Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

11 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Clark, Vujnovich, and Bond end 2017 starting on the OL, and today they play the 3rd quarter of the final preseason game.  Goes to show just how bad our OL had gotten last year after all the injuries and thin veneer of talent to begin with.

On a flip note:

Mike Person, Colts lineman last year, is favored to start at RG for the 49ers. Taking over for 2016 1st round OG Barnett.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, strt182 said:

They added that crazy part of landing on the QB. 

This is what I thought as well.

Not saying its a good call, but by the words of the rule, it probably falls under that. He also drove him in the ground a little, I think. I believe that is also in the new rule.

Cant drive through and have to try and not land with all your weight on them? Something like that

REFS are ruining Football or it's Goodell actually. Might as well be Flag Football. I understand safety but these rules are ruining the game. It's Football = a contact sport and violent game, it is what it is. They have already changed so many rules protecting players over the last few years, now they are going overboard with it IMO. I am not sure I am going to enjoy watching Football this season as much as I used too.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

REFS are ruining Football or it's Goodell actually. Might as well be Flag Football. I understand safety but these rules are ruining the game. It's Football = a contact sport and violent game, it is what it is. They have already changed so many rules protecting players over the last few years, now they are going overboard with it IMO. I am not sure I am going to enjoy watching Football this season as much as I used too.

It will not be fun when these type of calls start costing teams games that count.

• Like 1

Packers fans are right. Pipkins can definitely tackle. I wondered if he already was guaranteed a spot because he wasn't playing in the game but he's out there now.

I don't know if he was traded for just to have another body at corner for this game, or if he's going to make the roster.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Packers fans are right. Pipkins can definitely tackle. I wondered if he already was guaranteed a spot because he wasn't playing in the game but he's out there now.

I don't know if he was traded for just to have another body at corner for this game, or if he's going to make the roster.

I'm thinking if he was signed just to have another body at corner then he would have played more.  Seems to me the Colts already feel like they know what they got in him and just sent him in to play a few snaps to get his feet wet before the opener.  But we will find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

On a flip note:

Mike Person, Colts lineman last year, is favored to start at RG for the 49ers. Taking over for 2016 1st round OG Barnett.

Never understood why Person was cut.  He played well when he was here.  Barnett is bad though.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That was a horrible penalty flag called on Chris McCain.  Totally ridiculous.  We aren't playing pitty pat here!  Good hit.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It's frustrating.  I understand the intent but the refs need to get a handle on this new rule.  They seem to be calling it too much. 

They always over call new rules in preseason, to get players and coaches acclimated. In season, there will be fewer (but it will still be more than previous years) called. However, I bet fines skyrocket on plays the refs don't call but the NFL reviews as a foul.  Players will learn by their wallet and a little less by yellow flag.  Watch.

51 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It will not be fun when these type of calls start costing teams games that count.

Agreed, if it is an obvious mistake. (no helmet involved first).  But if it was crown of helmet... oh well.

• Like 1