Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Snap Counts - Week 1

NorthernBlue

My bad if this was posted already but here is this weeks snap counts for each player active yesterday

https://www.colts.com/news/snap-counts-colts-bengals-1

Couple interesting things

-The colts ran 82 offensive plays to Cincy's 55. A good way to hide a young and inexperienced defense is to control the ball a lot. Now if only we can turn some of those possessions into points

-Ebron only played 45 % of offensive snaps. Wish we could have seen more of him in the 2nd half, although the team was still moving the ball well

-We saw the rotation of the Dline in full force, with everyone getting a healthy share of snaps (even the new guy, Al Quadin Muhammad)

-Basham only saw 9% though. Wonder what's going on there. Is he that behind on the depth chart?

-Geathers and Leonard did not come off the field on Defense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Basham is limited in snaps because he is not doing anything to warrant putting him on the field. I love Doyel but Ebron needs to be on the field more, i feel like him and Luck have chemistry all ready. 

Looks to me like Ebron will only be brought in when Reich sees a mismatch opportunity. Doyle will be in most of the time due to the fact he can do more in terms of blocking etc.

I like this approach as it means Ebron will play less than Doyle but his use when in should be more.  I see us using Ebron in the Redzone a fair bit as well.