Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RollerColt

Carson Wentz Cleared for Eagles vs Colts

I'd rather take Wentz's first game on the road where there is a chance he may be rusty with a little timing issues. If we scrape out a win somehow, I'd be ecstatic.

If we beat them I don't care if he's rusty, that'd be a great win. Teams are ok beating a rusty Luck.

does it make me a bad fan to start him this week haha 

Let's hope he's skiddish like Watson was his first game back. I think their LT got hurt on Sunday as well. Jeffery and Mike Wallace likely to be out as well. I could also see this being a big mental boost for the Eagles more than anything.

He'll probably be a little rusty, and if out defense plays like they did vs Redskins, I can see us winning.

Of course, our offense needs to play well too. Here's hoping that Luck makes less mistakes as the season goes on

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

More worried about their pass rush instead of Wentz this game.

Didn't Fletcher Cox get injured? 

Is Went really that good? He had like one good season. 

I'm sincerely asking because I have never seen him play. 

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

does it make me a bad fan to start him this week haha 

Would be a mistake. Wentz will be rusty and our defense is opportunistic.

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Considering his good season was his 2nd year of playing it's presumed that he is in fact that good.

It wasn't like he came out of nowhere after being in the league for 10 seasons.  

He had a solid rookie campaign and started lighting things up his 2nd year.  

I have a good feeling about this game for several reasons:

Wentz’s first game back

Wallace out. Jeffery is week to week.

Frank’s familiarity with Eagles

Ajayi tweeked his ankle

Jason Peters sore quad

Eagles are going to rely on run game and short passes to TEs and RBs. They are probably more limited than they have been in a while.

The Colts are playing better and building confidence.

Their Oline and Dline played great.

Hopefully getting Castonzo and/or Good back.

I would not be surprised if the Colts win this game.

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

He is a beast and according to reports he is passing more accurate than ever

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Considering his good season was his 2nd year of playing it's presumed that he is in fact that good.

It wasn't like he came out of nowhere after being in the league for 10 seasons.  

He had a solid rookie campaign and started lighting things up his 2nd year.  

Think he's better than luck?

Philadelphia's receivers are quite poor. Alshon Jeffrey has been banged up too. 

GOOD. 

So when we whip their offense like we did Washington yesterday, there is no excuse to why the #30 team in the power rankings whipped up on the superbowl champs. 

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Insulting to Luck to even compare the two. Luck took a garbage team to the AFC title game. Carson has yet to even win a single playoff game. I know that Carson would have won MVP last year, but Luck should already have at least 2

I am very excited for this game.  A chance for the Colts to show what they can do against the superbowl champs.... Although as many have said, they are banged up... 

I am hoping I get this game televised here in Pittsburgh, but knowing my like I won't...

12 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

if both are at full health then they are not that far apart

he tends to throw fewer ints than luck, but also less big gains.  

27 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Should of won MVP last year that’s how good he is.

Carson Wentz has a supporting cast that can allow Nick Foles to win a SB. Luck hasn't had anything approaching that kind of depth around him.

He is good though. But I'd be more concerned about his ability to survive the game than Luck. He takes LOTS of hits. Most of which aren't necessary. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Carson Wentz has a supporting cast that can allow Nick Foles to win a SB. Luck hasn't had anything approaching that kind of depth around him.

He is good though. But I'd be more concerned about his ability to survive the game than Luck. He takes LOTS of hits. Most of which aren't necessary. 

Good way to look at it. 

22 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I personally don't think so, but Carson is very good. Has a knack for extending plays when things break down. 

Our defense will need to contain him and rattle him early. If he finds a rhythm it can spell disaster for opposing teams. 

If the line can get into the backfield again, that will make or break the flux of the game. 

39 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Would be a mistake. Wentz will be rusty and our defense is opportunistic.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. They beat an aging Alex Smith led offense with a 33 year old RB and no weapons on the outside who were over their heads confident after beating a bad cardinals team that just got shut out. Dont get me wrong, I thought our defense played great, but their not a finished product by any means

31 minutes ago, MTC said:

Philadelphia's receivers are quite poor. Alshon Jeffrey has been banged up too. 

They're also all hurt, which is a big favor for our D. They can lock in on the run game.

IF the Colts defense plays anything like it did Sunday, we might have a shot.  And was was said, I'd rather get Wentz for his first game in a while than 5 games in.  The timing may just be right to give the Colts a shot in this one.  We will see.

It takes one W and our fanbase gets all the way gassed up haha  

Hoping for a good game. I haven’t really watched Wentz play. 

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

He's very good.

Could Reich be the X-factor for this game?  Not only does he know how to attack the Eagles' defense, he can likely provide Eberflus with some ammo on how to slow down the Eagles offense.  Sure, they have likely changed a few things since Reich left, but I highly doubt the offensive philosophy is that different.  I would bet the Colts know more about the Eagles than the other way around.

36 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. They beat an aging Alex Smith led offense with a 33 year old RB and no weapons on the outside who were over their heads confident after beating a bad cardinals team that just got shut out. Dont get me wrong, I thought our defense played great, but their not a finished product by any means

The Eagles aren't the same team that won it all last year. They are ranked 24th in ypg

and our defense is ranked 9th in ypg. Our defense is currently in the top 33 percentile

in the league.