Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Starters Week 1 PFF Grades - Broken Down


Recommended Posts

Grades from Week 1 vs Cincinatti.

 

Top Performers Bolded

 

Offense:

 

Andrew Luck -                 82.1 overall grade - #6 QB

 

Jordan Wilkins -               56.4 overall grade - #35 RB

Nyheim Hines -                60.5 overall grade - #24 RB

 

TY Hilton -                         53.9 overall grade - #79 WR

Chester Rodgers -             59.5 overall grade - #56 WR

Ryan Grant -                      61.4 overall grade - #51 WR

 

Jack Doyle -                       60.7 overall grade - #26 TE

                                            54.0 receiving         - #23 TE

                                            84.4 blocking          - #1 TE

Eric Ebron -                      69.1 overall grade - #14 TE

                                            75.6 receiving        - #9 TE

                                            47.9 blocking         - #61 TE

 

Joe Haeg -                          64.6 overall grade - #28 T

                                            64.5 pass block      - #44 T

                                            60.3 run block       - #30 T

Quenton Nelson -            62.9 overall grade - #27 G

                                            70.3 pass block       - #36 G

                                            56.8 run block        - #32 G

Ryan Kelly -                     70.9 overall grade - #6 C

                                            73.4 pass block       - #19 C

                                            69.1 run block        - #6 C

Matt Slauson -                  60.3 overall grade - #37 G

                                            74.9 pass block      - #29 G

                                            49.7 run block       - #53 G

J'Marcus Webb -              64.5 overall grade - #29 T

                                            73.6 pass block      - #27 T

                                            50.6 run block       - #48 T

 

Defense:

 

Jabaal Sheard -               79.4  overall grade - #9 ED

                                            76.9 pass rush         - #7 ED

                                            66.5 run defense    - #29 ED

Al Woods -                        61.4 overall grade - #63 DI

                                            62.8 pass rush        - #34 DI

                                            70.7 run defense    - #36 DI

Denico Autry -                  82.0 overall grade - #15 DI

                                            59.3 pass rush        - #49 DI

                                            82.0 run defense   - #3 DI

Margus Hunt -                 79.0 overall grade - #10 ED

                                            72.0 pass rush        - #16 ED

                                            71.1 run defense    - #16 ED

 

Darius Leonard -             69.2 overall grade - #28 LB

                                            57.7 run defense    - #48 LB

                                            72.5 coverage         - #17 LB

Anthony Walker -           76.6 overall grade - #13 LB

                                            78.4 run defense    - Not Ranked

                                            57.8 coverage          - Not Ranked

 

Quincy Wilson -               29.1 overall grade - #99 CB

                                            28.3 coverage         - #97 CB

Kenny Moore III -            71.8 overall grade - #29 CB

                                            72.6 coverage         - #33 CB

Nate Hairston -                59.0 overall grade - #63 CB

                                            57.6 overall grade - #68 CB

 

Malik Hooker -                 66.9 overall grade - #37 S

                                            65.2 coverage         - #38 S

Clayton Geathers -          63.5 overall grade - #43 S

                                            64.5 coverage         - #41 S

Matthias Farley -            82.2 overall grade - #6 S

                                            77.4 overall grade - #8 S

 

Presented without comment. I know some people don't like PFF. Some people do. This is for the latter group.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Look at Quincy Wilson!   He played 71% of the snaps and he has numbers like that!  Panic or patience?  Panic!   No wonder they activated Pipkens.   Ballard has to start wondering if he really  missed on this pick.  

Do you not realize Wilson is playing with a cast/club on his hand?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, krunk said:

Do you not realize Wilson is playing with a cast/club on his hand?

What's he doing playing 71% Of the snaps with a cast and you can see he's not effective?  Desir doesn't play a snap?   It didn't bother the coaches to leave him out there so I guess you can't use that as an excuse.  They expected him to perform. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

PFF makes no sense to me: 

 

Jabaal Sheard -               79.4  overall grade - #9 ED

                                            76.9 pass rush         - #7 ED

                                            66.5 run defense    - #29 ED

 

Margus Hunt -                 79.0 overall grade - #10 ED

                                            72.0 pass rush        - #16 ED

                                            71.1 run defense    - #16 ED

 

Sheard grades out higher than a dude with two sacks? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Grades from Week 1 vs Cincinatti.

 

Top Performers Bolded

 

Offense:

 

Andrew Luck -                 82.1 overall grade - #6 QB

 

Jordan Wilkins -               56.4 overall grade - #35 RB

Nyheim Hines -                60.5 overall grade - #24 RB

 

TY Hilton -                         53.9 overall grade - #79 WR

Chester Rodgers -             59.5 overall grade - #56 WR

Ryan Grant -                      61.4 overall grade - #51 WR

 

Jack Doyle -                       60.7 overall grade - #26 TE

                                            54.0 receiving         - #23 TE

                                            84.4 blocking          - #1 TE

Eric Ebron -                      69.1 overall grade - #14 TE

                                            75.6 receiving        - #9 TE

                                            47.9 blocking         - #61 TE

 

Joe Haeg -                          64.6 overall grade - #28 T

                                            64.5 pass block      - #44 T

                                            60.3 run block       - #30 T

Quenton Nelson -            62.9 overall grade - #27 G

                                            70.3 pass block       - #36 G

                                            56.8 run block        - #32 G

Ryan Kelly -                     70.9 overall grade - #6 C

                                            73.4 pass block       - #19 C

                                            69.1 run block        - #6 C

Matt Slauson -                  60.3 overall grade - #37 G

                                            74.9 pass block      - #29 G

                                            49.7 run block       - #53 G

J'Marcus Webb -              64.5 overall grade - #29 T

                                            73.6 pass block      - #27 T

                                            50.6 run block       - #48 T

 

Defense:

 

Jabaal Sheard -               79.4  overall grade - #9 ED

                                            76.9 pass rush         - #7 ED

                                            66.5 run defense    - #29 ED

Al Woods -                        61.4 overall grade - #63 DI

                                            62.8 pass rush        - #34 DI

                                            70.7 run defense    - #36 DI

Denico Autry -                  82.0 overall grade - #15 DI

                                            59.3 pass rush        - #49 DI

                                            82.0 run defense   - #3 DI

Margus Hunt -                 79.0 overall grade - #10 ED

                                            72.0 pass rush        - #16 ED

                                            71.1 run defense    - #16 ED

 

Darius Leonard -             69.2 overall grade - #28 LB

                                            57.7 run defense    - #48 LB

                                            72.5 coverage         - #17 LB

Anthony Walker -           76.6 overall grade - #13 LB

                                            78.4 run defense    - Not Ranked

                                            57.8 coverage          - Not Ranked

 

Quincy Wilson -               29.1 overall grade - #99 CB

                                            28.3 coverage         - #97 CB

Kenny Moore III -            71.8 overall grade - #29 CB

                                            72.6 coverage         - #33 CB

Nate Hairston -                59.0 overall grade - #63 CB

                                            57.6 overall grade - #68 CB

 

Malik Hooker -                 66.9 overall grade - #37 S

                                            65.2 coverage         - #38 S

Clayton Geathers -          63.5 overall grade - #43 S

                                            64.5 coverage         - #41 S

Matthias Farley -            82.2 overall grade - #6 S

                                            77.4 overall grade - #8 S

 

Presented without comment. I know some people don't like PFF. Some people do. This is for the latter group.

 

i dont listen to rankings and quincy played nickle on sunday like lmao rankings dont really mean anything for 1 week

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krunk said:

Do you not realize Wilson is playing with a cast/club on his hand?

 

Would you argue that the coaching staff shouldn't have played Wilson then? 

 

Cant have it both ways.

 

Either he was ready to play with a club and delivered poor results or he wasnt ready to play and the coaches are at fault for putting him out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Malik Hooker -                 66.9 overall grade - #37 S

                                            65.2 coverage         - #38 S

Clayton Geathers -          63.5 overall grade - #43 S

                                            64.5 coverage         - #41 S

Matthias Farley -            82.2 overall grade - #6 S

                                            77.4 overall grade - #8 S

 

Here’s My unpopular opinion, Mathias Farley needs to be starting next to Clayton. As I mentioned before Geathers is a big liability in coverage, I like him more as a box safety or a Nickel Linebacker. But Mathias has shown that he is definitely the better coverage safety between the two. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Grades from Week 1 vs Cincinatti.

 

Top Performers Bolded

 

Offense:

 

Andrew Luck -                 82.1 overall grade - #6 QB

 

Jordan Wilkins -               56.4 overall grade - #35 RB

Nyheim Hines -                60.5 overall grade - #24 RB

 

TY Hilton -                         53.9 overall grade - #79 WR

Chester Rodgers -             59.5 overall grade - #56 WR

Ryan Grant -                      61.4 overall grade - #51 WR

 

Jack Doyle -                       60.7 overall grade - #26 TE

                                            54.0 receiving         - #23 TE

                                            84.4 blocking          - #1 TE

Eric Ebron -                      69.1 overall grade - #14 TE

                                            75.6 receiving        - #9 TE

                                            47.9 blocking         - #61 TE

 

Joe Haeg -                          64.6 overall grade - #28 T

                                            64.5 pass block      - #44 T

                                            60.3 run block       - #30 T

Quenton Nelson -            62.9 overall grade - #27 G

                                            70.3 pass block       - #36 G

                                            56.8 run block        - #32 G

Ryan Kelly -                     70.9 overall grade - #6 C

                                            73.4 pass block       - #19 C

                                            69.1 run block        - #6 C

Matt Slauson -                  60.3 overall grade - #37 G

                                            74.9 pass block      - #29 G

                                            49.7 run block       - #53 G

J'Marcus Webb -              64.5 overall grade - #29 T

                                            73.6 pass block      - #27 T

                                            50.6 run block       - #48 T

 

Defense:

 

Jabaal Sheard -               79.4  overall grade - #9 ED

                                            76.9 pass rush         - #7 ED

                                            66.5 run defense    - #29 ED

Al Woods -                        61.4 overall grade - #63 DI

                                            62.8 pass rush        - #34 DI

                                            70.7 run defense    - #36 DI

Denico Autry -                  82.0 overall grade - #15 DI

                                            59.3 pass rush        - #49 DI

                                            82.0 run defense   - #3 DI

Margus Hunt -                 79.0 overall grade - #10 ED

                                            72.0 pass rush        - #16 ED

                                            71.1 run defense    - #16 ED

 

Darius Leonard -             69.2 overall grade - #28 LB

                                            57.7 run defense    - #48 LB

                                            72.5 coverage         - #17 LB

Anthony Walker -           76.6 overall grade - #13 LB

                                            78.4 run defense    - Not Ranked

                                            57.8 coverage          - Not Ranked

 

Quincy Wilson -               29.1 overall grade - #99 CB

                                            28.3 coverage         - #97 CB

Kenny Moore III -            71.8 overall grade - #29 CB

                                            72.6 coverage         - #33 CB

Nate Hairston -                59.0 overall grade - #63 CB

                                            57.6 overall grade - #68 CB

 

Malik Hooker -                 66.9 overall grade - #37 S

                                            65.2 coverage         - #38 S

Clayton Geathers -          63.5 overall grade - #43 S

                                            64.5 coverage         - #41 S

Matthias Farley -            82.2 overall grade - #6 S

                                            77.4 overall grade - #8 S

 

Presented without comment. I know some people don't like PFF. Some people do. This is for the latter group.

 

I'm not a fan of PFF but thanks for posting.

 

Would it be possible for you to post the numbers of the Bengals players for week 1?  it would be interesting to do a matchup comparison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Look at Quincy Wilson!   He played 71% of the snaps and he has numbers like that!  Panic or patience?  Panic!   No wonder they activated Pipkens.   Ballard has to start wondering if he really  missed on this pick.  

 

He's playing with 1 hand. And they activated Pipkins because Milton is in concussion protocol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not a fan of PFF but thanks for posting.

 

Would it be possible for you to post the numbers of the Bengals players for week 1?  it would be interesting to do a matchup comparison.

 

I’ll see if I can post a new topic with both tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

 

Here’s My unpopular opinion, Mathias Farley needs to be starting next to Clayton. As I mentioned before Geathers is a big liability in coverage, I like him more as a box safety or a Nickel Linebacker. But Mathias has shown that he is definitely the better coverage safety between the two. 

Not too crazy sounding but I say let's play a couple more games.   Also we probably already have packages where they switch roles.  Farley  and Hooker on the backend with Geathers down low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

PFF makes no sense to me: 

 

Jabaal Sheard -               79.4  overall grade - #9 ED

                                            76.9 pass rush         - #7 ED

                                            66.5 run defense    - #29 ED

 

Margus Hunt -                 79.0 overall grade - #10 ED

                                            72.0 pass rush        - #16 ED

                                            71.1 run defense    - #16 ED

 

Sheard grades out higher than a dude with two sacks? 

He probably had a higher pressure rate on pass rushing snaps which forced bad throws. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

 

Here’s My unpopular opinion, Mathias Farley needs to be starting next to Clayton. As I mentioned before Geathers is a big liability in coverage, I like him more as a box safety or a Nickel Linebacker. But Mathias has shown that he is definitely the better coverage safety between the two. 

I agree if you meant to say Farley and Hooker starting. Geathers is better when he plays closer to the line of scrimmage and running with TE's. He's not much smaller then our LB's with the defensive switch. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

He probably had a higher pressure rate on pass rushing snaps which forced bad throws. 

I believe there is an article explaining just that. Oh and I read somewhere he has family working at PFF. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I agree if you meant to say Farley and Hooker starting. Geathers is better when he plays closer to the line of scrimmage and running with TE's. He's not much smaller then our LB's with the defensive switch. 

ive thought cover 3 would be a better scheme for our safeties but im not sure if we have the corners for it

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krunk said:

Do you not realize Wilson is playing with a cast/club on his hand?

 

Still has to play better. Desir didn't see a snap. Whether it's on Ballard or the coaches, no way Desir would have been a worse player to have active than Quincy. If you're out there, club or not, you have to perform. It's simple really. He was terrible.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

 

Still has to play better. Desir didn't see a snap. Whether it's on Ballard or the coaches, no way Desir would have been a worse player to have active than Quincy. If you're out there, club or not, you have to perform. It's simple really. He was terrible.

Desir wasn't inactive. He was available to play and saw action on special teams. The inactive that was a head scratcher for me was Ridgeway. Particularly after the preseason he had. I was hoping to hear the staff talk about that decision.

 

I'm guessing it was because the injuries to Castonzo and Good forced an extra OL active.  Odum or C Moore would've been a bettter choices to me. I am sure ST's played a part. I was really looking forward to seeing Ridgeway turned loose. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akcolt said:

I agree if you meant to say Farley and Hooker starting. Geathers is better when he plays closer to the line of scrimmage and running with TE's. He's not much smaller then our LB's with the defensive switch. 

Yes I definitely meant Farley next to Hooker not Geathers lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Not too crazy sounding but I say let's play a couple more games.   Also we probably already have packages where they switch roles.  Farley  and Hooker on the backend with Geathers down low.

 

I agree its too early in the season to write Geathers off, i also have to remind myself he is almost a year removed from football. I just really cringe watching him cover when Mathias is solid in that area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How does it work that Woods' overall grade is so much lower than his pass rush and run defense grades? 

 

Al Woods -                        61.4 overall grade - #63 DI

                                            62.8 pass rush        - #34 DI

                                            70.7 run defense    - #36 DI

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

He probably had a higher pressure rate on pass rushing snaps which forced bad throws. 

Sheard must have gotten pressure on those whole 7 passes that Dalton couldn't complete lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So 270 lbs Autry was a better run defender than 330 lbs Woods. And it's not a coincidence. Aaron Donald is great run defender at 280 lbs... 340 lbs Chapman, 330 Hughes, 320 Redding were not. So you don't have to have "big fat uglies" to stop the run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

PFF makes no sense to me: 

Jabaal Sheard -               79.4  overall grade - #9 ED

                                            76.9 pass rush         - #7 ED

                                            66.5 run defense    - #29 ED

Margus Hunt -                 79.0 overall grade - #10 ED

                                            72.0 pass rush        - #16 ED

                                            71.1 run defense    - #16 ED

 

Sheard grades out higher than a dude with two sacks? 

 

Maybe it's time to realize that production is not merely about number of sacks? :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

 

Maybe it's time to realize that production is not merely about number of sacks? :)

 

 

Already realized. Sheard never jumped off the screen to me with a bunch of QB hurries though.  

 

I'll guess that Nelson's low grade wasn't all his fault either. Kelly and him were passing off linemen on stunts quite a bit and missed on a few. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Nice article on one of the players that I think we need to consider at round 1   He seems like a driven kid.   The 4.52 40 at 270 lbs is nice as well......   Fits our LDE spot and kicks inside on passing downs   https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2021/03/26/michigans-kwity-paye-has-cleveland-browns-attention-wallet-reminders/6971124002/
    • Payton Turner Quote   “I’m most comfortable at outside [line]backer, that’s where most teams see me at. I played a year and a half on the edge and had supreme production where I showed versatility along with the ability to rush out of the 3-technique.”   He said the Jags and Cowboys had shown the most interest   Not sure if this says anything or not, (About his interest, and teams taking interest)  But something to "tuck away"   He was on my list of 2nd round guys to consider..... (And still is)
    • Not this year. I did not watch college football much this year. But I will assist with updating the big board and the list of draft selections.    Starting Monday works a lot better for me. 
    • I agree with you. I see this draft being different as in Ballard being aggressive for some key guys. Tremble would be a good pick. I still love Amari Rogers and Nico Collins as WR options for late rounds. Also, yes I can almost guarantee a run on OL guys. Multiple teams in the first plus almost every team early in the second. It’s a deep class but still a lot of guys need to sit a year or two. So 21 will be huge for us.    I have said all along Ballard wants to see what he has with the young Dline guys. I still see Houston singing back here after the draft for a veteran presence and maybe reduced role. 
  • Members

    • Moe

      Moe 34

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MikeCurtis

      MikeCurtis 2,329

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hark

      Hark 415

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,450

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Misty_B

      Misty_B 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chrisaaron1023

      Chrisaaron1023 1,931

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kirie89

      Kirie89 6

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 8,386

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 5,350

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • J@son

      J@son 912

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...