coltsfeva

NE or Jacksonville??? Who are you rooting for?

Part of me hopes NE beats Jacksonville but at least one of them will lose.

As a Colts fan, maybe the best outcome would be a tie?

New England will win in all likelihood. They'll outsmart Jacksonville somehow.

• Like 1

Lol.. am I weird? Jacksonville, Blake Bortles, Jalen Ramsey, and dem boys are my 2nd favorite team this week.

Don't think we're quite ready to win the division this year. So even if the Jags lose we won't gain anything lol

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol.. am I weird? Jacksonville, Blake Bortles, Jalen Ramsey, and dem boys are my 2nd favorite team this week.

Don't think we're quite ready to win the division this year. So even if the Jags lose we won't gain anything lol

• Haha 5

That's easy;  Jacksonville.  NE is our No. 1 enemy.  But also remember this is year two.  We are only trying to develop players for next year.  That's the year we're going to go for it.  Not this year.  I think most on this board have accepted that.  This season is really our preseason for next year.  That's the plan.   So it doesn't really matter who wins.  

• Thanks 1

Tom Brady said it best.. maybe people would've hate the him so much if football was international and our players played outside the country.. It happened in Basketball for some players. I hated Lebron forever, untill I was rooting for him on Team USA..

But that'll never be the case for the NFL.. and I'll NEVER root for Tom, Gronk, or the hoodie. :lol:

• Like 1

If the Pats won that would help us out more. If we win and the Jags lose we are tied for 1st in our Division. I can't stand the Pats like everyone else in here but I also look at every angle and circumstances. Just like in my 35 year fandom I never have rooted for the Colts to lose but because of circumstance in 2011 once we got to 0-8 I did. I knew if we had the #1 pick we would get Luck is why. Just smart thinking. 99% of the time I don't even believe in tanking (to me the Draft is a crapshoot) but if there is an Andrew Luck there then I am ok with it if we get to 0-8.

• Like 1

Rooting for NE+Colts win to be 1st in the AFCS, easy answer. We can deal with NE in week 5 and later in the playoffs (hopefully:goodluck:)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Rooting for NE+Colts win to be 1st in the AFCS, easy answer. We can deal with NE in week 5 and later in the playoffs (hopefully:goodluck:)

lol same, obviously for the colts to win.. but we play at 1:00 Jags play at 4:25. You gonna change your mind when we start 0-2 for the 1038794636th straight season LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Me too and I hate the Pats haha 

• Like 1

Rooting for Gronk specifically because I have him on my big fantasy team. Otherwise, a Jax loss would be better this early in the season. Pats are making the playoffs anyway, a Jax loss could be the difference in them tying or losing to someone in the division this year (us please).

• Like 2

If the Pats beat Jacks and the Titans beat the Texans would anyone be complaining if the standings read:

Colts 1-1

Jacks 1-1

Titans 1-1

Texans 0-2

-That is if we win as well. Take out who is playing who, just look at those standings through week 2. I would be real happy with that.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Pats beat Jacks and the Titans beat the Texans would anyone be complaining if the standings read:

Colts 1-1

Jacks 1-1

Titans 1-1

Texans 0-2

-That is if we win as well. Take out who is playing who, just look at those standings through week 2. I would be real happy with that.

Yeah all these people like a loss to jax is going to keep NE out of the playoffs. NE will make the playoffs anyway, we might as well be first heading into philly...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Part of me hopes NE beats Jacksonville but at least one of them will lose.

As a Colts fan, maybe the best outcome would be a tie?

We had this same conundrum last week when NE played Houston. As much as I hate to see the Pats get off to a 2-0 start, Jacksonville losing is definitely in our best interest.

• Like 2

I don't love that Jacksonville is as legit as they are, but I've got a much longer standing dislike of New England. That thing can go away anytime now. I promise I won't miss it, or long for it or go "gee remember when?". Go away.

Go Kitties

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I don't love that Jacksonville is as legit as they are, but I've got a much longer standing dislike of New England. That thing can go away anytime now. I promise I won't miss it, or long for it or go "gee remember when?". Go away.

Go Kitties

If it were a playoff matchup, & we were already eliminated, I'd definitely be rooting for Jacksonville. But wanting one of our division opponents to be off to a 2-0 start in the regular season seems strange to me.

• Like 4

I'm a perfect world the jags would shatter Brady's femur. Hospitalize B.B. with a out of bounds hit and then lose the game. 

Thats just me though heh

Just now, NewEra said:

In a perfect world the jags would shatter Brady's femur. Hospitalize B.B. with a out of bounds hit and then lose the game. 

Thats just me though heh

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If it were a playoff matchup, & we were already eliminated, I'd definitely be rooting for Jacksonville. But wanting one of our division opponents to be off to a 2-0 start in the regular season seems strange to me.

We're going to have to go through both, so we'll have our shot to "fix" whatever happens in relation to standings. You're logic is better though. I'm telling you how I'm going to feel, irrespective. 

No brainer … New England.  Gotta take care of the division before worrying about out of division rivalries.

• Like 2

the jacksonville cheerleaders

• Haha 1

The only way I’d root for N.E. Is if they were playing the Yankees. Needless to say, that isn’t happening.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Go Kitties

8 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I can't bring myself to root for NE to do anything but lose.

I'd be a glitter kitties fan before pats any day. 

5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The only way I’d root for N.E. Is if they were playing the Yankees. Needless to say, that isn’t happening.

That franchise cannot lose enough. Go Jville. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We're going to have to go through both, so we'll have our shot to "fix" whatever happens in relation to standings. You're logic is better though. I'm telling you how I'm going to feel, irrespective. 

My stance is that we're gonna need all the help we can get to win this division, & if that help comes from New England, far be it from me to not accept it. The way I look at it, they're pretty much a shoe in for the #1 seed & homefield throughout the playoffs no matter what, so rooting against them when they play our division rivals is kind of a lost cause.

Just hoping for a Colts win and let the chips fall where they may, but if I have to choose, I'll take a NE loss anytime and we can beat the Jags twice.

• Like 1