LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread

First we just lost at home to the Bengals and second …..there IS no worse 4th quarter defense in the ENTIRE NFL then the one that calls Indianapolis home...…… FIX THIS DANG IT !!!!!......Arrgg      I'M OUT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

lol.... well that one stung. 

Tons of positives to be taken from this game , but ..... damn

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Hard loss....we led 23-10, right?

Yeah thats some Pagano era ish right there.  Lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

It is THIS YEAR. last year is in the past don;t matter. Its a new year. 

Until they start doing the same stuff as years past.

I'm assuming your saying the same thing to the guys who hope Luck returns to his past glory?

I don't understand why you guys so down over the first game with basically a whole new team and coaches.  We played well besides a few plays and I'm proud and excited for the season.  I hope super bowl but i Just want a competitive team improving each week with our young talent and new schemes.  WOW SMH

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's so sad to see that the team still only playing 2 quarters on a new season, It feels so bad to lose after being 23-10 lead to such a horrible team that did nothing to deserve the win.

I only hope that we won't be 12-4 on the first quarter and 4-12 by the end of the game.

• Sad 1

Pluses from this game:

A lot of 3rd and shorts,

Luck looked good.

Play calling was mixed well.

Running game was better.

Drives were sustained.

Tough way to lose a game but so it goes. We should all be worried about the mount of pressure Luck saw today. That line just does not work.

• Like 1

Very winnable game, right up to the final 40 seconds.  Their body language in the 4th though.  They're not expecting to win.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, midwest said:

Didn't say we were obviously pathetic.  It was mentioned that once again we blew the game in the fourth quarter and the poster was told to turn in his fan card. It's not like this is the first time we've had a poor fourth quarter.  

I was referring to the other poster..

6 minutes ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

how are we gonna make the playoffs?

I read that of the 16 teams that go 0 - 1, an average of only 4 - 5 of those make it to the playoffs. So it is not an easy task, especially for a young team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Pluses from this game:

A lot of 3rd and shorts,

Luck looked good.

Play calling was mixed well.

Running game was better.

Drives were sustained.

Tough way to lose a game but so it goes. We should all be worried about the mount of pressure Luck saw today. That line just does not work.

Haeg ducked and no consistent pass rush

Sigh.

Playoffs: Was never going to happen this season. All level heads expect a 7-9 to a 9-7 record in a solid AFC.

Play calling: With the exception of the lull at the start of the 2nd half, play calling appeared balanced and on point. The ball was coming out mostly quickly with some shots down the field. The Bengals have talent on the D, so a lull was frankly expected once they could get a look at what the Colts were trying to do. We also witnessed the most points scored by the Colts in the 1st half of a game since Luck joined the Colts. Grant was good, TY was efficient for the most part (The Ghost OPI not withstanding). Doyel was making plays late until he didnt. Hynes was flashing great as well in his role. This O will be borderline great IMO by season's end, sans injuries.

The D showed a lot today, good and bad. We flashed great especially in the 1st half, and then some simple bone-headed mistakes by youth. We created pressure, and turnovers. We then had guys taking bad angles, horse collars, and PI seemingly all at once.

I hate losing. I hate losing more than I love winning. That said, I believe we see growth here which is all we could really ask for. This is a positive step for the Colts, which I can embrace

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, midwest said:

Until they start doing the same stuff as years past.

I'm assuming your saying the same thing to the guys who hope Luck returns to his past glory?

Yea Luck looked like Luck. He still has work to do. He for sure isnt Done. 

They did force a few turnovers, but outside of that, the D was pretty bad.  With that pass rush, a good QB will eat them alive.

• Like 1

Random stats:

Andrew Luck finished with 73% completion percentage and threw for over 300 yards.

Dalton threw for 75% completion percentage. We obviously did not affect him one bit. 

Mixon ran for 5.6 ypc. while Jordan Wilkins ran for 2.9 ypc. The O-line was very ineffective in the run game, and I predict this will be a problem all season.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I read that of the 16 teams that go 0 - 1, an average of only 4 - 5 of those make it to the playoffs. So it is not an easy task, especially for a young team.

That's a misleading statistic.  If 4-5 of the teams that go 0-1 make the playoffs, then that means that 7-8 of the 16 teams that go 1-0 make the playoffs.  So losing your first game cuts your chances in half.  Considering that you generally have to go at least 10-6 to make the playoffs (sometimes you get in at 9-7 or 8-8), of course it is more likely that a playoff team will win their first game than lose it.  That should be expected.  The statistic gives the impression that the first game is somehow more important than the other games, though.  It isn't.  If you were to compile statistics for the second game of the season, I'm sure you would come to a similar result.  The 16 teams that win the second game of the season are more likely to make the playoffs than the 16 teams that lose the second game of the season.  I'm sure the same is true for the 3rd game, the 4th game, etc.  Once you get to the last three or four games of the season, the statistics probably start to deviate because teams rest starters, etc.  The only reason that the first game is more important is for morale purposes.  A team that wins its first game will feel better and play more confidently going into Week 2 than a team that loses its first game.  In the standings, though, the first game is no more important than any other game.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If Doyle holds it..we'd have won

And yet anyone with a brain knows that isn't true.  The odds were long.  

Doyle ran a fine route, made a solid catch, and put the ball away.
Unfortunately, the defender hit him hard and on the money to make his own Great play.
  This is for the group of whiner's on board  today.  You :censored::P

1 hour ago, JCPatriot said:

That's a misleading statistic.  If 4-5 of the teams that go 0-1 make the playoffs, then that means that 7-8 of the 16 teams that go 1-0 make the playoffs.  So losing your first game cuts your chances in half.  Considering that you generally have to go at least 10-6 to make the playoffs (sometimes you get in at 9-7 or 8-8), of course it is more likely that a playoff team will win their first game than lose it.  That should be expected.  The statistic gives the impression that the first game is somehow more important than the other games, though

I didn't, and maybe it doesn't give importance, it just reveals what has happened in NFL history. Past performance does indicate future performance.. YMMV... OTOH...

It isn't.  If you were to compile statistics for the second game of the season, I'm sure you would come to a similar result.  The 16 teams that win the second game of the season are more likely to make the playoffs than the 16 teams that lose the second game of the season. 

Now you need to compile statistics for 0-2 teams, vs. 1-1 teams and 2-0 teams.  Not each game in insolation.

I'm sure the same is true for the 3rd game, the 4th game, etc.  Once you get to the last three or four games of the season, the statistics probably start to deviate because teams rest starters, etc.  The only reason that the first game is more important is for morale purposes.  A team that wins its first game will feel better and play more confidently going into Week 2 than a team that loses its first game. 

Well, I feel it is also important to lead your rivals, and not chase them.

In the standings, though, the first game is no more important than any other game.

In and of themselves, true.    But losing it possibly could mean an early indication your team just isn't very good as well, thus the reduce chance for playoffs as well.  What do you speculate about only around 25% of teams 0-1 in the NFL history making the playoffs vs. 50% of 1-0 teams making the playoffs?

On 9/9/2018 at 8:06 AM, DraftMaster said:

I think this game will be like the Packers game in 2012 where it was an emotional game for the team due to Pagano's cancer so they fell behind early but then came back and won the game. Now in 2018 I think things will be emotional for the players for seeing Andrew Luck back. Gimme the Colts 30-27 in a great comeback fashion, just like the game against the Packers in 2012.

So pumped for this game GO COLTS!:rock:

What is unbelievable is, you should've been right. Had Doyle not fumbled we probably would've won 30-27. We would've had 1st and 10 at the 18 had Doyle not fumbled, probability of winning at that point was around 75%.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is unbelievable is, you should've been right. Had Doyle not fumbled we probably would've won 30-27. We would've had 1st and 10 at the 18 had Doyle not fumbled, probability of winning at that point was around 75%.

Woah, I didn't realize that...Well that makes me feel 6.2% better. On to Washington!

• Like 1