Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 Preseason First Quarter Scoring

King Colt

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Seattle 3 points

Baltimore 3 points

49ers 0 points

Cincy 0 points

Hope this is not a sign of another come from behind season. Oh, that's right it's just preseason when nothing matters. 

When your starting QB, WRs, RBs, etc only play a quarter or a quarter and a half, it doesn't matter. It's not exactly fair to say our team sucks when the starters were only in the game for a few series.

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Seattle 3 points

Baltimore 3 points

49ers 0 points

Cincy 0 points

Hope this is not a sign of another come from behind season. Oh, that's right it's just preseason when nothing matters. 

Eagles got SHUTOUT in the dress rehearsal 

Do you think they’re panicking in Philly? Doubt it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Seattle 3 points

Baltimore 3 points

49ers 0 points

Cincy 0 points

I think it is and you should probably not watch the games, it will just be upsetting for you.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Seattle 3 points

Baltimore 3 points

49ers 0 points

Cincy 0 points

Doesn't matter at all. First quarters heavily depend on game planning. Many times the first (first few) drives are scripted. 

I am not saying, the Colts will be good, nor saying they will be bad in first quarters. I'm just saying, it will highly & mostly depend on the quality of game planning. Which is a non-factor in preseason games.

7 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

Doesn't matter at all. First quarters heavily depend on game planning. Many times the first (first few) drives are scripted. 

I am not saying, the Colts will be good, nor saying they will be bad in first quarters. I'm just saying, it will highly & mostly depend on the quality of game planning. Which is a non-factor in preseason games.

So the repeated yearly trend of zero performance in the first part of the game is of no concern in training camp,practice, scrimmages and preseason? They should wait until the bell sounds before they address their shortcomings. Great idea!! Don't worry, be happy.

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

So the repeated yearly trend of zero performance in the first part of the game is of no concern in training camp,practice, scrimmages and preseason? They should wait until the bell sounds before they address their shortcomings. Great idea!! Don't worry, be happy.

Sorry? The question was if we should be concerned about the low scores or no scores in the first quarters of preseason games. My answer was we shouldn't. Because that has nothing to do to how good this team will be in regular season games. The Eagles went scoreles, the Patriots scored 3 points in their dress rehersal game in the entire first half. Is there anyone who seriously think this has ANYTHING to do to how they will look in real games? You see teams go 4:0 in the preseason, then finish well below 0.500, and you see teams finishing 1:3 or 0:4 in the preseason, and then playing in january.

I'm not sure how you mean "they". If "they" means us, fans, then yes. Since this is a new staff, we can't do much better than "wait until the bell sounds", and see how this new staff handles things. If you mean them, coaches, then obviously, no, they should not sit on their a...es. I assume they don't.