Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Depth Chart

stitches

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

It was interesting that they went away from Hines from both PR and KR duties

If you watch any of his highlight reel from college, the kid had some nice runs......

I havent seen a glimmer of any of this so far.........................

Kick return was a bit of a shock but not punt return.  I think he only did like 3 or 4 punt returns in college and he proved in the preseason game he is not good at field punts.  

I was more surprised they have Rogers as the primary KR and PR rather than Pascal though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Without any pass rush, and suspect CB's how can the Colts be anything but horrible? 

Umm......  I almost always let posts like these pass.....

as I think this board is WAY too negative.......

I would be surprised if there wasnt at least a thread a day, where someone is "PILE-DRIVING" on you because YOU are so dang NEGATIVE

Its always an ugly transaction it seems

But seriously, are you a Colts fan??  If everything is so bad..... root for the Patriots.... they win a lot of games

Part of being a fan is hoping for the best,

IMHO.... THE Colts will not be a HORRIBLE team

The Colts will NOT be a SB team..... I dont think they will make it to the playoffs... This year

But the ODDS are, with Luck, we at least will be 3-4 games with more wins than last year......

thats not a stretch of the imagination

Life is too short to look for problems.....  Just sayen

I hope you have a good day!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would be surprised if there wasnt at least a thread a day, where someone is "PILE-DRIVING" on you because YOU are so dang NEGATIVE

But seriously, are you a Colts fan??  If everything is so bad..... root for the Patriots.... they win a lot of games

The Colts will NOT be a SB team..... I dont think they will make it to the playoffs... This year

But the ODDS are, with Luck, we at least will be 3-4 games with more wins than last year......

Very well said.

59 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

It's bizarre.  So many on here are incredibly negative and hyper-critical in regards to their own team, but they are more than happy to ignore all the holes and just can't vocalize enough optimism on mediocre, flawed, unaccomplished teams/franchises like the Houston Texans.

If we are talking about the defense, there is no reason to be optimistic. It would be one thing if we traded for Khalil Mack, but predictably, we did nothing. The defense has exactly zero players that scare anybody. I have been a Colts fan for a very long time, and I have seen this story before. Maybe if the group plays as a team, the defense will be decent. Wrong answer. You need difference makers to stop anybody

49 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

If we are talking about the defense, there is no reason to be optimistic. 

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Brother Colt Fan......  Again, if we were both at a bar, and you had on a Colts jersey, I'd probably buy you a beer....

"There is no reason to be optimistic"  This is an example of complete pessimism

We have two decent safeties that are coming back this year......

Many of the NFL "talking heads" are optimistic that these 2 will help our defense 

I have questions about our LBs, but I have to say that I am optimistic how Leonard played during preseason......  We didnt have playmakers at LB last year...... now we have one (Optimistically)

The DL?  I have questions about our DEs getting to the QB, But I am optimistic that we will see a push up the middle from our DTs (As we saw during preseason) We had NO push last year, up the middle

The team speed on defense has taken a big jump from last year.   This is smaller, faster guys, that people will run on, But SHOULD be much harder to score in the red zone on.

Again.... do I think we are going to the SB??? NO

Do we have a decent chance to improve over last year..... Oh yeah

Coming to seemingly EVERY thread and putting a negative spin on it, HAS to get boring at some point ... Right???

You seem to enjoy getting negative attention....... I don't understand

Its football....  ITS FOR ENTERTAINMENT........ Its not life

Take care

12 hours ago, krunk said:

May or may not happen. I do think he's a nickel back, but he's got some of Tim Jennings type ability. I believe Jennings was the same type of 5ft  9in stature. Nobody thought Jennings could play when he was with the Colts. However he went on to make a name for himself with the Bears in the same scheme on the outside and in the slot I believe.

Wilson is 6'1"

On 9/4/2018 at 3:20 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

Now that Haeg is a starter (probably only for a short time??), if he and Kelly go down at the same time...I guess we re-sign Bond??

I guess since Vuj is now gone that's less of a possibility of happening, though, ha.

Who needs a backup center? Especially a center in Bond who has C experience. It's not like we are using an OT at C. Right???

5 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

If we are talking about the defense, there is no reason to be optimistic. It would be one thing if we traded for Khalil Mack, but predictably, we did nothing. The defense has exactly zero players that scare anybody. I have been a Colts fan for a very long time, and I have seen this story before. Maybe if the group plays as a team, the defense will be decent. Wrong answer. You need difference makers to stop anybody

I'll give you one difference maker...FS Malik Hooker when healthy is a very good football player.

12 hours ago, Introspect said:

This is true but he is better suited for slot....Hopefully the coaching staff can play to his strength. Rogers is a player that will work better outside....Just my opinion since I'm no expert.:hat:

Im by no means an expert, and I certainly don’t know as of yet what skill set Grant possesses so he certainly may be better suited for the slot. I personally prefer Rogers there truthfully his quickness is dangerous out of the slot, I think he will have a big year if healthy.

4 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Who cares if Bond has experience....he sucks.  We don't need players on the team who suck.....end of story.

So Bond is so horrible at C that we chose Haeg to replace him at C. And Haeg is so good that we kept an injured Denzelle Good to replace/backup Haeg? makes sense now?

So when Kelly went down last year, Who played C? was it not Bond? or was it Haeg? lol 

13 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

I'll give you one difference maker...FS Malik Hooker when healthy is a very good football player.

I think Leonard will prove to be a difference maker here pretty quick and Turay has the physical tools too if he can stay healthy. We potentially could have a guy on each level. 

10 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

So Bond is so horrible at C that we chose Haeg to replace him at C. And Haeg is so good that we kept an injured Denzelle Good to replace/backup Haeg? makes sense now?

So when Kelly went down last year, Who played C? was it not Bond? or was it Haeg? lol 

None of this changes the fact that Bond isn't any good.

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

None of this changes the fact that Bond isn't any good.

Have you seen Haeg snap the ball from Center with the soft, under hand like touch. By the time the ball gets to the QB's hand, The defender is looking eye to eye with the QB. This was a bad move. I would rather have a capable Center, than to have someone who's natural position is OT play C.

This reminds me of the AQ Shipley cut that we regretted later on (I know that CB was not the GM at the time). So lets not have a true Fullback, nor capable backup C. For FB (Even though we just signed one) lets use a TE, and for backup C lets use the "Starting RT". Its not like Bond doesn't have any experience starting at C because he did last year and did a swell job at it.

In the games Bond has played in 2017, the Colts are 3-1. I dont care what rabbit Bond had to pull out of a hat, Ill take results from a backup who helps make the team 3-1 any day. This was a bad cut. Hopefully we get him back before he's picked up by....The Patriots! 

12 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

haeg is more of a guard, but he can back up the center and RT spots

they kept him over bond because he plays more positions, the snapping issue was noticeable but they can fix that 

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they kept him over bond because he plays more positions, the snapping issue was noticeable but they can fix that 

So if Haeg is more of a OG, then why is he the starting OT? and why is he the backup Center also? without being named an OG? This makes no sense unless you say, Being that the Colts do not have an adequate starting OT and have holes in other positions which require many additional backups, combined with the fact that we can only keep 53 players, Bond had to go. I'm not buying that Bond is not a good or serviceable C. 

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Have you seen Haeg snap the ball from Center with the soft, under hand like touch. By the time the ball gets to the QB's hand, The defender is looking eye to eye with the QB. This was a bad move. I would rather have a capable Center, than to have someone who's natural position is OT play C.

This reminds me of the AQ Shipley cut that we regretted later on (I know that CB was not the GM at the time). So lets not have a true Fullback, nor capable backup C. For FB (Even though we just signed one) lets use a TE, and for backup C lets use the "Starting RT". Its not like Bond doesn't have any experience starting at C because he did last year and did a swell job at it.

In the games Bond has played in 2017, the Colts are 3-1. I dont care what rabbit Bond had to pull out of a hat, Ill take results from a backup who helps make the team 3-1 any day. This was a bad cut. Hopefully we get him back before he's picked up by....The Patriots! 

Come Haeg can't be that bad at C or the coaches wouldn't play him there. If he is Slauson can and has played C on Sundays. He's the second best C on the team There won't  be an issue at C. 

It wasn't a horrible move that anyone will regret to cut Bond  He's a 6'1 299lbs pure pivot that was maybe the 3rd C on the roster. He's going to have a hard time catching on anywhere as just a back up C. Position is important. Look at our roster we don't have a player on the OL who just plays one spot.

The Bond situation was nothing like Shipley. Shipley was a stupid move in a long line of stupid moves by that other guy. Ship not only could play G he was the best C we had on the roster. The only things those things have in common is a guy got cut. 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

Haeg played T in college and that's his best spot in the pro's. He may make a career of being jack of many trades but if he's ever going to be a starter it'll be at RT.  He's more athletic then strong. He lacks the anchor to move inside full time. I'm interested to see what he can do with a solid G inside next to him. 

This roster hasn't had a solid starting G not named Mewhort in a minute. Remember Vujo playing at LG all year? Haeg and Good have filled in prior to that Thornton was in and out. Thats why we blew the whole draft wasted picks etc by taking 2 starting caliber G's so early. We now have the guys so Luck doesn't continue to live with pressure in his face every time he drops back. Solid play inside will help both T's too. 

The depth chart is unofficial. If something happened to Kelly and the staff took 5 minutes to think about it my guess is Slauson moves to C and Smith to RG. That makes the most since. Smith and Slauson are battling for RG so moving the other guy in should be easy enough and Slauson has been solid at C when he's played there on Sundays. Let's hope Kelly stays healthy and we don't have to start anyone else at C. 

how can kenny moore be better than quincy wilson, there's no potential in moore wilson could be a good player. Nate hairston i feel makes sense, he played good last year and i think can become a good slot corner in the future maybe we rush him at the qb some times idk. Give the 2nd rounder a chance to make plays.

5 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

If Bond were any good, he'd be employed right now.

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

Come Haeg can't be that bad at C or the coaches wouldn't play him there. If he is Slauson can and has played C on Sundays. He's the second best C on the team There won't  be an issue at C. 

It wasn't a horrible move that anyone will regret to cut Bond  He's a 6'1 299lbs pure pivot that was maybe the 3rd C on the roster. He's going to have a hard time catching on anywhere as just a back up C. Position is important. Look at our roster we don't have a player on the OL who just plays one spot.

The Bond situation was nothing like Shipley. Shipley was a stupid move in a long line of stupid moves by that other guy. Ship not only could play G he was the best C we had on the roster. The only things those things have in common is a guy got cut. 

Haeg played T in college and that's his best spot in the pro's. He may make a career of being jack of many trades but if he's ever going to be a starter it'll be at RT.  He's more athletic then strong. He lacks the anchor to move inside full time. I'm interested to see what he can do with a solid G inside next to him. 

This roster hasn't had a solid starting G not named Mewhort in a minute. Remember Vujo playing at LG all year? Haeg and Good have filled in prior to that Thornton was in and out. Thats why we blew the whole draft wasted picks etc by taking 2 starting caliber G's so early. We now have the guys so Luck doesn't continue to live with pressure in his face every time he drops back. Solid play inside will help both T's too. 

The depth chart is unofficial. If something happened to Kelly and the staff took 5 minutes to think about it my guess is Slauson moves to C and Smith to RG. That makes the most since. Smith and Slauson are battling for RG so moving the other guy in should be easy enough and Slauson has been solid at C when he's played there on Sundays. Let's hope Kelly stays healthy and we don't have to start anyone else at C. 

This is exactly what would happen.

46 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

If Bond were any good, he'd be employed right now.

That's not 100% true.  Bond did really well last year filling in for Kelly, he had great movement skills and worked really well in a zone scheme.  But he was right at the bottom of acceptable strength for an NFL lineman and with his quad injury from last year, I think that pushed him below the acceptable strength level for an NFL lineman.  I guess one could say because he doesn't have the needed strength he's not any good and it's valid to a point but he was good before his injury.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

how can kenny moore be better than quincy wilson, there's no potential in moore wilson could be a good player. Nate hairston i feel makes sense, he played good last year and i think can become a good slot corner in the future maybe we rush him at the qb some times idk. Give the 2nd rounder a chance to make plays.

Well you have a much different opinion of Moore then Belichick and NE's staff and Ballard and the our staff. All those guys seem to think Moore has some potential. It looks like he's won a starting spot at least to begin the season. Really there is no potential? There is a lot of evidence indicating otherwise. 

What makes Moore a better player then Q right now? He does whatever it takes to get on the field. Q has had trouble figuring that out. This is a new staff so slates are wiped clean. If Q continues watching from the sideline it is time to consider has some maturity problems. 

I hope that isn't the case. He has flashed when he's played and we need a guy to step up and be the CB1. It'll be interesting to see how we work the CB rotation. Will the depth chart hold it's form or will Desir slide back into a starting role vs Cinny? How much will we see of Q? Who comes in for nickel? Does Moore slide inside? Can Pipkins work his way into the mix from the PS? Milton out of nowhere find reps?  

The CB group seems to still be wide open. I think we see quite a few different looks before the roles are set week in and out. I think most everyone is hoping Q steps up and takes that CB1 spot. Then ideally Hairston ends up opposite him and Moore settles in as the nickel. It's not often things end ideally we shall see how this shakes out

On 9/4/2018 at 8:47 PM, Douzer said:

I actually like a lot of what I see. After some additional study, I think they have a few guys on the practice squad that are potential upgrades. They'll know a lot more about them in the next couple of weeks as they practice them in. Lenzy Pipkins (CB), Jihad Ward (DT) & Jamil Douglas (G) if he can play (G/C) are 3 that could possibly come up and address some of the oddities in the 53.

As i said here /\ Pipkins and Ward probably get called up. Douglas can't play G/C so he's gone. Still need to find a viable G/C

On 9/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, MikeCurtis said:

Brother Colt Fan......  Again, if we were both at a bar, and you had on a Colts jersey, I'd probably buy you a beer....

"There is no reason to be optimistic"  This is an example of complete pessimism

We have two decent safeties that are coming back this year......

Many of the NFL "talking heads" are optimistic that these 2 will help our defense 

I have questions about our LBs, but I have to say that I am optimistic how Leonard played during preseason......  We didnt have playmakers at LB last year...... now we have one (Optimistically)

The DL?  I have questions about our DEs getting to the QB, But I am optimistic that we will see a push up the middle from our DTs (As we saw during preseason) We had NO push last year, up the middle

The team speed on defense has taken a big jump from last year.   This is smaller, faster guys, that people will run on, But SHOULD be much harder to score in the red zone on.

Again.... do I think we are going to the SB??? NO

Do we have a decent chance to improve over last year..... Oh yeah

Coming to seemingly EVERY thread and putting a negative spin on it, HAS to get boring at some point ... Right???

You seem to enjoy getting negative attention....... I don't understand

Its football....  ITS FOR ENTERTAINMENT........ Its not life

Take care

It's just a plea for attention.  He reminds me of my ex-girlfriend in high school who always threatened to kill herself whenever we had a disagreement.