Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck has got to learn whem to throw the ball away

love the shoe

Take that dumb throw away at the goal lone and get the three and we win this game , I don't care if he throws for 400 yards and they still lose , throw the dang ball away and play the next down, I told my friend that would end up costing us the game and it did period . We were in Vinnys range at the end and could have run the clock down and then kicked the fg

• Like 1

The game was 0-0 after the turnover and the Bengals had the ball inside the 5.  Hard to say it cost us the game.  

Getting knocked out of FG range was huge.  Should have been conservative and gone up 2 scores at that point.

18 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

Take that dumb throw away at the goal lone and get the three and we win this game , I don't care if he throws for 400 yards and they still lose , throw the dang ball away and play the next down, I told my friend that would end up costing us the game and it did period . We were in Vinnys range at the end and could have run the clock down and then kicked the fg

It was definitely a critical factor but not the only reason for the loss. It was a team loss from the QB to the defense to coaching staff. 

This has always been my biggest criticism of Andrew Luck. He will throw into coverage or take a sack before he'll throw it away. We saw P. Manning throw out of bounds 5 or 6 times a game. Same with Tom Brady. Luck, maybe once a game. 

There were also couple of screen passes that should have been thrown into the ground instead of Hines almost getting blown up. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

One bad play did not cost us the game. There were plenty of dumb mistakes to go around. I am just as frustrated as you are. Cinny didn't beat us. We lost this game and I hate losing.  There were too many mental errors by our veteran players. There was a stretch at the end of the 3rd filled with losing plays. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, egg said:

This has always been my biggest criticism of Andrew Luck. He will throw into coverage or take a sack before he'll throw it away. We saw P. Manning throw out of bounds 5 or 6 times a game. Same with Tom Brady. Luck, maybe once a game. 

There were also couple of screen passes that should have been thrown into the ground instead of Hines almost getting blown up. 

I am with you and that is my biggest concern about Luck , you have got to throw it away and play the next play

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

It certainly didn’t help. That missed field goal was the beginning of the end though. That’s when the moment swung in favor of the Bengals. 

Leaving points off the board nearly always guarantees a loss in the NFL. 

There were two plays leading up to the missed fg. The first and the one that I believe started the momentum shift to Ciiny was a dropped pass. It was a beautiful ball. Luck laid the ball right into the out stretched hands of Hilton. TY has to catch that ball.  It should have been a chunk play Hiltons momentum would have landed him inside the Cinny 30. 

Then the sack Luck took right before the fg attempt was huge. Luck held the ball to long and added about six yards to AV's fg attempt. It doesn't excuse the miss but it certainly made the try more difficult. We need a better decision there. The missed fg not only cost us 3 points but gave them great field position.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, akcolt said:

There were two plays leading up to the missed fg. The first and the one that I believe started the momentum shift to Ciiny was a dropped pass. It was a beautiful ball. Luck laid the ball right into the out stretched hands of Hilton. TY has to catch that ball.  It should have been a chunk play Hiltons momentum would have landed him inside the Cinny 30. 

Then the sack Luck took right before the fg attempt was huge. Luck held the ball to long and added about six yards to AV's fg attempt. It doesn't excuse the miss but it certainly made the try more difficult. We need a better decision there. The missed fg not only cost us 3 points but gave them great field position.

Nice Gold Star reporting. 
Lets see. 11 players at the snap of the ball making eleven decisions, then reacting to the players movements across from them, then eleven more decisions, then....  x 70 plays bla bla bla bla bla.
 It is very SAD to blame the loss on any one play. EVER Fans

15 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Can’t say bad stuff about Luck on this site sir

That's not true at all.  But to blame the loss on Luck's first throw of the game and his first throw in an NFL game in over a year and a half, indicates a lack of understand of... well just about everything football related.

Why not blame Moore II for the loss.  If he had not got tackled by the QB Luck would not have been in a position to throw that INT.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That's not true at all.  But to blame the loss on Luck's first throw of the game and his first throw in an NFL game in over a year and a half, indicates a lack of understand of... well just about everything football related.

Why not blame Moore II for the loss.  If he had not got tackled by the QB Luck would not have been in a position to throw that INT.

I dont believe it cost us the game but you’re making excuses for him. He didn’t just come off the couch and throw his first pass. He’s had summer camp and preseason. It was a poor decision. Something he has done often in his career. So the whole first throw in a game and first game in year and half does not excuse it

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I dont believe it cost us the game but you’re making excuses for him. He didn’t just come off the couch and throw his first pass. He’s had summer camp and preseason. It was a poor decision. Something he has done often in his career. So the whole first throw in a game and first game in year and half does not excuse it

Your right it was a poor decision but it was also a good defensive play, the LB had to reach behind him and tip the ball and then INT.

Below it or not Qbs throw INTs, sometimes even when they make the correct decision.