Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

23 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

No one player wins or loses a game....that is a childish and simplistic statement

You can point at some very specific incidents costing the Colts the game.

Clayton's boneheaded play that would kept the lead for the Colts.

Jack Doyle not protecting the ball after his catch. No doubt Luck would have led the Colts all the way hadn't it been for that fumble.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

We were not obviously pathetic today. 

Didn't say we were obviously pathetic.  It was mentioned that once again we blew the game in the fourth quarter and the poster was told to turn in his fan card. It's not like this is the first time we've had a poor fourth quarter.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, midwest said:

Didn't say we were obviously pathetic.  It was mentioned that once again we blew the game in the fourth quarter and the poster was told to turn in his fan card. It's not like this is the first time we've had a poor fourth quarter.  

It is THIS YEAR. last year is in the past don;t matter. Its a new year. 

I don't understand why you guys so down over the first game with basically a whole new team and coaches.  We played well besides a few plays and I'm proud and excited for the season.  I hope super bowl but i Just want a competitive team improving each week with our young talent and new schemes.  WOW SMH

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's so sad to see that the team still only playing 2 quarters on a new season, It feels so bad to lose after being 23-10 lead to such a horrible team that did nothing to deserve the win.

I only hope that we won't be 12-4 on the first quarter and 4-12 by the end of the game.

Pluses from this game:

A lot of 3rd and shorts,

Luck looked good.

Play calling was mixed well.

Running game was better.

Drives were sustained.

Tough way to lose a game but so it goes. We should all be worried about the mount of pressure Luck saw today. That line just does not work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Pluses from this game:

A lot of 3rd and shorts,

Luck looked good.

Play calling was mixed well.

Running game was better.

Drives were sustained.

Tough way to lose a game but so it goes. We should all be worried about the mount of pressure Luck saw today. That line just does not work.

Haeg ducked and no consistent pass rush

Sigh.

Playoffs: Was never going to happen this season. All level heads expect a 7-9 to a 9-7 record in a solid AFC.

Play calling: With the exception of the lull at the start of the 2nd half, play calling appeared balanced and on point. The ball was coming out mostly quickly with some shots down the field. The Bengals have talent on the D, so a lull was frankly expected once they could get a look at what the Colts were trying to do. We also witnessed the most points scored by the Colts in the 1st half of a game since Luck joined the Colts. Grant was good, TY was efficient for the most part (The Ghost OPI not withstanding). Doyel was making plays late until he didnt. Hynes was flashing great as well in his role. This O will be borderline great IMO by season's end, sans injuries.

The D showed a lot today, good and bad. We flashed great especially in the 1st half, and then some simple bone-headed mistakes by youth. We created pressure, and turnovers. We then had guys taking bad angles, horse collars, and PI seemingly all at once.

I hate losing. I hate losing more than I love winning. That said, I believe we see growth here which is all we could really ask for. This is a positive step for the Colts, which I can embrace

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, midwest said:

Until they start doing the same stuff as years past.

I'm assuming your saying the same thing to the guys who hope Luck returns to his past glory?

Yea Luck looked like Luck. He still has work to do. He for sure isnt Done.