Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 things about the game I cant get past...

Southside Hoosier Fan

8 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

1)Where was Ebron on the last 2 series. He is a mismatch nightmare, and he isnt in the game?

2)Our receivers, other than Ebron were not getting separation. TY can get separation, but he was double teamed most of the day. We don't have another WR who was getting open. That is a problem.

I don't agree.  Luck completed multiple passes to every single receiver who entered the game. When I say everybody I mean everybody from Pascal, to Grant, to Hines, to Wilkins, to Rogers, to Ebron, to Swoope.   The only guy that I can think of who didn't catch a pass is Christine Michael. The ball was well distributed to all the receivers.  Luck finding open receivers was not a problem.

• Like 6

If Mack returns in week 2 I expect the offense to look even better because he adds an explosive element to our running game.   Costanzo coming back helps also.  I think we can go up there and beat the Redskins quite frankly if we get rid of the dumb penalties and turnovers.  That needs to stop immediately!

16 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

1)Where was Ebron on the last 2 series. He is a mismatch nightmare, and he isnt in the game?

2)Our receivers, other than Ebron were not getting separation. TY can get separation, but he was double teamed most of the day. We don't have another WR who was getting open. That is a problem.

Lucks receivers were wide open and catch and running all day. Yes it would be huge to have a long fast receiver to stretch the field. But we have what we have for now and for a game one it was a great passing game to build on.  JMO of course.

Ebron? Gee, we were moving the ball nicely. Maybe Frank didn't want to risk a ten yard penalty with the game on the line.

• Like 1

I didn't get to see much until the last part of the 4th quarter.

But it seemed to me on the radio the defense giving up 2 back to back penalties, one of which was on a 3rd and long on a route that wouldn't have even gotten the first down if Eifert did catch and run seemed to be the biggest mistake of the game.

Run game was a bit of a disappointment.  Mack might help though.

Team held up well and was competitive against a solid team.  

1).  Bengals were in a dime package on the last drive and Ebron is a mismatch against LBers and CBs but Cincy's safeties were doing a good job against him  all game.  So keeping him out while the Bengals were playing a lot of nickle and dime makes sense.  it forced the mismatch of a LB on Hines.

2).  Really?  Luck completed 73.6% of his passes to 9 different receivers and Doyle and Grant  led the way having 8 and 7 respectively and people still want to complain about WRs not being able to get open?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krunk said:

If Mack returns in week 2 I expect the offense to look even better because he adds an explosive element to our running game.   Costanzo coming back helps also.  I think we can go up there and beat the Redskins quite frankly if we get rid of the dumb penalties and turnovers.  That needs to stop immediately!

They looked pretty good, honestly.  Might surprise a lot of people.  It's the right offense for Smith and Peterson is running very well.  It will probably a tougher game than yesterday's.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I think that starts with not giving Doyle the ball in crunch time. I’m not blaming him, but his fumble issues are well documented and they often happen at the worst times.

29 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think that starts with not giving Doyle the ball in crunch time. I’m not blaming him, but his fumble issues are well documented and they often happen at the worst times.

I think they should start dialing up Swoope some more.   I don't know what the heck is wrong with Doyle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Stating facts to that poster will only confuse him.

That's hilarious!  Seriously though, from a lot of the pregame comments it was apparent that there are a lot of people here who don't realize how good Cincy is this season.   They are stacked just about everywhere and their D line is loaded and deep.

TBH, I was surprised we jumped out to a lead in the first place considering the D is completely new and we're missing our LT and top 2 RBs. 

• Like 1