Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GusFring

Jack freakin Doyle... SMH

Very frustrating Jack Doyel brings his fumbles from last year into this year.. Andrew Luck is driving down this field and fires a strike on 3rd and 15 which to me would have been a first maybe a manageable 4th and 1 and guy returns it for 83 yards.... I won’t blame the entire game on him but that play was huge

It happens.

Doyle is still solid. Colts still made plenty of mistakes to a poor Bengals team.

A lot of promising things for the Colts today. They are still not a good team though. Plenty of more losses to come. Expect it. Improvement is the important thing this year.

Looks like another week of THESE type of threads. We played pretty damn well today minus a couple of bone headed play. Just Imo

Wouldn't mind a top 10 pick.

Need a proper playmaker on this defense, and the next draft is stacked with them.

1 minute ago, Freenyfan102 said:

remember doyel number one on the depth chart

It's not always about that some packages require certain players

Just because he lost us one game doesn't mean he deserves to be benched. Stuff happens. We just have to move on. 

2 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Jack Doyle is soft. Can’t take any hits

You apparently don’t watch the Colts very much.

5 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Jack Doyle is soft. Can’t take any hits

Lazy.. just lazy post. He’s really not. He’s held up and takes a big hit. Is AJ Green soft too then?

Stop being so reactionary.

2 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

You apparently don’t watch the Colts very much.

Agree.  Posts like this make me think they're made out of anger and any assemblanse of logical thinking.  Doyle has proven his toughness.  He has been known to fumble, but to call him soft?  Nope.

I didn’t hear anyone complaining about Doyle when he made the game winning catch against the Jaguars on Lucks last start. 

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

ebron should have been in the game

He was earlier. There is nothing wrong with Doyle.

Remember it was 3rd and 15. If not for Doyle getting open and making the play to start with we would have likely been at 4th and 15.

It's an inexcusable fumble and at the worst time but the defender also made a good play hitting him right on the ball.

Why would you ask for swoope? lol the better TE was Ebron easily has more talent than any TE on the roster. I think he will end up having a good season 

This one just has to be forgotten, next week can't come soon enough.  It was NOT a division game.  Social & cable media make it hard to avoid the game-ending stunner low-lights, but I'm good at blocking this crap out and we can erase this with 60 minutes of what we did today minus some mental mistakes (penalties and TO's).  Sun rises in the east tomorrow.  Let's do this...as for Doyle, he will take this as a challenge and make a game-break play for us.

Not just him with that play. Points off Luck interception; as usual. Horrible D and bad penalties especially in 4th and bad call for Adam try 55 yard field goal.

Just a bad break for Doyle, but that would've been a first down had he held on. 

Lost of early season mistakes. Let's just hope the team continues to improve. 

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Not just him with that play. Points off Luck interception; as usual. Horrible D abd bad penalties and bad call for Adam try 55 yard field goal.

Horrible D.  Hmm...not sure which game you were looking at but it wasn't this one.  D made a few mistakes when it counted, but to say the defense was horrible is just not true.

Doyle has to secure the ball He was trying to get the first down. That's not why we lost this game. We did not get beat we lost this one and that's unacceptable. I hope that's the message in the locker room.  It should provide Reich with an opportunity to start the culture change we hear about. 

This got going in the wrong direction because of mental errors by our best players late in the 3rd  TY dropped a ball right in his hands. It was an easy catch a perfect throw.  That was quickly followed by Luck holding on to the ball and taking a sack leading to Adam V coming up short on a 54 yard attempt. Cinny got the momentum and we could never get it back. We gave this game away. 

18 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

They really peed the game away.  Should’ve been an easy win.  

It's the NFL there really is no EASY wins. Some games are just better then others. In football its simple who makes the least mistakes, usually wins.

12 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Ballard's tanking plan is working quite well. 2019 mock drafts anyone?

Gotta be able to draft well to make a so called tanking strategy work.  I’m a little less confident in his ability to do that than I was last year around this time. 

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Horrible D.  Hmm...not sure which game you were looking at but it wasn't this one.  D made a few mistakes when it counted, but to say the defense was horrible is just not true.

Ok.. Not that good. Saw via nfl ticket. U must be watching the 85 Bears d.

I'm trying to think of a worse game-deciding turnover in recent times.  

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'm trying to think of a worse game-deciding turnover in recent times.  

SB

32 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

They really peed the game away.  Should’ve been an easy win.  

There will not be any easy wins for this team.

22 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Ok.. Not that good. Saw via nfl ticket. U must be watching the 85 Bears d.

Nope.  Holding Mixon under 100 yards and Dalton to 229 ain't a bad deal.  I'll take that for this young defense.  They were very active, swarming to the ball.  Leonard had a really good game and I thought Q actually did a decent job against Green.  Yeah, the Q comment is definitely debatable.

We just made mistakes at key times of the game.  That's really what lost it for us.  We allowed them to extend drives and Andrew's turnover in the Red Zone didn't help either.  Neither did the 3 and out after they scored.

Plenty of things to correct on both sides of the ball.