Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteelCityColt

Colts @ Redskins Game Day Thread

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup....   especially now with a more diversified offense...   there’s no need to force the ball this way.... 

Use all your weapons...

I really thought a good screen to get TY or Hines in open space was smart there. Punt the football instead of forcing something on 3rd and long. Defense is playing way too strong to gift wrap 3 points there.

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

We just don't look like the same team

I would Have to disagree. We’ve been a team that seems to fall off the tracks 2nd half. Cannot keep putting your Defense on the field quickly or giving the other team short fields

Pretty bad display by the offense right now.

Have some pride and make some plays!

It's been a long time since I had more confidence in the defense coming up big as opposed to the offense. I expect D to get a big turnover soon.

This board is in a mood of feeling a loss coming...………………. And it may not be wrong .

Just now, HOF19 said:

This board is in a mood of feeling a loss coming...………………. And it may not be wrong .

We have seen it happen way too many times for us to be optimistic.

Just now, HOF19 said:

I’ve seen this movie before.

Just now, Jdubu said:

Not enough pressure now. It’s gone

For the D to have held the Skins to 6 points thus far is amazing.  The troublesome part is the offense just looks horrendous.  

Just now, HOF19 said:

Well, it is a familiar blueprint.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• IF the Colts sign Rivers...JB will be gone in a trade. That is what is best for both parties...and they will not carry two QBs with $35-40M in cap space tied up. JB likely doesn't have a ton of trade value...but the trading team is only taking on $13M (which isn't a ton in the current QB market)...so he's definitely moveable...even if it requires some creativity.   JB is currently a sunk cost...and whatever dead cap space is ultimately attached to him is just that. But by trading him...you would be freeing up $15-16M in cap space...which can be used to get a better stop gap. So whatever additional cap space (above the $15-16M you saved) is what that new QB costs. 
    • I would rather have a band-aid than the current open wound. Besides, Rivers is not meant to be the ultimate solution...he is merely a stopgap and mentor for whatever rookie they draft.    Reich and Sirianni came to Indy to coach a top tier QB and win. This roster is likely good enough to compete...but another season of JB offers neither top tier QB play or the real chance to win. Rivers might...and that's really all they can do at this point...until the next guy is ready to take over.
    • Chiefs select Trevon Diggs CB    Wanna try again with me doing odd? And out of curiosity who would Colts pick at 34 after this mock
    • 2012 and 2018 were the only incredible years with Luck. 2012 because I thought it was the first year of a journey of winning SBs. 2018 was because I thought Luck was back for good, we had the correct coach and GM, and now Luck was going to ball out. Never happened and he quit in his prime. Big waste of time and energy with hindsight, and I'm supposed to go through that all over again? It's like the equivalent of a rich person losing all his money and having to start again from the bottom. This offseason is a big determining factor whether I watch the Colts next year.   Rather put my head in a pot of boiling water than watch Brissett at QB for another year. I got so much enjoyment and entertainment from Mahomes winning the SB because he reminded me of what Luck could of been, and I lived through him for a day. Oh well.
    • Greg Olsen was under contract with Carolina through next year before they decided to release him. Rivers has no contractual obligations with LA past the close of the league year, which ended after the Super Bowl. LA can’t release Rivers because he’s no longer under contract to them.   That’s the same scenario for every free agent. LA could negotiate with him if they choose up to free agency but every other team has to wait until the legal tampering period starts. Players that are released don’t have to wait until the legal tampering period and can negotiate and sign with a team of their choosing immediately. They also don’t count against the formula for determining draft pick comp picks.
  • Members