Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions fans already want Patrica fired

Pacergeek

Yes because Patricia is responsible for the hot mess that is known as Detroit or for Stanford forgetting to throw it to HIS team! (And you can’t blame it on a new OC as Patricia kept the old one)

that said it it does appear he brought his run defense from NE though..

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It's been one game.  For what it's worth, every team that hired a new head coach this year - including the Colts - lost in week 1.  Let's not be so quick judge these guys yet.

Reich at least looks the part of a head coach. Somewhat serious that commands respect. On the other hand, Patricia looks like a fat slob. If he told me to do something, I would not do it

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I heard the players were not happy with his off the field “antics”

3 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Reich at least looks the part of a head coach. Somewhat serious that commands respect. On the other hand, Patricia looks like a fat slob. If he told me to do something, I would not do it

Winning cures everything.  If the Lions win 4 or 5 in a row, everyone will say he's an amazing head coach and the Lions made a great choice in hiring him and all the players will be complimenting him.  One game is too small of a sample size to draw significant conclusions

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Well, appearance aside (not that I disagree with you), but his resume doesn't command respect.

22 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Yes because Patricia is responsible for the hot mess that is known as Detroit or for Stanford forgetting to throw it to HIS team! (And you can’t blame it on a new OC as Patricia kept the old one)

that said it it does appear he brought his run defense from NE though..

That hot mess wasn't so bad the past few years with an ex-colts coach. They didn't bring Patricia in to be 9-7 like under Caldwell...they want to win the division....and that was a train wreck against a rookie qb.....I guarantee Bill shows Matt how its done when the Jets roll into NE.....Donald will get exposed. There is one mastermind in NE....I don't know how long he will stay there but until he goes they will always be a dangerous team.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That hot mess wasn't so bad the past few years with an ex-colts coach. They didn't bring Patricia in to be 9-7 like under Caldwell...they want to win the division....and that was a train wreck against a rookie qb.....I guarantee Bill shows Matt how its done when the Jets roll into NE.....Donald will get exposed. There is one mastermind in NE....I don't know how long he will stay there but until he goes they will always be a dangerous team.

Yes, I thought the Lions played with more fire under Caldwell. It is too early to tell but Stafford needs a catch radius guy like Calvin Johnson for his throws to work in crunch time, he is a streaky thrower that can be uncontrolled at times. He might have found that guy in Kenny Holladay. 

However, the Jets' D, it did look better than it did last year, IMO. I think the Lions underestimated the Jets coming in and instead of playing a quality gut-it-out close game, they panicked. No reason for Stafford to continue turning it over like that and putting his D in a difficult spot like that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, I thought the Lions played with more fire under Caldwell. It is too early to tell but Stafford needs a catch radius guy like Calvin Johnson for his throws to work in crunch time, he is a streaky thrower that can be uncontrolled at times. He might have found that guy in Kenny Holladay. 

However, the Jets' D, it did look better than it did last year, IMO. I think the Lions underestimated the Jets coming in and instead of playing a quality gut-it-out close game, they panicked. No reason for Stafford to continue turning it over like that and putting his D in a difficult spot like that. 

You start the game spotted 7 pts with a pick 6....and you still get blown out?! It's pretty alarming. It's just one game...but considering how poorly the Pats defense was last year at times...even to rookie qbs like Watson...one has to wonder if Bill decided to take over for his little mini-me or if Patricia is all he was cracked up to be. Again....only one genius in NE....and he is still there..and his defense didn't look half bad this weekend without its ex-DC. The Lions aren't a team devoid of talent...it isn't like he went to Cleveland or Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You start the game spotted 7 pts with a pick 6....and you still get blown out?! It's pretty alarming. It's just one game...but considering how poorly the Pats defense was last year at times...even to rookie qbs like Watson...one has to wonder if Bill decided to take over for his little mini-me or if Patricia is all he was cracked up to be. Again....only one genius in NE....and he is still there..and his defense didn't look half bad this weekend without its ex-DC.

Yeah, how many playoff games has Tom Brady lost without punting before the SB? None, till it happened in the SB. 

Remember, how they got steam rolled by Andy Reid's RPO offense with Kareem Hunt, the rookie, gashing them?? Remember how it took them a whole month to stop giving up points in bunches?? Bill takes charge when he needs to. Their ugly D reared its head again in the SB against another masterful play caller like Andy Reid, this time Doug Pederson. If Bortles was at least half the QB Brady was, the Jags would have put up 27-30 points and won the AFCCG. I really do not see Bortles carrying the Jags far to the AFCCG again, period, let alone to the SB. The NE defense was flawed, and they played offensively inferior teams from the AFC South - the Titans and the Jaguars, none that could challenge Brady and the Pats for 60 minutes. 

They should just do away with conferences once it gets to the conference championship games, I feel, because the NFC is far more deep with teams that can challenge the Patriots than the AFC. I hope both the Chargers and Ravens are in the playoffs this year, just for the sake of challenging the Patriots.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, how many playoff games has Tom Brady lost without punting before the SB? None, till it happened in the SB. 

Remember, how they got steam rolled by Andy Reid's RPO offense with Kareem Hunt, the rookie, gashing them?? Remember how it took them a whole month to stop giving up points in bunches?? Bill takes charge when he needs to. Their ugly D reared its head again in the SB against another masterful play caller like Andy Reid, this time Doug Pederson. If Bortles was at least half the QB Brady was, the Jags would have put up 27-30 points and won the AFCCG. I really do not see Bortles carrying the Jags far to the AFCCG again, period, let alone to the SB. The NE defense was flawed, and they played offensively inferior teams from the AFC South - the Titans and the Jaguars, none that could challenge Brady and the Pats for 60 minutes. 

They should just do away with conferences once it gets to the conference championship games, I feel, because the NFC is far more deep with teams that can challenge the Patriots than the AFC. I hope both the Chargers and Ravens are in the playoffs this year, just for the sake of challenging the Patriots.

The conferences ebbs and flows....I mean the AFC probably was the strongest for awhile there with the Colts, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, and Broncos for a number of years....before that we saw 49ers, Packers, Cowboys dominate....just the way it is so I'm not worried....I of course want to see the Colts compete for a SB but honestly I just want a new story line then the Tom Brady/Bill Belicheck farewell tour....I've heard all the stories...hope for some new inspiring stories and games for my SB party entertainment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

To be fair, the patriots got worse under Belichick before they got better.  They magically turned things around when some wolverine started playing QB.

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

To be fair, the patriots got worse under Belichick before they got better.  They magically turned things around when some wolverine started playing QB.

Belichecks track record with the Giants and Pats speak for themselves...maybe Patricia will succeed...but I have a feeling much of his success can be attributed to what Bill has built there....Bill on the other hand was considered a savant from the start in NY.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:22 PM, Valpo2004 said:

A guy who is suppose to be a defensive genius got blown out by a rookie QB starting his first game.  

Yeah I don't blame them.  

And that was despite the fact said rookie QB threw a pick-6 on his very first pass, and it was a Lions home game.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 4:51 PM, Pacergeek said:

I heard Patricia was cussing up a storm, and did you see the look on his face during the mic'ed up NFL video at the end? Looked like he was biting down on his lip something fierce. You won't hear a lot of the cussing in the mic'ed up video, because the NFL apparently edited it out, which is probably why his video is so short, lol.

I don't really like coaches that act like that. Frank Reich is more my guy.

9 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I heard Patricia was cussing up a storm, and did you see the look on his face during the mic'ed up NFL video at the end? Looked like he was biting down on his lip something fierce. You won't hear a lot of the cussing in the mic'ed up video, because the NFL apparently edited it out, which is probably why his video is so short, lol.

I don't really like coaches that act like that. Frank Reich is more my guy.

Not that I think Reich would act like that because the guy was a pastor before going into coaching.  (So his personality is likely along the Dungy mold)

But that having been said while the Colts lost last week, the Colts didn't completely embarrass themselves last week.  So it's not a fair comparison. 

No one watched that game and thought "Man I'd sure like to bring back Chuck Pagano."

Lions fans watched the game against the Jets and they want Jim Caldwell back.  As they should it's been a long time since someone left Detroit with a winning record.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:32 PM, 21isSuperman said:

It's been one game.  For what it's worth, every team that hired a new head coach this year - including the Colts - lost in week 1.  Let's not be so quick judge these guys yet.

umm the vikings won and they had a new coach for the o line if that counts lol

Edited by Shadow_Creek
i miss read the statement above

12 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

umm the vikings won and they had a new coach for the o line if that counts lol

Because their previous OL coach died??? Tony Sparano, ring a bell?? Is that what you are talking about or did they change OL coach between game 1 and game 2?