Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread

1 minute ago, 18to87 said:

What an annoying game. Hilton should have caught that deep ball and they would still be ahead. 

He a very good receiver (our best), but it's plays like that that keep him out of elite status.

Is it just me or its the same ole thing that they don't know there are 2 halves to play?  Difdernt coacjes, new players, same ole crap.

1 minute ago, James said:

Clayton Geathers cost the Colts the game.

No one player wins or loses a game....that is a childish and simplistic statement

1 minute ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I think we can all stop with the Bob Sanders/ Geathers comparison. Dude is not impressing today. 

.......but is he injured yet?

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

If Quincy got called how is that not PI when Kirkpatrick never even looked for the ball....? Hmmmm....

I was wondering the same.

Figured our D line would really struggle to stop the run. Too bad we let go of a lot of run stopping talent this offseason. 

A guys this is the Bengals in our house and WE CAN'T BEAT THEM ????????…….. And where is the heart D ???????

2nd time out the Bengals have wasted  with the play clock running out

Just now, HOF19 said:

A guys this is the Bengals in our house and WE CAN'T BEAT THEM ????????…….. And where is the heart D ???????

there is still time....

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

2nd time out the Bengals have wasted  with the play clock running out

there is still time....

Doubtful that they are going to need the time outs, but you never know.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Where I am going with it is that you cannot extrapolate that reasoning as black and white and apply it to the NFL like apples to apples. If LSU's talent were No.1 worthy, Utah State in 2018 could have been a Top 30 team talent wise but barely a Top 80 team in 2019, talent wise. That level of talent disparity does not exist in the NFL, where even the worst team is somewhat competitive, though not at key moments to make enough plays to win enough.   It would be like asking Andrew Luck playing with a new O-line and WRs made out of CFL practice squad guys at best the next year, and Luck's play would plummet and he would be forced to take more chances to win thus leading to more mistakes as well. Every elite QB needs some weapons around him worth something, and unlike the NFL where the elite QB has the luxury of a little more continuity and stability of offensive systems or at least 60-70% of guys returning, that is not a luxury a college team has, let alone Utah State.   Besides, even Joe Burrow is not a generational prospect to say he could be elite. You don't get elite overnight even if you are Peyton Manning. It takes years of chemistry and continuity to get to a good floor. The college game is not the same to say "elite here in college translates to elite here in the NFL". That is flawed thinking and extrapolation. If you still agree to disagree, be my guest.  
    • To me it’s not a question. They are looking at this draft. They want him to help groom a QB. He could only play a year so drafting a QB in 2021 wouldn’t make sense. 
    • It's not as though they played LSU every game, Chad, so I'm not exactly sure where you were going with it.  I believe they played two ranked opponents each of the past two seasons.  The point is when the talent around him dropped, his play plummeted and the team sank.  If you're looking for an elite, franchise QB, that's not a good sign.  
    • No.   It’s hard to think of anyone that we’re overpaying?   Much of the team are on rookie contracts.   The rest are former free agents so their contracts somewhat reflect the free agent market.   Do you have anyone in mind?
  • Members

• #12.

#12. 1,771

• Khoops

Khoops 0

Rookie
    • NannyMcafee

NannyMcafee 1,628

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 1,188

• Chloe6124

Chloe6124 6,645