Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL stops radio game streaming.

Coltsfan1953

I'm not sure which forum this goes in but I tried to listen to the game in WV because the Steelers were on local CBS affiliate. I couldn't  get the Colts game on their radio network. :Cry: One of the stations websites posted that the game broadcast was the property of the NFL and they weren't  allowed to stream the broadcast anymore. :flaming: I think that this is unfair to say the least. How are fans from non-NFL locations supposed to follow their teams? I don't understand the logic of the whole thing and I was very disappointed to find this out. By the way, the Colts lost because I wasn't allowed to listen to the game. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

I'm not sure which forum this goes in but I tried to listen to the game in WV because the Steelers were on local CBS affiliate. I couldn't  get the Colts game on their radio network. :Cry: One of the stations websites posted that the game broadcast was the property of the NFL and they weren't  allowed to stream the broadcast anymore. :flaming: I think that this is unfair to say the least. How are fans from non-NFL locations supposed to follow their teams? I don't understand the logic of the whole thing and I was very disappointed to find this out. By the way, the Colts lost because I wasn't allowed to listen to the game. 

Download the 1070 app. Problem solved

• Like 2

Maybe I did something wrong but I tried 5 or 6 affiliate stations(including a Bengals station) and I still couldn't get the game. I saw that message about the NFL blocking streaming and figured they found another way to make money. I'm not very tech smart so I try again next week. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

It's this thing called Capitalism.

The NFL Mobile app lets you watch the game(s) that's being broadcast in your area.

Now, if there was a way to say ...spoof...your IP address so it appears your in a different city by using a VPN service, you may be able to watch any game you want. 

Obviously, I'm not condoning any illegal activity, if it is illegal.  Just rehashing a thread that's been discussed here previously.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The NFL Mobile app lets you watch the game(s) that's being broadcast in your area.

Now, if there was a way to say ...spoof...your IP address so it appears your in a different city by using a VPN service, you may be able to watch any game you want. 

Obviously, I'm not condoning any illegal activity, if it is illegal.  Just rehashing a thread that's been discussed here previously.

That's only on Verizon tho, right?

I have the NFL Gamepass (I am on T-Mobile) and I was listening to the game live yesterday through that. Don't know if that helps. I had to break down and buy it because none of the radio stations I tried to key into broadcasted the game It was all either static or rerun programming.

Maybe something changed but a couple seasons ago I tried to listen to both Colts and Bengals broacast on the respective radio station streams and was not able to.  They always had a replay of some crappy talk show, the NFL had them blocked.  I haven't tried in the last year or so.  MLB was the same way.  700 WLW played the reds but if you went to iHeart and listend to WLW the reds were not on, talk show re runs.

1 hour ago, NagelHausForge said:

Really?  And you can watch live games?

For sure - any of the locally broadcast games.  Including Monday and Thursday.  https://www.nfl.com/apps

Now,  how your device knows what's 'local' is where the VPN service comes in.  But, as I said, I'm not going to condone or recommend any illegal activities.

6 hours ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

Maybe I did something wrong but I tried 5 or 6 affiliate stations(including a Bengals station) and I still couldn't get the game. I saw that message about the NFL blocking streaming and figured they found another way to make money. I'm not very tech smart so I try again next week. Thanks for the info.

This is nothing new.  Maybe some affiliates weren’t following NFL policy before and just started this season.  But the NFL has been restricting unpaid streaming of terrestrial affiliates for years.

If you want to stream radio broadcasts of NFL games, you’re supposed to buy a paid subscription (though it’s hardly a secret that pirate streams — both audio and video — exist).

9 hours ago, Imrryr said:

I have the NFL Gamepass (I am on T-Mobile) and I was listening to the game live yesterday through that. Don't know if that helps. I had to break down and buy it because none of the radio stations I tried to key into broadcasted the game It was all either static or rerun programming.

Interesting...I have it but couldn’t get the audio. Had to wait till 8 to see it.

17 hours ago, Smonroe said:

For sure - any of the locally broadcast games.  Including Monday and Thursday.  https://www.nfl.com/apps

Now,  how your device knows what's 'local' is where the VPN service comes in.  But, as I said, I'm not going to condone or recommend any illegal activities.

Right on... That's good to know... and I don't think there is anything inherently illegal about VPNs.  They are used in the digital security world for a variety of legit purposes.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NagelHausForge said:

Right on... That's good to know... and I don't think there is anything inherently illegal about VPNs.  They are used in the digital security world for a variety of legit purposes.

I can't vouch for how well the app will work.  I had the free weekend of the Ticket so I was just messing with the app during the breaks.  It was spotty at first, probably because so many people are using it.  But then it worked fine. 

It's about two minutes behind the TV broadcast.  So if you don't want to know what happens before you see it, turn any Colts scoring alerts off!