Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts should sign Josh Gordon immediately

6 minutes ago, Savage21 said:

The Colts would be the kind of locker room Josh Gordon would need to be in. The Browns organization is cancerous, but guys like Frank Reich, TY Hilton, Chris Ballard, and of course Chris Ballard, would be so beneficial for a guy like Gordon.

Typical fan boy reasoning. It’s complete nonsense. 

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

good ol Indiana fan thinking. hes a hot mess because hes in Cleveland with trash at QB. bring him to a real organization and I bet he shines.

No.  He's not a hot mess.  He's dealing with addiction - and doesn't appear to be successful at it.  Hope the young man can tame his demons. 

13 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Those saying hard pass are crazy! He is elite when on the field and if something happens it’s an easy cut that doesn’t effect the team. Sign me up! But he’ll probably go to New England and break Randy Moss record

Pats probably want nothing to do with him cause he is problems and they don't like players that come with too much baggage.

59 minutes ago, Savage21 said:

The Colts would be the kind of locker room Josh Gordon would need to be in. The Browns organization is cancerous, but guys like Frank Reich, TY Hilton, Chris Ballard, and of course Chris Ballard, would be so beneficial for a guy like Gordon.

I seriously doubt that Chris Ballard has even the tiniest shred of interest in running a mental health treatment center, which is exactly the kind of "room" Gordon needs to be in.  I do hope the guy gets some help and turns his life around. 

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Please tell me which of 43 catches and 650 yards since 2014 tells you he Ian still elite? 

his TD last week

maybe elite is a strong word, but that play showed he still a darn good WR.   he was open for another td later too, but the QB missed him.  

13 hours ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

:lol: being a "cannabis addict". 

Do you honestly think being addicted to weed is a joke?  It may not be physically addictive but it is mentally addictive.  Laugh all you want but I know a few people who are addicted to weed and the problems it has caused within the family are real. The problems it also has caused financially is also as real as it gets.

He was with Cleveland for six years and only played 11 games.  That's 5 short of a full season.  I wouldn't trade anything for him because he is too unreliable.  The biggest ability is availability and this guy hasn't played a season's worth of football in six years!  That plus his drug history and rumors he was released due to the Browns' suspicions of a relapse has me saying no to this.  I'd be shocked if Ballard did anything here.

29 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He was part of the Colts family when AS was drafted and he also had to deal with his antics and finding a replacement as the GM

And?  You make it seem that Jim was responsible for drafting Art and he was not.  Looking for negative when there is none is never a good thing.

15 hours ago, Hoose said:

Come on guys. Gordon is a hot mess. Why do you think he's a free agent? The Browns have parted ways with a player who is unreliable; currently has perhaps the worst history of substance abuse for any active player in the NFL; and who may possibly have fallen off the wagon yet again.  You want to invite that into the locker  room? I think not. 

Ballard has talked repeatedly about building a culture in the locker room and bringing in the "right kind of guys".  I don't think Josh Gordon fits that description.  If Ballard acquires this guy he will look like a hypocrite.  I can't see it happening. 

The Pats or Cowboys may take a flier though.  Makes more sense for them.  Heck might be a good move for Jacksonville as well. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

And?  You make it seem that Jim was responsible for drafting Art and he was not.  Looking for negative when there is none is never a good thing.

I am saying that the AS debacle that JI saw first hand is one reason the Colts draft and sign quality guys

I guess you don’t know me because I am never negative on here on in real life

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

For some reason Jim gets blamed for everything his dad did. Alot of people blame him for the move from Baltimore and Jim had nothing to do with that either. It was his dad's doing. Poor Jimmy.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For some reason Jim gets blamed for everything his dad did. Alot of people blame him for the move from Baltimore and Jim had nothing to do with that either. It was his dad's doing. Poor Jimmy.

I didn’t 

Robert wasn’t fully responsible for the move 

There were a lot of unclean hands in Baltimore    

It all started with the Joe Thomas purge of Fan Favorites like Johnny Unitas

9 hours ago, tvturner said:

They're searching for trade partners, and if they don't find one they're releasing him..

Gordon prefers the 49'ers or the Cowboys.  I don't see anyone trading for the guy, or even losing a good compensatory pick taking a flier on a habitually suspended player.

3 hours ago, Savage21 said:

He would have to get buy Brian Decker first; Ballard has said as much before.  (Building a 'Colts Culture')

Decker's evaluation system is, in simple terms, meant to reveal which players really want it and which players don’t (physically, mentally, emotionally).

Decker’s ideal football player would have at least average cognitive ability, high self-awareness and a demonstrated ability to handle high-pressure situations and adversity. Gordon suffers anxiety and alcohol and MJ as 'cures'; even using just before games.

Decker has an extensive system to 'grade' (not talent wise) potential draft and FA's. I doubt Gordon ever gets far into the process before being ruled out.

https://specialoperations.com/30849/indianapolis-colts-hire-ex-sf-officer-brian-decker-player-personnel-strategist/

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I didn’t 

Robert wasn’t fully responsible for the move 

There were a lot of unclean hands in Baltimore    

It all started with the Joe Thomas purge of Fan Favorites like Johnny Unitas

I wasn't saying you did so no biggy but alot of people do blame Jim for everything. 

2 hours ago, B~Town said:

I just read once the news of his release broke several teams called to inquire about trade possibilities and the saga continues 

That news strikes me as team leaked info in order to generate interest. 

I could be totally proven wrong but after all the nonsense Gordon has pulled in his career, I would be completely shocked that a team would give up anything for him.  

7 hours ago, jskinnz said:

He has 43 catches and 650 recieving yards since 2014.  At one point (5 years ago) your statement about his talent may have been true but now it just seems like nonsense. 

Well he was suspended? So the stats your putting up are kinda asinine. What I said is a pure fact his talent should not even be a question tbh.

54 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Well he was suspended? So the stats your putting up are kinda asinine. What I said is a pure fact his talent should not even be a question tbh.

I am not sure you fully grasp the concept of pure fact.

So you are saying his talent now is better or at least on par with Julio Jones or AB?  This after not playing for basically 4 years - he maintained that talent?  

And this is just talking about his ability and nothing at all about his clearly questionable character.  LOL - And when I say that I mean I find your views here to be comical.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I am not sure you fully grasp the concept of pure fact.

So you are saying his talent now is better or at least on par with Julio Jones or AB?  This after not playing for basically 4 years - he maintained that talent?  

And this is just talking about his ability and nothing at all about his clearly questionable character.  LOL - And when I say that I mean I find your views here to be comical.

Yes he has that kind of talent. Would he better than AB or Julio? No clue I doubt it but he has the talent to imo. Character shouldn’t even be mentioned seeing that I only mention his talent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

Yes he has that kind of talent. Would he better than AB or Julio? No clue I doubt it but he has the talent to imo. Character shouldn’t even be mentioned seeing that I only mention his talent. 

The topic is Josh Gordon.  How in the holy hell can his character not be part of the conversation?

• Like 1

Ehh lots of baggage and you probably can't count on him not smoking his way out of the NFL.

But if you give him a league min contract with no guaranteed money I don't see there being much harm.  

Biggest harm is that the guy you end up cutting to put Gordon on the team gets picked up by another team.  

That said if the Browns let him go because they thought he was smoking again then it's probably not worth it.  

13 hours ago, jskinnz said:

The topic is Josh Gordon.  How in the holy hell can his character not be part of the conversation?

I mean I agree how can the character not be mentioned here? @MarquisJ I get that you see the talent but yet character is a huge deal and has been mentioned multiple times by Ballard. So why avoid the obvious here?

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

I mean I agree how can the character not be mentioned here? @MarquisJ I get that you see the talent but yet character is a huge deal and has been mentioned multiple times by Ballard. So why avoid the obvious here?

Well because I agree his character is a issue I was just simply stating that his talent shouldn’t be a question. That’s why it shouldn’t be mentioned because the original statement and dispute had nothing to do with that..

1 hour ago, MarquisJ said:

Well because I agree his character is a issue I was just simply stating that his talent shouldn’t be a question. That’s why it shouldn’t be mentioned because the original statement and dispute had nothing to do with that..

I gotcha. I hope he still has some talent because I quietly root for him. He could have been one the top WR's every year if he could conquer the deamons.

• Like 3