Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Freeney And Clark For Draft Picks

Im predicting Peyton goes to either Miami or Arizona, and if he goes to Miami they could really use both Freeney and Clark. Miami is moving to a 4-3 and Clark would be happy to continue playing with Manning.

I think we could get at least their 2nd and 3rd round picks for them, maybe more.

we cant just play with rookies. luck needs someone to throw to

I had planned on them using one of those traded draft picks for TE Coby Fleener, which may actually help more than having Clark or Wayne since Luck is already familiar with Fleener.

Yeah we need to be like the Pats and trade players who still have value and just stockpile picks.

Hopefully Garcon and Reggie follow Peyton and get us 2 extra 3rd round picks next year. Hey, the glass is half full! :)

Trading Freeney and Clark ads 10,580,000 of dead cap space to the 2012 cap.

That coupled with Manning's 10,400,000 dead cap space hit brings the total to 20,980,000 or roughly 17% of a 120,000,000 million cap. It could be lower than 120million when it is all said and done.

Cutting/trading many players will force their replacements to likely be UDFA rookies or other players making league minimum salaries.

Or how about we renegotiate Freeney's deal and keep these 2 players that have been 2 great constants on the Colts. Clark had a bad year, but I believe he will rebound with Luck. Luck loves tight ends, so the Colts need to surround him with great tight ends.

I wonder if we can trade Freeney and Clark to Miami to follow Peyton, Reggie and Jeff. The Dolphins need a better receiving TE, and a 4-3 DE. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd?

1. Andrew Luck

2. Coby Fleener

2. Kendall Reyes

3. Chris Givens

3. Casey Heyward

4. AJ Jenkins

4. Jonathan Massaquoi

5. Derek Wolfe

6. Nicolas Jean-Baptiste

6. Michael Brewster

7. Donte Paige-Moss

Sounds good to me.

FJC.. I read on pft that Isray may be making many more cuts.. they said that with PM had 16 mil Dead cap space.. and that we could use 4 mil this year and shift 12 to next year .. is this possible and do you think it would be a good move ?

I saw something about that, and I think Florio was confused.

Manning will have a 10.4 dead cap space this year and nothing next year. The only way it is spread over two years is that if the player is cut after June 1, or treated as a June 1 cut, but since the 2012 league year hasn't started, it would be impossible for Manning to be treated that way.

I wonder if we can trade Freeney and Clark to Miami to follow Peyton, Reggie and Jeff. The Dolphins need a better receiving TE, and a 4-3 DE. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd?

1. Andrew Luck, QB

2. Alfonzo Dennard, CB

2. Brandon Thompson, DT

3. Brandon Washington, OG/OT

3. Brian Quick, WR

4. Vontaze Burfict, LB

4. A.J. Jenkins, WR

5. Josh Chapman, DL

6. Kelcie McCray, SS

6. Tyler Nielsen, LB

7. Robert Blanton, CB

Sounds good to me now

1. Andrew Luck

2. Coby Fleener

2. Kendall Reyes

3. Chris Givens

3. Casey Heyward

4. AJ Jenkins

4. Jonathan Massaquoi

5. Derek Wolfe

6. Nicolas Jean-Baptiste

6. Michael Brewster

7. Donte Paige-Moss

Sounds good to me.

So many of the guys I like in here; Luck, Hayward, Jenkins, Wolfe, Brewster, Paige-Moss. Fantastic.

According to ESPN trading Freeney looks like it could actually happen.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7664912/sources-indianapolis-colts-listening-offers-dwight-freeney

What about instead of trading just Freeney for a draft pick, we pair him with our second pick and try and trade up for Poe? Do you think he has enough value to get us far enough up in the first that Poe would still be around? We could trade our best 4-3 player for our new best 3-4 player.

1. Andrew Luck

2. Coby Fleener

2. Kendall Reyes

3. Chris Givens

3. Casey Heyward

4. AJ Jenkins

4. Jonathan Massaquoi

5. Derek Wolfe

6. Nicolas Jean-Baptiste

6. Michael Brewster

7. Donte Paige-Moss

Sounds good to me.

I like AJ Jenkins, but with Givens in the 3rd I'd rather go defense with the first fourth round pick. Then give me Keshawn Martin in 5-7. Other than that, it looks great!