Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lawrence Owen

Your not going to believe where PFF has Colts defense ranked

12 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Yeah, that's right...#6!..and that 88.2 tackle grade,...That's tops in the NFL!

If we give up less than 19 points each game, Luck will do the rest! Make that 26-0!

Also I notice that Cincy and The Skins have defenses ranked 4th and 3rd respectively. If we have a good offense now playing those defenses, what will it be like later on when we play worse defenses? Think about that for a second...Things lookin' up!

:coltshelmet:

Again,   I'm so happy McDaniels pulled a McDonald's.   Frank and company have things headed in the right direction.   There will be head scratching mistakes,   but I think frank is the right guy

I couldn't be happier with Frank Reich and the staff that he and Ballard put together.

Also, those first and second year draft picks are meshing well together with a blend of free agents (Slauson, Ebron, Grant, Sheard, Woods) and waiver wire pickups (Moore, Muhammad, Desir, Glowinski). 

I fear that Basham is turning into Jerry Hughes and the moment we trade/waive him he'll take off.

But - even if that happens Ballard will replace him with a Muhammad or a Phillips that will contribute.

Sunday was the first time in a long time our defense has won a game for us, it was a great relief seeing this team making strides and not putting it all on Lucks shoulders. Things are definitely trending upwards with the changes being made.

What a great change from the Grigson-Pagano defenses...and from the Grigson-Pagano offenses too.

And Andrew's passes seemed to have a little more zip on them this week.

Nice changes.

23 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I don't care if it's been 2 games.  When was the last time our defense has been ranked in the top 10?  

Think we allowed fewest points in 07

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Think we allowed fewest points in 07

Really?  That's very hard to believe.  I know those defenses used to be in the top 10 for pass defense because everyone would just run on us LMAO

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

I couldn't be happier with Frank Reich and the staff that he and Ballard put together.

Also, those first and second year draft picks are meshing well together with a blend of free agents (Slauson, Ebron, Grant, Sheard, Woods) and waiver wire pickups (Moore, Muhammad, Desir, Glowinski). 

I fear that Basham is turning into Jerry Hughes and the moment we trade/waive him he'll take off.

But - even if that happens Ballard will replace him with a Muhammad or a Phillips that will contribute.

Glowinski?  What a weird example.  Has he even played a snap this year?

Deangelo Hall said the Colts front got beat up against the Bengals, but against the skins they looked like they had 3 or 4 pro bowlers on the D Line. Ha Ha!

2 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Also I notice that Cincy and The Skins have defenses ranked 4th and 3rd respectively. If we have a good offense now playing those defenses, what will it be like later on when we play worse defenses? Think about that for a second...Things lookin' up!

Not to be a downer, more to point a point, I wonder more when there is more data on if the Skins and Cincy will have top defense or was it cuz they faced us

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Deangelo Hall said the Colts front got beat up against the Bengals, but against the skins they looked like they had 3 or 4 pro bowlers on the D Line. Ha Ha!

I watched the Bengals game again.  The D was much better than I thought.  A few big penalties and a few big plays were the difference.  Long Green PI, long Green TD.  Long Mixon run before half.  Stupid Geathers PI.  

Point is, like Sunday, they were swarming to the ball.  They were getting inside pressure.  Outside of a few mistakes, it was better than I thought.  

6 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Exactly

11 minutes ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

Exactly, give the O till mid season and I have a feeling we will be in for a treat. AC being back should allow us to take some more shots down field and open up some space for the run game.  Andrew's comments on the line play and how excited he got talking about it is very reassuring considering we are without our starting LT. The left side of that line should be really good. The fact that our defense is going through our rookie 2nd round LB makes me even more excited about it. It was a great feeling watching our D and not having the thought in my head that we were going to blow it. Leonard is looking special, for a guy who got a late start you sure can't tell it. Love that he doesn't have a problem taking on a leadership role. Kid just keeps checking boxes and I think next week he's going to make his presence felt big time against Wentz.

11 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I don’t want this defense thing to end. 

They seriously remind me of the 2006 Colts playoff version of our defense in a lot of ways.  I think they may be better though, because we see a lot more guys swarming to the ball with this D.  I don't think it's a coincidence that we're playing a style similar to the Tampa 2 either.  

11 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Really?  That's very hard to believe.  I know those defenses used to be in the top 10 for pass defense because everyone would just run on us LMAO

375 yards still haunts me to this day

11 hours ago, smittywerb said:

The good pass defense also had to do with teams giving up on their efficient running game.   Seemed like 2 of every 3 games, Manning and the offense would score enough to make the opposing team give up on their running game and go pass only.   Freeney and Mathis would then pin their ears back and go at it.

One point: The D is looking better and barring injuries it is only fitting they will get better as the season progresses. Through the Pagano years it appeared they had no answers and it was frustrating hearing Pagan say they will just keep plugging along as if there was no solution. Success is achieved on putting the right people in the right slots. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

375 yards still haunts me to this day

I was at that game and it wasn't fun being a Colts fan rocking Colts attire!

on sunday they did look like a top 10 D

they give up a lot of rushing ypc, and a big pass to the bengals though.  our offense kept them off the field, and from looking too bad in that one 

Redskins D is ranked in the top as well. Like I said, let us wait till the first 5 weeks are over, we will see where we stand. If we are still Top 10 after playing the Patriots and Eagles on the road, then we will have to take notice.

For what it is worth, Eberflus was McDaniels' pick that the Colts wished to honor the contract for. 

56 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Redskins D is ranked in the top as well. Like I said, let us wait till the first 5 weeks are over, we will see where we stand. If we are still Top 10 after playing the Patriots and Eagles on the road, then we will have to take notice.

For what it is worth, Eberflus was McDaniels' pick that the Colts wished to honor the contract for. 

LOL. Colts, Skins AND Bengals all in tops.  With Bengals and Skins in top, Makes you wonder about the Colts O.

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

I was at that game and it wasn't fun being a Colts fan rocking Colts attire!

Oh wow bro, how has therapy been going? Heh

6 hours ago, Myles said:

The good pass defense also had to do with teams giving up on their efficient running game.   Seemed like 2 of every 3 games, Manning and the offense would score enough to make the opposing team give up on their running game and go pass only.   Freeney and Mathis would then pin their ears back and go at it.

That is correct!  Then teams found out the way to beat the colts was to keep manning OFF the field lol

but man, seeing those 2 get after it was some good stuff.

20 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Glowinski?  What a weird example.  Has he even played a snap this year?

Doesn't matter as he backs up Nelson and Slauson but he's younger, stronger and more takented than Vujnovich ever was AND was a capable starter in Seattle for a couple years. Plus - he hasn't stepped on any teammates feet (yet) and have them go on season ending IR. That's why :)

22 hours ago, smittywerb said:

I don't care if it's been 2 games.  When was the last time our defense has been ranked in the top 10?  

Yep Im drinkin the kool aid too, and it is sweet.

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Doesn't matter as he backs up Nelson and Slauson but he's younger, stronger and more takented than Vujnovich ever was AND was a capable starter in Seattle for a couple years. Plus - he hasn't stepped on any teammates feet (yet) and have them go on season ending IR. That's why :)

I hear you.....and a-freaking-men on the bulleted points.