Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Colts Go Cornerback RD 1 In 2019 Draft.

5 hours ago, Savage21 said:

Two words, Greedy Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJqwdk09JQ

I am not sure where he is projected to go, but the kid from Georgia, Baker, has looked good.  I have seen him in a few games now, it looks like he has good instincts and plays with discipline.  I believe he has good size too, 6'2" is what I heard yesterday. 

23 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I am not sure where he is projected to go, but the kid from Georgia, Baker, has looked good.  I have seen him in a few games now, it looks like he has good instincts and plays with discipline.  I believe he has good size too, 6'2" is what I heard yesterday. 

Baker is listed at 5'11 185 so that's probably being generous. I do agree that he can play though. I'd take him in a heartbeat. I think he's probably a mid first rounder at the moment so he could be available when the Colts are on the clock.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Baker is listed at 5'11 185 so that's probably being generous. I do agree that he can play though. I'd take him in a heartbeat. I think he's probably a mid first rounder at the moment so he could be available when the Colts are on the clock.

I guess I should have looked up his measurements and not taken the announcer's word on it.  5'11" is a lot different than 6'2", but he does look good so far.

I think we should look at a good skill position talent in round 2, maybe like Emanuel Hall from Missouri at WR. If that does not work and we go with Golden Tate in free agency, I would not mind a good route runner like Hunter Renfrow in Round 3 from Clemson, who has played in a Pro style offense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

As Ballard has stated (CB is not a premium) I think many will be disappointed if you hope to have a CB picked in the first round.  Maybe someone in the mid rounds but my guess is a dline guy or maybe an oline guy, but I would look at the trenches.

Yes, I'm aware of Ballard's draft strategy. And you're right about the first round pick likely being in the trenches. I'm just chiming in on my thoughts about the CBs being mentioned above. 

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think we should look at a good skill position talent in round 2, maybe like Emanuel Hall from Missouri at WR. If that does not work and we go with Golden Tate in free agency, I would not mind a good route runner like Hunter Renfrow in Round 3 from Clemson, who has played in a Pro style offense.

I like Renfrow but I'm not sure he gets drafted. 5th round would be the earliest I could see him coming off the board.

8 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I guess I should have looked up his measurements and not taken the announcer's word on it.  5'11" is a lot different than 6'2", but he does look good so far.

We really don't get accurate measurements until the combine anyway. Anyone who thinks we are going CB in the first has not been paying attention. The only way I can see that is if the CB is by far the BPA. I don't think that will be the case in this coming draft. 

18 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We really don't get accurate measurements until the combine anyway. Anyone who thinks we are going CB in the first has not been paying attention. The only way I can see that is if the CB is by far the BPA. I don't think that will be the case in this coming draft. 

You're right, the Colts will probably not go CB first round, not with this defense anyway.  There should be, fingers crossed, very good DLine prospects available when the Colts pick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WalterFootball has the following as of Sept 15:

1. Greedy Williams - LSU 

6'2 - 175lbs

Pr. Rd. 1

2. Amani Oruwariye - Penn State

6'1 - 203lbs

Pr. Rd. 1-2

3. Blessuan Austin - Rutgers

6' - 194lbs

Pr. Rd. 1-2