Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts should sign Josh Gordon immediately

14 minutes ago, ericdcoltsfan said:

If nothing more than to help my fantasy team.

But seriously, the guy is elite if he can just overcome his personal issues.

The last time he was elite was what, 2013?

Lots of time since then with lots of baggage as well.  I think his days in the league are over.  Here's to hoping he can get his life in order.

• Like 2

Come on guys. Gordon is a hot mess. Why do you think he's a free agent? The Browns have parted ways with a player who is unreliable; currently has perhaps the worst history of substance abuse for any active player in the NFL; and who may possibly have fallen off the wagon yet again.  You want to invite that into the locker  room? I think not. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Come on guys. Gordon is a hot mess. Why do you think he's a free agent? The Browns have parted ways with a player who is unreliable; currently has perhaps the worst history of substance abuse for any active player in the NFL; and who may possibly have fallen off the wagon yet again.  You want to invite that into the locker  room? I think not. 

I don’t 

• Like 1

If Josh Gordon could turn his life around, he would have done it by now. Cleveland has given him every opportunity to do so.

We want a #1 receiver. Josh Gordon isn’t that guy.

Josh Gordon is the guy with all the talent in the world and a greater love for his substance of preference.

• Like 3

Yes that is a good plan!!!!!!  I like Josh Gordon and he seems like a nice guy with a lot of demons.  He has shown, if in fact he is using, that he can't stop 'using.  He is a severe addict and u want to being that guy into your locker room full of young guys. The Colts r trying to bring in a new culture that makes everyone accountable.  How could u sell his signing  to the Colts players? I am a social worker and I have had extensive involvement with addicts. Trust me...........stay away from him. I feel for him .....I really do , but this is not the type of person u want in the building.  They r toxic  and  a  severe addict will take down who ever they can just to get a fix. They r victims and r just looking for someone to enable them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes that is a good plan!!!!!!  I like Josh Gordon and he seems like a nice guy with a lot of demons.  He has shown, if in fact he is using, that he can't stop 'using.  He is a severe addict and u want to being that guy into your locker room full of young guys. The Colts r trying to bring in a new culture that makes everyone accountable.  How could u sell his signing  to the Colts players? I am a social worker and I have had extensive involvement with addicts. Trust me...........stay away from him. I feel for him .....I really do , but this is not the type of person u want in the building.  They r toxic  and  a  severe addict will take down who ever they can just to get a fix. They r victims and r just looking for someone to enable them. 

Agree with this 100%. My best friend 10 years ago started drinking and doing weed, I have literally spent time with him 3 times since then. They are addicts because they are addicted to whatever is ruining their life. It can be alcohol, drugs, something even like gambling. His influence on the rest of the locker room could be catastrophic, a hard no. He is absolutely toxic and had has plenty of time to clean up his act. It isn't going to happen potentially until he is out of football, no longer making money, goes broke, and truly hits rock bottom.

I tried to get my former best friend to stop by saying I'd visit him every day, we'd do a youtube video game channel together so he could make money and I could make extra money, and we could start entering tournaments again as a motive to get better. Didn't get better at all for him. Once you are hooked, you care about nothing but the addiction and the drug.

I don’t think Ballard will pick him up via trade or if he falls to us with the 3rd waiver claim. 

Also I wouldn’t bet on Gordon all of sudden getting his act together. 

With that being said, I would absolutely submit a waiver claim for him. This is an extremely low risk, but potentially a high reward move. 

- His salary is dirt cheap for the reminder of this year.  

- If he doesn’t turn it around, you cut him. 

- If he does turn it around (not likely) you have a stud talent. 

No harm in taking a chance on this type of talent. If he fails again, it didn’t cost you anything. 

This is an extremely low risk, but potentially a high reward move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil J said:

If Ballard doesn’t make a claim I am done with him.  

Bye-bye!

There’s the door.   Feel free to use it.

Clearly you either haven’t been following what Ballard had been saying and doing or you just don’t care.  You think you know better.

That’s a bad look...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

I don’t think Ballard will pick him up via trade or if he falls to us with the 3rd waiver claim. 

Also I wouldn’t bet on Gordon all of sudden getting his act together. 

With that being said, I would absolutely submit a waiver claim for him. This is an extremely low risk, but potentially a high reward move. 

- His salary is dirt cheap for the reminder of this year.  

- If he doesn’t turn it around, you cut him. 

- If he does turn it around (not likely) you have a stud talent. 

No harm in taking a chance on this type of talent. If he fails again, it didn’t cost you anything. 

This is an extremely low risk, but potentially a high reward move. 

He's a vested vet, he will not go on the waiver wire. If released he'll be a free agent and free to choose between whichever teams want him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CantBeStopped said:

Those saying hard pass are crazy! He is elite when on the field and if something happens it’s an easy cut that doesn’t effect the team. Sign me up! But he’ll probably go to New England and break Randy Moss record

When is he on the field though?