Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Big Thank You to so Many here....

NewColtsFan

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I confess when I went to bed Sunday night,  I didn't know what the website would look like Monday morning.    And frankly, when I woke up,  I was thrilled!

More than half the threads were either positive or analytical or both.     A handful were negative,  but far fewer than I expected.

A great sign that so many here are buying in to what Ballard is trying to do.

Honestly,   there are going to be a number of more games like the one with the Bengals.     Were going to lose a few more of those and we're going to be frustrated.     Ballard and Reich and the staff will be * as well.      But we're also going to win a number of them.    You can see it.

I don't pretend to know what our record will be this year,  but I do know that whatever it is,  it's important that the kids play.    They need to learn on the job.     Baptism by fire.    Mistakes will be made.     Posters will wonder why Player X is even in the game.     He'll be in to learn the hard way.

2018 is about letting the kids learn.    This way 19 and 20 and 21 can be playoff-caliber seasons.

Thanks for making Monday a pleasure to read.      Many thanks to everyone who made a contribution,  whether it was creating a good thread,  or posting in it.      All of you are making this website better every year!   

Go Colts!    :colts:

It was tough to accept that loss, but man was it great to see Luck playing again. This team is going to be different, I can feel it. And I really like what Reich has been doing so far with the playcalling. 

• Like 2

I can't understand how people expect us to be great when we were a top 5 pick team. They don't award those to the top teams.

It's gonna take time unfortunately.

I'm sure we'll have some winner threads throughout the year so fear not, the disappointment will come.. Lol

• Like 2

There was a great twitter post I saw (can't find it again to give due credit unfortunately) but I loved what it said:

The Colts looked competent with a lacking roster.

The Lions looked lacking with a competent roster.

That's what coaching does.

I may have paraphrased but the sentiment is so true.  We looked like a football team yesterday.  Yes, there were mistakes and penalties and growing pains, but you can see the foundation is there for a young, hungry team to progress this year and over the coming years.

The future is bright.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1