Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Waiver Wire/Player Cuts Tracker Thread


LucasOilStadium
 Share

Recommended Posts

Vikings' cuts so far (these were the easy ones to make):

 

WR Cayleb Jones 
WR Korey Robertson
WR Jake Wieneke
QB Peter Pujals
LB Antwione Williams (many of us thought he would make the team)
G Kaleb Jones
G Kareem Are
T Dieugot Joseph
CB Trevon Mathis
RB Kobe McCray
FB Luke McNitt
LB Mike Needham
C JP Quinn
LB Brett Taylor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't know them enough to give informed opinion. I liked Holton Hill a lot in the draft... how has he been? Roc Thomas could be a RB claim for some RB deprived team 

 

You need a WR? The Vikes released Tavares King, WR. He played for the Giants last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Vikings' cuts so far (these were the easy ones to make):

 

WR Cayleb Jones 
WR Korey Robertson
WR Jake Wieneke
QB Peter Pujals
LB Antwione Williams (many of us thought he would make the team)
G Kaleb Jones
G Kareem Are
T Dieugot Joseph
CB Trevon Mathis
RB Kobe McCray
FB Luke McNitt
LB Mike Needham
C JP Quinn
LB Brett Taylor

I guess Minnesota was done with Jones since they could have held onto him through his PED suspension 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I guess Minnesota was done with Jones since they could have held onto him through his PED suspension 

 

He had to be cut. He was a practice squad player who was recently charged with domestic violence. In addition, he and his brother Zay Jones of the Buffalo Bills were in the news a few months ago for some other issue. We don't need that distraction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NFLfan said:

 

He had to be cut. He was a practice squad player who was recently charged with domestic violence. In addition, he and his brother Zay Jones of Buffalo were in the news a few months ago for some other issue. We don't need that distraction. 

Agreed 

    But they could have waited since he will not count against the 53

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry @NFLfan, I'm hoping we can steal Chad Beebe from the Vikes (if they do waive him), then stash him on our Practice Squad after a week on the 53 man roster. He could be a great Wes Welker type guy for us down the road.

 

To me, this is where I will determine the Pro Personnel departments strengths/abilities.  Helping Ballard claim some better talent than we currently have for depth. We have a good claim position, let's work it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sorry @NFLfan, I'm hoping we can steal Chad Beebe from the Vikes (if they do waive him), then stash him on our Practice Squad after a week on the 53 man roster. He could be a great Wes Welker type guy for us down the road.

 

To me, this is where I will determine the Pro Personnel departments strengths/abilities.  Helping Ballard claim some better talent than we currently have for depth. We have a good claim position, let's work it.

 

Vikes fans hope we keep Chad Beebe. I think we may. May I interest you in trading for Brandon Zylstra or Stacey Coley? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed 

    But they could have waited since he will not count against the 53

 

I know what you're saying, but there is no sense in keeping an unwanted player. I liked him as a receiver but he came with too much baggage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Vikings' cuts so far (these were the easy ones to make):

 

WR Cayleb Jones 
WR Korey Robertson
WR Jake Wieneke
QB Peter Pujals
LB Antwione Williams (many of us thought he would make the team)
G Kaleb Jones
G Kareem Are
T Dieugot Joseph
CB Trevon Mathis
RB Kobe McCray
FB Luke McNitt
LB Mike Needham
C JP Quinn
LB Brett Taylor

Oh wow! Korey Robertson too? I forgot how many of my personal favorites you guys got this year. No idea how he's played in pre-season but I loved him coming out of college... I think the Colts had serious interest in him in the draft too... had multiple interviews with the Colts if I'm not mistaken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

Oh wow! Korey Robertson too? I forgot how many of my personal favorites you guys got this year. No idea how he's played in pre-season but I loved him coming out of college... I think the Colts had serious interest in him in the draft too... had multiple interviews with the Colts if I'm not mistaken. 

 

Robertson did not play much at all. I don't think I saw him once. We played a lot of Chad Beebe, Jeff Badet, and Jake Weineke as well as Laquan Treadwell. Maybe the Colts will sign Robertson. I'd like that for him.

 

Your other favorite was Hercules Mata'afa (spelling?). He got injured early in OTAs or minicamp and is on IR.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

LOL, no trades.  We'll just claim guys we are looking at  when they hit the waiver wire.  :)

 

Lol. Makes sense. I would think that the Giants, who would have first cracks at waiver wire guys, would claim players from the Vikings, given that Shurmur is familiar with most of the players. This off-season, he claimed a player that I had hoped we would keep on our 90 man roster, TE Kyle Carter.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Lol. Makes sense. I would think that the Giants, who would have first cracks at waiver wire guys, would claim players from the Vikings, given that Shurmur is familiar with most of the players. This off-season, he claimed a player that I had hoped we would keep on our 90 man roster, TE Kyle Carter.  

 

True, but it depends on what Tom Couglin the 2nd (Shurmur looks much like him in that hat on the sidelines, and a red face at times!!) feels he has on his roster.  I predict they win the division, Colts need a lot more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Vikings shocker

   Minnesota is cutting DE Brian Robinson

 

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Beebe has been cut

 

Sorry @NFLfan

 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

:Cry: Say it ain't so! Ugh. Will miss B-Rob and all he brought to us. I'm not happy about this. 

 

Beebe cut too??? Ya know the Pats will try to sign him. Hope @ColtsBlueFL nabs him for the Colts.

 

Working the phones to the Pro Player director now... get out the tape!!  Show them to CB and FR ASAP!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stitches said:

Oh wow! Korey Robertson too? I forgot how many of my personal favorites you guys got this year. No idea how he's played in pre-season but I loved him coming out of college... I think the Colts had serious interest in him in the draft too... had multiple interviews with the Colts if I'm not mistaken. 

 

Btw, Holton Hill did make the team as did former Colts DT David Parry. The latter was a surprise. I believe that you liked running backs Roc Thomas and/or Mike Boone. They both made the team, but we (fans) suspect the Vikes might look to trade Roc.

 

Terence Newman retired and joined the Vikings coaching staff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The guys have to be an improvement, a scheme fit, and know enough playbook verbiage to get the nuances of the playbook down fast in order to get on the 53 man roster over a guy that survived the cuts and already knows the playbook and the installs.  Rogers and the scouts have their work cut out to convince CB and FR of making bottom of the roster changes.  But I expect they can, and will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The guys have to be an improvement, a scheme fit, and know enough playbook verbiage to get the nuances of the playbook down fast in order to get on the 53 man roster over a guy that survived the cuts and already knows the playbook and the installs.  Rogers and the scouts have their work cut out to convince CB and FR of making bottom of the roster changes.  But I expect they can, and will.

I have a feeling some of the assistants will be brought in too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...