Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts should sign Josh Gordon immediately

Rumor is he was NOT released for substance abuse.  He actually left TC and went to a substance abuse treatment facility to get himself clean.  He apparently pulled a hammy away from football.  It is also said the Gordon was forthright with them on it.  The Browns just wanted to part ways because of how many issues they've had with him since the got him.

IMO, the talent is obviously there.  I'd  ask the Browns to bring him in and talk to him.  Let Ballard make a decision. I'll trust his judgement on this.

9 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Rumor is he was NOT released for substance abuse.  He actually left TC and went to a substance abuse treatment facility to get himself clean.  He apparently pulled a hammy away from football.  It is also said the Gordon was forthright with them on it.  The Browns just wanted to part ways because of how many issues they've had with him since the got him.

IMO, the talent is obviously there.  I'd  ask the Browns to bring him in and talk to him.  Let Ballard make a decision. I'll trust his judgement on this.

I would bring him in. I think our organization has the right people in the FO and locker room to support him.

You the man

20 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

2 hours ago, Matabix said:

Sign him up. No harm no foul. Especially since we don't have to give up anything. Maybe the good of TY can be passed onto him.

2 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Those saying hard pass are crazy! He is elite when on the field and if something happens it’s an easy cut that doesn’t effect the team. Sign me up! But he’ll probably go to New England and break Randy Moss record

Gordon missed the beginning (and large portion?) of training camp-

"Gordon will be seeking 'additional counseling to deal with his mental health and anxiety' issues that have led to problems in the past. 

Dealing with anxiety will be a big issue for Gordon this year and that's because it's generally been a trigger for his addiction. According to ESPN, Gordon would usually turn to alcohol or marijuana whenever he became anxious, which is how he ended up missing 54 games over a period of four seasons (2014-17). During that span, Gordon was suspended multiple times due to failed drug tests. "

Even counselors aren't able to help him.

2 hours ago, tvturner said:

Browns are rumored to trade him now, not release him

They are releasing him Monday.

“This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday. For the past six years, the Browns have fully supported and invested in Josh, both personally and professionally and wanted the best for him, but unfortunately we’ve reached a point where we feel it’s best to part ways and move forward. We wish Josh well.”

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

I say give it a chance.  He either gets his * together and plays like everyone knows he can, and helps this team, or he is out.  I really think the guys we have in the locker room can turn this guy around and make this a huge win for us

For 6 years counselors, friends, coaches, and teammates have tried.  Nothing has worked. Name the guy(s) in the Colts locker room that will have success where all the others have failed?

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

Come on guys. Gordon is a hot mess. Why do you think he's a free agent? The Browns have parted ways with a player who is unreliable; currently has perhaps the worst history of substance abuse for any active player in the NFL; and who may possibly have fallen off the wagon yet again.  You want to invite that into the locker  room? I think not. 

good ol Indiana fan thinking. hes a hot mess because hes in Cleveland with trash at QB. bring him to a real organization and I bet he shines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

When have the Colts ever under Jim Irsay catered to disfunctional players like Gordon? You know the answer so please stop asking! NO

uh oh the fan says No stop asking... good thing your opinion is just as irrelevant as the rest of ours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

He's a vested vet, he will not go on the waiver wire. If released he'll be a free agent and free to choose between whichever teams want him. 

You are correct.

Earlier reports indicated he would be subject to waivers due to all of his suspensions impacting his accrued time. It impacted his free agent status this off season.

4 hours ago, Hoose said:

Come on guys. Gordon is a hot mess. Why do you think he's a free agent? The Browns have parted ways with a player who is unreliable; currently has perhaps the worst history of substance abuse for any active player in the NFL; and who may possibly have fallen off the wagon yet again.  You want to invite that into the locker  room? I think not. 

Signing Gordon would be like dumping a tub of radioactive waste in the locker room. I don't see any path for him back onto anyone's roster. That cat has used up his ninth life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

then he gets cuz and we move on. your logic is ignorant 

My logic is ignorant? Ignoring the fact that this is a YOUNG and impressionable team and adding a person of his ilk to that locker room is asking for trouble not too mention the next incident factor.....

That is pure ignorance on your part!

• Like 3

I had Gordon on my fantasy team in 2013 when he blew up so I'm a fan. I'm sure Ballard will take a look at Gordon. He's the guy who gave Tyreek Hill a shot in KC.  I just don't see it happening. Ballard has said numerous times how important the locker room is and how careful he will be bringing in FA's.  If ever a guy's baggage out weighs his one good season this is the dude. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

They are releasing him Monday.

“This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday. For the past six years, the Browns have fully supported and invested in Josh, both personally and professionally and wanted the best for him, but unfortunately we’ve reached a point where we feel it’s best to part ways and move forward. We wish Josh well.”

They're searching for trade partners, and if they don't find one they're releasing him..

As long as we are protected. Small contract loaded with incentives. Weekly drug tests, if he pops he’s gone. I wouldn’t give up a pick for him but I don’t see the harm on a FA signing. A different culture and a small market city with strong leadership could do wonders for him.

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agree with this 100%. My best friend 10 years ago started drinking and doing weed, I have literally spent time with him 3 times since then. They are addicts because they are addicted to whatever is ruining their life. It can be alcohol, drugs, something even like gambling. His influence on the rest of the locker room could be catastrophic, a hard no. He is absolutely toxic and had has plenty of time to clean up his act. It isn't going to happen potentially until he is out of football, no longer making money, goes broke, and truly hits rock bottom.

I tried to get my former best friend to stop by saying I'd visit him every day, we'd do a youtube video game channel together so he could make money and I could make extra money, and we could start entering tournaments again as a motive to get better. Didn't get better at all for him. Once you are hooked, you care about nothing but the addiction and the drug.

LOL, a weed addict... Lol.. Lol... Lol... Lol.. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Josh Gordon is the guy with all the talent in the world and a greater love for his substance of preference.

Unfortunately it’s not this simple. Addiction is a disease that takes a major toll on every part of your life. It’s not that he loves his drug of choice more than this or that, I guarantee you that If you had a magic pill that would cure him 100% of his addiction, he would take it. 

He’s been in CLE his entire career and battling his addiction. A change of scenery is always in any treatment plan for addicts. Josh moving to a new team with a fresh start could be just what he needed. Everywhere he goes in that building and stadium probably reminds him of his lowest time. 

Give tbe the man a fresh start. Nothing to lose if you’re the colts. 

12 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

We would have nothing to lose to sign him for a 1 year prove it deal. Might just need a change of scenery from the browns haha who wouldn’t??? I mean cmon the guy has best WR in the league talent! Wouldn’t hurt us a bit imo 

He has 43 catches and 650 recieving yards since 2014.  At one point (5 years ago) your statement about his talent may have been true but now it just seems like nonsense. 

8 hours ago, ricker182 said:

The Colts would be dumb not to sign him.  

He still an elite WR.  

He's worth the gamble.  

Anxious to hear this 

Please tell me which of 43 catches and 650 yards since 2014 tells you he Ian still elite? 

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

good ol Indiana fan thinking. hes a hot mess because hes in Cleveland with trash at QB. bring him to a real organization and I bet he shines.

Assume you are in a haze and you came by your screen name honestly. 

Perhaps that haze has lasted for 5 years, you know the last time Gordon was worth anything on the field. And I think the “hot mess” term you take issue with applies more to his off field stuff than the org or qb he was playing with.