Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts should sign Josh Gordon immediately

3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

If Gordon can stay out of trouble, Brady just got a great weapon. Too bad we didn’t give it a shot. 

Patriots have a strict locker room protocol, and a strong 'Patriot Way' core group (coaches and players) to administer it. Colts do not... at this time.

My fear is he's already had non football  professionals helping...  and it hasn't worked yet.  :(

On 9/16/2018 at 6:22 AM, oldunclemark said:

We let go Simon, Hankins and Gore,. all of who would be starting for us this week.

We wont be signing Gordon.  Its just not the way we are going front office wise.

Hey...    you know I love you OUM,  but I don’t think any of those three would be starting for the Colts...

Honestly,  I don’t...

• 3 months later...
On 9/15/2018 at 7:46 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Gordon missed the beginning (and large portion?) of training camp-

"Gordon will be seeking 'additional counseling to deal with his mental health and anxiety' issues that have led to problems in the past. 

Dealing with anxiety will be a big issue for Gordon this year and that's because it's generally been a trigger for his addiction. According to ESPN, Gordon would usually turn to alcohol or marijuana whenever he became anxious, which is how he ended up missing 54 games over a period of four seasons (2014-17). During that span, Gordon was suspended multiple times due to failed drug tests. "

Even counselors aren't able to help him.

They are releasing him Monday.

“This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday. For the past six years, the Browns have fully supported and invested in Josh, both personally and professionally and wanted the best for him, but unfortunately we’ve reached a point where we feel it’s best to part ways and move forward. We wish Josh well.”

For 6 years counselors, friends, coaches, and teammates have tried.  Nothing has worked. Name the guy(s) in the Colts locker room that will have success where all the others have failed?

Best post in this thread. I think it shows pretty clearly that second chances can be a good idea, but to ignore the blatantly obvious can be not only cost a team, but give the struggling player the idea that there will always be another opportunity. 

I am sad for anyone who stays on a path, and ignores their self destructive issues. The NFL grind can lead players down many negative paths. It is a very real effect on many to play to this level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

After re reading a lot of these comments it shows how easy it is just to say lets sign him without looking at the bigger picture.

People even pointing a finger at Ballard calling him stupid and other insults were made by those who didn't look and see the bigger picture.

All the talent in the world does not make up for someone who has no self control. They are mentally weak and refuse to use the help offered to them.

• Like 1

I really think that despite the obvious talent Gordon has, his ship has sailed.  He has too many off-field issues to deal with, and quite frankly his record shows that he is not winning the battle.  I wish him well as a person, but to think he has a future in the NFL is fanciful.