Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

R-E-L-A-X

MikChiken

I know there have been some positive posters but I’ve seen a lot of negative comments. Overall the Colts played a pretty good game and if the ball would have rolled this way or that way it could’ve been a different story. Think about how many changes have been made to this coaching staff, players etc. I know people don’t think highly of the bengals but they do have some playmakers and this is a new season. The team will grow and get better and I am proud to see some good things come out of this game when I had no idea what to expect.  On to Washington! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

I know there have been some positive posters but I’ve seen a lot of negative comments. Overall the Colts played a pretty good game and if the ball would have rolled this way or that way it could’ve been a different story. Think about how many changes have been made to this coaching staff, players etc. I know people don’t think highly of the bengals but they do have some playmakers and this is a new season. The team will grow and get better and I am proud to see some good things come out of this game when I had no idea what to expect.  On to Washington! 

I saw a lot more positve than negative......the loss hurts us

But Houston lost, Tennessee is losing..and we can beat Jacksonville

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

their run game is nasty. We have to stop the run to beat skins

I agree that’s it’s more how we lost at the end. That’s what sucks. 

That, and a lot of us have to go to work in Bengals country... Their fans, will not be kind.

It was great to see Luck back, and great to see him overcome that interception. 

There is still a lot of work to do for this team to win a game. 

• Like 3

I think the one thing people have to keep in mind is that the beginning of our schedule is rough. I've said it a couple times already, but we very well could be going into week 5 with an 0-4 record. For these first few weeks we'll have to really judge by how we look in the game, not by W's and L's.

All in all I was pretty impressed by how we looked. There were plenty of negatives of course but we're a young team with a new/inexperienced staff, and the problems that did surface were to be expected IMO.

• Like 1

I'm happy to have Andrew back.     I thought for the most part it was a good, competitive game.  That final play could have very easily gone the other way and could have been the game winner for us, but it wasn't.  

I thought for the most part Andrew looked good.   I thought for the most part our Defense looked good.   It was a disappointing loss, but.....I am still optimistic.   

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Looking at the glass half empty or half full is a choice. There were plays either way but so many negatives can be corrected. It’s only game one but there is potential in this team to make the playoffs.

When glass is being emptied, it's half empty. When the glass is being filled, it's half full. The Colts glass is definitely half full.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mick12Maher said:

Where are all those fans that were hating on me? Talking about its only "Preseason". LOL right. Talking RELAX.

My message was execution. Even though the plays were "Vanilla", there was still alot of execution issues from both sides of the ball.

Positive note: I feel like we have a coach that knows Xs and Os. Ever since that Luck INT, Riech concussion told him to flip the page and start a new set of play calling. I know that half the blame for the INT was luck but the coaching staff is mature. When you can change bad habits in play calling, its a sign of maturity.  

That post about how if 'Doyle didn't fumble and the Colts won, the issues would still be there' is so true.

The Colts losing this game doesn't take away from the mistakes and improvements that need to be made. It also doesn't take away from the positives that we saw. For example:

Andrew Luck is back

We saw the effectiveness of the opened up playbook (Grant quieted a lot of people today)

We saw the impact Ebron has for this team

The defense was swarming in the first half, and they will only get better

And finally, no injuries

Still gotta clean up the run game, but that will get better when Mack and Castonzo come back. The interior Oline was very good.

Defensively, still lots of work to be done. But we knew that already, and if you didn't then you just set yourself up to be disappointed. 

8 hours ago, Trueman said:

It was really just the way we lost that hurt. 

If you step away from the emotional aspect of the game , and view the broader picture , it really wasn't that bad. 

Lots of positives. 

In some ways I'm not sure it is a positive. Bad teams seem to find ways to lose even when they've generally done okay through the game. 

Even the Browns last year didn't get blown out every game. It's often more to do with whether you can make or avoid that crucial play when the game is on the line. Losing can become a bit of a habit.

• Like 1

The Oline looked good. Castonzo and (hopefully) Good will make a difference. Mack coming back should help.

Seems like the coaching staff understands you can get separation horizontally as well as vertically.

This team lacks experience and the only way to get it is play.

Sucks to lose but there were a lot of positives.

• Like 1

I think the team looked pretty good.   I'm excited to see them grow. 

This loss is huge for the playoff chances though.   A home loss to Cincy when most have us winning 7-9 games puts a damper on our playoff hopes.   I didn't think we would make the playoffs anyway, so I'll just be excited to see the young team get better.  

19 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Looking at the glass half empty or half full is a choice. There were plays either way but so many negatives can be corrected. It’s only game one but there is potential in this team to make the playoffs.

Every team in the division lost yesterday besides the Jags, but by some reactions on here, you'd think we'd just lost a week 17 game with playoff implications. I realize that this is the regular season now, & these games do count, but after yesterday's game, anyone who continues to have a "doom & gloom" outlook might consider other ways to spend their Sunday afternoons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Every team in the division lost yesterday besides the Jags, but by some reactions on here, you'd think we'd just lost a week 17 game with playoff implications. I realize that this is the regular season now, & these games do count, but after yesterday's game, anyone who continues to have a "doom & gloom" outlook might consider other ways to spend their Sunday afternoons.

Are you saying; “It’s a long season”? Lol

When I think back to the NIGHTMARE that was last year, I can help but feel optimistic and grateful this team is headed in the right direction.

They are working to get the best 5 on the Oline. Maybe Castonzo and Good will be the missing pieces. Maybe someone else will step up at RT. Getting some kind of continuity on the Oline, getting Mack and Turbin back and (hopefully) having Pascal or another receiver to “take the top off” and this offense could flourish.

31 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Are you saying; “It’s a long season”? Lol

Sort of. More just pointing out that prior to yesterday's game, the forum consensus seemed to be that we need to temper our expectations, especially early in the season, since we knew this young group was going to be a work in progress, but 1 game in & that has already seemed to go out the window.