Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Margus Hunt

Aluckiswolverine

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

Let's ignore that Ballard drafted two busts in a row, Wilson and Basham. I like Ballard just fine, but let's not act like he hasn't made any mistakes

You have no chill dude. Have you anything positive to say?  The team is headed in the right direction and Ballard gets credit for that.  Drafting and FA acquisitions are not a science

A couple of thoughts here. 

1. You cannot call Wilson a bust. He is injured. He is growing as a player. Give it time.

2. Basham is still a work in progress. Lets see how he looks at the end of the year. If he is still not flashing, then you can start saying that. Not until then. Its just too soon. 

3. I expect Simon to get picked up by a 3-4 D team. Simon doesn't fit the 4-3 because he's a little slow, but he's fierce and relentless, and someone will sign him soon. I'm pulling hard for him. However, just by watching the LBs yesterday, you could see the impact of their speed and what a difference it makes vs. last year's podding 3-4 D. These guys are fast; they swarm to the ball; and they produce turnovers. Its going to be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

Simon was a stop gap signed to a rebuilding team. He had a problem staying healthy and was a situational backup on his previous team and was allowed to walk. He may sign with another team but I can see him not playing in the nfl again. He is a borderline starter on a bad team but expensive depth on a good team. I wish him the best but we have found better options for the short term and possibly longer. 

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Let's ignore that Ballard drafted two busts in a row, Wilson and Basham. I like Ballard just fine, but let's not act like he hasn't made any mistakes

No one said he doesn't make mistakes, but missing on a draft pick from time to time (jury is still out on both guys you just mentioned BTW) doesn't make him a bad GM. I'd take Ballard's last 2 draft classes over Bill Belichick's past 2 seasons worth of picks, in a heartbeat.