Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Voch Lombardi's Film Breakdown on Quenton Nelson.

Imrryr

1 hour ago, Imrryr said:

Not as in depth as I may like but thought I'd share the video with you peeps. :)

The play at about 7:40 is another one I almost posted in my "Quenton owns Atkins" thread from last night. He takes on Atkins, funnels him inside to Kelly, and quickly picks up a stunting passrusher. With ease. 

Be careful sharing anything on this. @ClaytonColt will come telling you Nelson didn't do squat, because we lost the game... 

Quenton does a nice job of pushing the D-Line back to the second level. He can hold his own against anyone, IMO. This was with Haeg and Smith at LT beside him throughout the game, mind you. When Costanzo comes back and plays LT, then it will be even more effective. Brilliant and easy pick by Ballard. Once the RT position is filled, we should have a sufficient O-Line, in both starters and depth.

• Like 2

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/11/17843368/bengals-weekly-lineman-geno-atkins-trades-blows-top-10-pick-quenton-nelson-nfl-week-1-colts

This is a Bengals forum that states the Atkins actually won the night over Nelson.  That The game plan of quick passing and Lucks ability to move so well is why the Bengals didn't have the night they wanted on the D-line.

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/11/17843368/bengals-weekly-lineman-geno-atkins-trades-blows-top-10-pick-quenton-nelson-nfl-week-1-colts

This is a Bengals forum that states the Atkins actually won the night over Nelson.  That The game plan of quick passing and Lucks ability to move so well is why the Bengals didn't have the night they wanted on the D-line.

Thanks for the post. I enjoyed a little more unbiased assessment. Atkins is really good, so I don't hold it against Nelson, but it looks like more often than not Nelson was holding on for dear life while Atkins attacked him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Imrryr said:

Not as in depth as I may like but thought I'd share the video with you peeps. :)

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Thank you both for the content.  I think the Cincy forum showed as many bad plays as Voch Lombardi, so I believe they are both biased :D.  All things being said, I can't wait for Nelson to get 1 year of NFL strength training and playing time with this O-line.  He had good and bad moments; he was fun to watch.

54 minutes ago, Ratking said:

Thanks for the post. I enjoyed a little more unbiased assessment. Atkins is really good, so I don't hold it against Nelson, but it looks like more often than not Nelson was holding on for dear life while Atkins attacked him. 

It really wasn't that way at all. This guy showed what, 7 clips? Out of 53 pass plays and 77 total? I think the original video shows every bit of 7 plays that shows Nelson handling Atkins.

Pretty underwhelming day for an all-pro elite defensive player going up against a rookie lineman, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

He's only going to improve folks.  He's still in his NFL diapers for Pete's sake!

Who's Pete?

I really don't know what people are complaining about.  The guy, in his first ever real NFL game played really well against one of the better front 4s in the NFL.

Was he perfect?  Nope, not even close.  But only someone who thinks Madden football imitates real life would expect anything more from him than what he did.

• Like 1