Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great overall game

CR91

3 hours ago, #12. said:

I agree, and I think it's a work in progress.  During the offseason, Reich spoke of going up-tempo and being aggressive.  I think that will come.  Today, they sort of played the scoreboard, which was smart, with the way the D was playing.

As of right now, I think the offense plays better going up tempo with Luck more in control.  But like you said, work in progress.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I dont think the Jags and Skins play remotely simlar styles. Jags can hit big plays downfield. Short passing game plays right into our D's hands.

Agreed. Jags are tougher to defend than the skins and better coached.

24 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

I'm liking Leonard and Desir.

D was getting pressure. 

O-line will be much better when AC and Good return. 

Kenny moore made some nice plays to. The tackling looks much improved

The defense shined.  The offense was a little more up and down, they were having long drives for TDS or going 3 and out.  Luck threw 2 TDS but also threw two picks.  Some work to be done in the passing game for sure.  Still it was refreshing to see the Colts dominate a game in which their passing game wasn’t clicking on all cylinders.  Also worth mentioning as a team they were over 100 yards rushing.  The passing game will keep getting better.  If the Colts get this effort on defense and pounding the ball they are going to win a lot more than they will lose.  

• Like 2

Our offense really could use another Playmaker at WR.  Too bad Josh Gordon is such a flake because he could be the answer.  Teams only really have to game plan for TY.  I'm not really expecting us to score a lot of points this year.  Hope I'm wrong but we'll see.  Our defense is just going to get better and should keep us in every game. 

17 hours ago, #12. said:

Played complementary football.  Played a 4 quarter game.  Won in the trenches.  How often do you say that about the Colts?  lol 

Outside of the one Luck INT, no complaints.

I will say, though, to compete with any elite team we'll have to be more aggressive offensively and will have to find a pass rush off the edge.  

Both picks by luck one was tipped and the other the guy jumped the route I watched video of both I say great defensive plays no real fault there.

-I didn't see the entire game, just highlights.

-Loved the defense overall.

-Love the blocking by grant and the o-line.

-Loved how we marched right down the field our first possession.

-Loved how Hines "followed his fat children" to the endzone; they provided a crease, and he made one heck of a play to keep his balance and dive in.  The o-line did a nice job blocking, getting their hands on the first defender, then switching to another, that was awesome.

-No TDs from the Defense just made my weekend!

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Both picks by luck one was tipped and the other the guy jumped the route I watched video of both I say great defensive plays no real fault there.

I definitely put the 2nd pick on Luck.  The RB was wide open in the flat.  Luck does still seem to lock on to Hilton at times.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J@son said:

I definitely put the 2nd pick on Luck.  The RB was wide open in the flat.  Luck does still seem to lock on to Hilton at times.  

Ya well without the defender jumping the route the pass was in direct line to Hilton so ya he could have checked it down but he tried for Hilton but sadly it didn't work that time.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya well without the defender jumping the route the pass was in direct line to Hilton so ya he could have checked it down but he tried for Hilton but sadly it didn't work that time.

lol...well sure without the defender in the way it would have been an easy pass. Problem was, there were 2 or 3 defenders in that area...it was an insanely tight window Luck was trying to throw into.  Poor decision imo.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Our offense really could use another Playmaker at WR.  Too bad Josh Gordon is such a flake because he could be the answer.  Teams only really have to game plan for TY.  I'm not really expecting us to score a lot of points this year.  Hope I'm wrong but we'll see.  Our defense is just going to get better and should keep us in every game. 

gordon would not be available if he didnt have any issues

his TD last week was great too, i bet he goes to the patriots if he clears the leagues substance abuse tests 

27 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The whole point of defense is to be in the way of passes, right? That throw was beyond a terrible decision. He will get better each week imo but he also has been known for these bonehead plays. He likes to try and force a few.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This is the point of our offensive scheme. A team can just target Hilton but they need to double him for the most part. This then allows for our other guys to get open with mis-matches. Also you get guys to open up the middle or allow crossing routes. Our old offense, yes you are correct you could just cut the field in half and stop us. Now we have a good mix plus you add big bodies like Ebron close to the red zone and you have targets.

Once everything gets clicking and we are running full cylinders I see us scoring more points for sure.

1 hour ago, J@son said:

That is evident to me too.  I would expect Ballard to address the #2 WR position either via the draft or FA.  Plenty of $$$ to spend too.

19 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

The whole point of defense is to be in the way of passes, right? That throw was beyond a terrible decision. He will get better each week imo but he also has been known for these bonehead plays. He likes to try and force a few.

Manning did the same thing he would throw a lot of bonehead INT's.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Manning did the same thing he would throw a lot of bonehead INT's.

I mean I am not going to argue that, but that is not the point in this at all.  The throw you are referring t o was just simply a bad decision and bad throw. Swearinger had that easily read and was able to take a step forward to grab it.

• Like 1

That INT was one of the few negatives from the game, and was particularly bad because it came in your own territory when there was no pressure in the game.  You had a two score lead and Washington was struggling to move the ball.  Just punt.

Now, in recent years, most of Luck's INTs were understandable to me.  He's watching the opposing team march up and down the field.  He's consistently playing from behind.  He has no running game and is in 2nd and 3rd and long regularly.  The pass protection is horrible - he's getting hit constantly.  In that situation, any QB will throw INTs, but yesterday's was different.  That was a particularly bad one.  Thankfully, the D manned up and held them to 3.

Luck threw one int according to cbpff stats!

IMO, the play was there, but it would have taken a perfect throw (touch more air and out in front).  Those are the plays that if it hits, everyone is awe struck.  But luck has always been more Favre than manning or Brady, so I expect we'll see more of these type plays.  Both the one he hits and the one he misses. 4