squeak by with a game winning Vinny FG. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping to see Luck have a turnover free game, and I'm hoping to see a few deep connections with the WRs making plays to the ball. Continuing mixing in short and intermediate throws with a decent show of the running game should open things up. If Andrew can get that done, I don't see why we can't win this game. 

The defense, mostly Leonard, will need to play contain to limit what Carson does with his legs. Make no mistake, this Eagles team will be desperate and hungry for a win. They will score in the endzone so the offense will need to play better as a whole unit so it's not all on the defense. 

They are solid on both sides of the ball(on paper at least).  They proved it on the field last year.  I feel like they didn't play that well in week 1 or 2, maybe Wentz gives them a lift but he could be rusty.  I am not sure what to expect.  If the Colts D can play like they did last week and the offense can manage drives without turning the ball over, the Colts can win this one.  I hope they stay competitive, no one is picking them to win.