Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack freakin Doyle... SMH

GusFring

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

so why bring it up?

a 7th rounder made him fumble, but doyle is an udfa himself.  whats your point?

Not that is any of your business but it was a nice piece of work for that player and when a low draft pick does well it should be noted. If you disagree who cares?

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Not that is any of your business but it was a nice piece of work for that player and when a low draft pick does well it should be noted. If you disagree who cares?

ha, wow

most of your posts are nonsense anyway, i'll stop quoting you if thats all you've got 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

That is a silly argument.   This would be the same no matter who did it.   There were many reasons we lost and lots of things that contributed to it.   We were losing when Doyle fumbled, so he didn't cost us.   We were already behind.   AV's missed FG.   Reich's decision not to go for 2.  Lucks INT. 

We shall see if it's the same when someone else costs us a "chance" at winning a game...  And yes Doyle cost us a "chance" to win.  His mistake wasn't the only one though.  Luck's Int.  Geathers' P.I.  TY's drop.  AV's missed FG.  There's plenty of blame to go around.  And Doyle most certainly deserves his portion of it because with the other mistakes we still had a chance to correct them and win the game.  Doyle's was just the last nail in the coffin and sealed the loss. 

It's ok to give him a large portion of the blame.  He deserves it.  And I'm sure he's man enough to admit his mistake and take it.  And I'm sure our team is mature and united enough to forgive him and not throw him under the bus.  And for a guy to have as many posts on here as you do, your argument is quite foolish if you think others have gotten the pass and excuses laid out  for their mistakes that Doyle is getting for his gaffe.  Quite silly and foolish.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just because he lost us one game doesn't mean he deserves to be benched. Stuff happens. We just have to move on. 

I wouldn't say he lost us the game per se.  The team loses together.  If the team has a big lead at that point or any lead at all then we don't have to worry about Jack Doyle catching and fumbling.

That said, he did fumble at a critical point in the game.  But you are right stuff happens.  Fumbling isn't a major problem for Jack.  Just got to move on to the next game.

3 hours ago, GoColtsWin said:

I’m referring to the first to get to JD that stripped the ball. The reason Fedjelem was even able to recover it. 

Sorry, but you might want to check the video again, the other guy did NOT strip the ball, his hands wrapped around Doyles waist and missed the ball. Fedjelem was credit with the forced fumble because his hit is what popped it out.  You were saying?

17 hours ago, love the shoe said:

we needed a td make the catch and fall down and run the next play , those two * after the catch just take time off the clock

It was 3rd and 15, the Colts needed a first down.  Of course he could have gone down and then everything would have rested on a 4th down play but I, personally, won't ever fault a guy for  fighting hard for that extra needed yard.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

They hadn’t? Seems to me like I remember an interception in the red zone. 

The only other time I remember being in the red zone was TD to TY. I can’t recall if we were in the red zone on Ebron’s TD. 

Bottom line is it still wasn’t a guarantee that we would of got the TD. There were to many other things that went wrong I that game, like Lucks INT in the red zone, to pin it on a Doyle. Yea it was a contributing factor.

Ok once up to that point but whatever is what it is on to the Redskins.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Sorry, but you might want to check the video again, the other guy did NOT strip the ball, his hands wrapped around Doyles waist and missed the ball. Fedjelem was credit with the forced fumble because his hit is what popped it out.  You were saying?

Did check, and your right. See, not that big of a deal, eh’?

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2018 at 4:10 PM, GusFring said:

Where's Swoope

Ugh, where to begin.  First, the smart thing would be to ignore this.  Most NFL games, at least the close ones, boil down to about three or four plays.  I haven't re-watched the game yet but here's my list that stood out during the game.  

1. Andrew's pick in the red zone, he played amazing but that was a big play.

2. The PI call on Geathers on a seven-yard pass on like 3rd and 15.

3. The horse collar penalty on Turay turned a huge loss into a 15 yard gain and a first down.

4. The Doyle fumble.

Now of these three there's only one I can excuse and it's the Doyle play.  The opponent made a great play while Jack was going all out.  I respect the effort and it wasn't a mental error.  The other three game changers were mental errors.  In fact, if I were to put a fifth I may pick opting to go for a field goal from 55.  I'd rather have pinned them back.  So, if you're going to post something absurd make a better case than "where's Swoope" if he deserved to be on the field he would have been.

Overall, I was super pleased with what I saw on the field, that's the most prepared we've looked in years, I'm very optimistic!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2018 at 3:12 PM, MarquisJ said:

Very frustrating Jack Doyel brings his fumbles from last year into this year.. Andrew Luck is driving down this field and fires a strike on 3rd and 15 which to me would have been a first maybe a manageable 4th and 1 and guy returns it for 83 yards.... I won’t blame the entire game on him but that play was huge

I think a poor coaching decision also having Adam V. going for a what was it 54 yard FG? you don't do that when you are barely holding on to the lead. that and a couple of Personal foul penalties on the defense contributed to the loss in the 4th qtr. Basically like last year, go into the 4th with a lead, and blow it at the end. 

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Tom Brady finds your logic faulty.

Draft status matter only twice, on draft day and in your first camp.  It does matter in camp no matter what coaches say, GM's don't like to be wrong on draft picks. No matter, once you hit the field where you were drafted doesn't matter at all, it may be a media talking point, but it matters zero relative to your ability to play your position once called upon.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even though Jack ruined our day I still think highly of him as a TE. He did mess up royally though. The difference between going 9-7/8-8/7-9 are games like yesterday. 

No offense, but he did nothing of the sort to me. 

Pointing out a mistake should include all mistakes made the whole game. It is not the last mistake that causes the loss....it's the accumulation of all the mistakes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

The dude made a good play on the ball. He popped it out with his helmet from side/behind. What was epic was the return.

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

No offense, but he did nothing of the sort to me. 

Pointing out a mistake should include all mistakes made the whole game. It is not the last mistake that causes the loss....it's the accumulation of all the mistakes. 

I still like Jack and I think he is one of our best players but he made the biggest mistake of the ball game. He ruined my day lmao . Your Post is well taken though and no offense.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

When someone else makes a mistake let’s see if they get the same pass that everybody on here wants to give Doyle.  Or is that pass only reserved for personal favorites???  Because if TY had fumbled and cost us a chance to win the game, he’d be getting blamed and most would be saying how he’s not a number 1.  Or imagine if it was Hines?  Would he get a pass?

You are speaking truth... Blame only reserved for certain players... hmmmm

Doyle had a really rough couple of games last year too, with turnovers (and even drops, if I recall correctly), but then he turned it around and again became Mr. Reliable.  Honestly, though, I’d have to watch the play again much closer to determine if it was poor ball management or just a great defensive play.  No player is immune from being victimized by a great defensive play.  

To me, he’s a workman blue collar guy, that more times than not, will be reliable.  That being said, I don’t perceive him as being top shelf elite and he will always have lapses, sometimes at the worst of times.  

I have higher hopes for Ebron, preferring Doyle in the role of change of pace reliever or 2nd TE in multiple TE sets.  

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eventhough Jack ruined our day I still think highly of him as a TE. He did mess up royally though. The difference between going 9-7/8-8/7-9 are games like yesterday. 

And Luck's INT early slamming any hope of scoring to take the lead??? At least Doyle did half his job right.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

And Luck's INT early slamming any hope of scoring to take the lead??? At least Doyle did half his job right.

That was the only bad pass he made all day and it was so early in the game. Kenny Moore should've had a pick 6 before that and Luck's INT would've never happened, he let Dalton tackle him LOL. Dalton couldn't tackle me. It is what it is though. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was the only bad pass he made all day and it was so early in the game. Kenny Moore should've had a pick 6 before that and Luck's INT would've never happened, he let Dalton tackle him LOL. Dalton couldn't tackle me. It is what it is though. 

Seems to me he had several incomplete passes or were those all the fault of the receivers? Doyle is a winner.

Just now, King Colt said:

Seems to me he had several incomplete passes or were those all the fault of the receivers? Doyle is a winner.

I love Doyle and think Doyle is a Good Football player but he messed up at the end, can't sugarcoat it. If someone messes up at the end of the game there is nothing wrong with being critical of it. I was critical of Peyton in SB 44 when he threw an INT at the end. Being critical of Luck or blaming him for much in this game is silly. He was 39-53 with 2 TD's. He had the 1 pick and it happened early. I sure don't blame Luck for this loss. I may blame him more in the future if he deserves it in games we lose, this game he is not why we lost, Sorry.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Doyle and think Doyle is a Good Football player but he messed up at the end, can't sugarcoat it. If someone messes up at the end of the game there is nothing wrong with being critical of it. I was critical of Peyton in SB 44 when he threw an INT at the end. Being critical of Luck or blaming him for much in this game is silly. He was 39-53 with 2 TD's. He had the 1 pick and it happened early. I sure don't blame Luck for this loss. I may blame him more in the future if he deserves it in games we lose, this game he is not why we lost, Sorry.

Every single play counts. So if  they three and out they could be blamed for not getting a first down which could have led to a TD. To pick one play as the reason any team loses is wrong. If they had been leading by 20 when it happened there would be no issue.  Name one player on Buffalo and one on Detroit to blame for their losses this week. 

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Every single play counts. So if  they three and out they could be blamed for not getting a first down which could have led to a TD. To pick one play as the reason any team loses is wrong. If they had been leading by 20 when it happened there would be no issue.  Name one player on Buffalo and one on Detroit to blame for their losses this week. 

I am actually not picking just 1 play, we had a few that cost us that is obvious but Doyle had the biggest blunder is what I am saying. I agree you can't just blame 1 guy for a loss I understand that. It's a team game and no 1 person should get 100% of the blame for a loss that is common sense. Having said that his mistake was very costly. 

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Sean McDermott and Matthew Stafford deserve the most blame in Buffalo and Detroit.  McDermott is a coach who had the hubris to dump the starting QB (Taylor) who led them to the playoffs for the first time in eternity for Peterman...  Also threw Peterman in last season for his 5 INT game that nearly cost them those same playoffs...   Total clown move.  Why not keep Taylor and let him mentor Allen?   

Seriously though, all mistakes count but the timing of a mistake can make it more costly.  Case in point, we had many mistakes against the Bengals.  They all hurt us.  But only 1 ensured our defeat.  But I don't want to keep beating up on Doyle.  Stuff happens.  He'll bounce back but Ebron still needs to see more reps given to him.  Frank and Luck will figure it out.  I'm supremely confident of that.