Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

17 unanswered points is unacceptable

Hi-Tek

52 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Specifically the run game. To think we could have had Mixon last year. 

What?  All those people in my “How will we stop Mixon and Green” thread said he wasn’t any good.  

The D is young, but they’re fast.  Things will get better.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hi-Tek said:

Does Andrew Luck have to bail out the defense every game?

Because that was pathetic.

I guess I am confused with your post. The title is 17 unanswered points is unacceptable, but then you ask if luck has to bail us out. Isn't unanswered points due to the offense not scoring? We had plenty of opportunities to practically put the game away by scoring and making it a two score lead late, and failed. Our offense failed at the end of the game with a chance to win. I think our defense did a pretty damn good job today. Andrew Luck and the offense (while they played great most of the game) failed to put up the points they should have and that was necessary to win this game. 

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Despte everything, if Doyel holds on to the ball, good chance they win.  Killer turnover.  

That's true.  But, after squandering a lead and the clock running down, you leave yourself no room for error.  We had to play totally sound and smart on that drive and that is not easily done.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

The game went pretty much the same as last year.  Team looks good at times during the first three quarters, and even leads at some point.

Then when it matters, the other team presses the gas and they win going away.  I've seen this rodeo before.

Seems thats the script the football God's like.

5 hours ago, Flash7 said:

The lack of a run game was a glaring issue to me. The Bengals and Dalton had the luxury of handing the ball off to Mixon.

Leading up the start of the 4th quarter, Mixon was averaging 7.9 ypc. They were patient and kept handing him the ball, knowing we couldn't stop it. They passed with efficiency (75% completion %) because we could not make them one dimensional. Run defense will be an issue all year.

Run game on offense will be an issue all year.

Run game on defense will be an issue.  Hankins would have made a difference.  Run game on offense will be better with Costanzo back.  Good would help as well if he can stay healthy.