• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Just avoid this website for about 30 seconds leading up to the pick. Not that hard to avoid this type of spoiler.
    • Fact - Dorsey put KC in a hole from a cap perspective Fact - Dorsey told Maclin via email that he was being released.  Fact - Dorsey was fired from KC Fact - KC went from ranked in the 20s offensively to the top 5 immediately after Dorsey was fired   Simply put, Dorsey didn't work out in KC. And firing someone via email is just *ic and cowardly. That is black and white.
    • You have a singularly unique viewpoint.   If only the real world was as black and white as you seem to think it is....   If only....  
    • If all are there, I take Wilkins 99% of the time and Simmons 1%. Like you've stated its unlikely though, so I'll go with Simmons (provided Dr's reports are good).  
    • I already pointed to 2 teams who got far more hosed this year than the Colts.  The Buccaneers and the Raiders.  Even the NFL came out and ADMITTED it was not a fair schedule.  So tell me, did they really care? Nope.  They had plenty of opportunity to pour over the schedules before they became public and make some adjustments.  They did not.  They have proven my point.  They do not care if schedules are unfair.   When I say to whine, just play your schedule, that refers to the difficulty this year of the teams we play and the locations of the games which are hard wired in and known to everyone the second the schedule comes out.  I am also not whining when I pointed to the schedule's order being particularly difficult with those three divisional games coming down the road.   Those are simply the teams hard wired in and the order, though not preferential, is not worth whining about.   It's a known reality you have to play all those teams in all those locations.     BUT.. and here is the massive distinction: The late night games and the nationally featured games are entirely and intentionally created all season.  Nobody denies this.   So for 10 of 13 seasons, they have INTENTIONALLY given us a horrendously unbalanced disadvantages, and they do not care.  The idea that they DO care at all about things like CTE is only because they don't want the lawsuits and they don't want the gravy train to be legislated by government to stop.  They don't want the PEOPLE to demand it.  Or for Moms to stop letting their hyper athletic kids to play football and instead guide them into other sports.  Of course soccer leads to more overall concussions per player worldwide at all levels, but the media simply doesn't care because the "world" game is off limits and the NFL is a big fat target to be taken down by a line of special interests in the USA.  It is a game that important to men and boys and often teaches them to work together for something bigger than themselves, to have discipline and focus, to stay out of trouble and put some effort into grades and it often gives kids without fathers in the home exposure to many father figures in the game, not just a head coach, but assistant positional coaches and coordinators, weight lifting/fitness coaches and team captains/leaders as well as peers who are more often doing the right things instead of the wrong things.  For whatever reason some would prefer to theorize, there are major forces out to destroy that lifeline for boys, young men and even full grown men.  But the NFL doesn't care about the health or those issues.  They only care that the supply of super freak athletes continues unabated and they don't care about fairness, equality or safety, they care about TV ratings (#1 show on every involved network) so those nearly insane rates keep growing and to keep butts in seats, gambling growing and thriving (wait til you see what is coming in that arena) and merchandise sales humming along.  If they have to screw the Colts and other teams along the way, it's no big deal to them.  If the refs just happen to screw the smaller markets at key moments of specific games to change who advances, well, that's just a happy coincidence that rings up a higher ticket on the cash machine.   And based on attitudes like "small markets like Indianapolis should be happy to just have a team" they have those people just where they want them.  Docile and willing to take any scraps they care to toss out.  That's how they con cities into terrible stadium deals (thank God Indianapolis representative are brilliant and have connected our convention business to the stadium literally to the stadium making us one of the top convention destinations in the world, but I digress).     Pointing out TRUTHS is not whining.  Pointing out and listing undeniable facts is not whining.  Whining about me doing that is whining.  Whining about me pointing out when your faux facts and belief in them as being naive is whining.   Not being able to tell the difference is also naive.  But alas. 
  • Members

• BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792 1,218

• DillyDilly

DillyDilly 870

Senior Members
    • Irish YJ

Irish YJ 393

• ReMeDy

ReMeDy 2,694

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 1,882