Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are YOU rooting for Game 4 VRS. Cincy?

Lawrence Owen

This is the final audition to make the 53 man roster.  Most of our definite starters aren't playing.  But 2nd and 3rd stringers are making their final push to make the team.  I'm curious who you people are rooting to make an impression with the last preseason game to make the team. Or at the very least show out and ball vrs other 2nd and 3rd stringers to show they should be considered? 

Me, personally:

#1 WR Daurice Fountain (want to see him stand out to show he's catching on to the NFL)

#2 RB Jordan Wilkins ( I know he's not getting cut, but should still play. Lets see him ball out)

#3 TE Eric Swoope (Liked him since 2 years ago,...needs to step up this game cause of our TE depth)

#4 DT Hassan Ridgeway (continue to be a force in the middle of the D-line)

#5 DE Kemoko Turay (not seen much due to injury. Want to see his 'burst-and-bend' turn into pressures and sacks)

#6 CB Lenzy Pipkins (told he was a decent corner who can tackle by GB fans....Let's see this in action)

#7 RT (anyone...someone please stand up)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Ross Travis to step up in his pursuit of being our TE3.

Many people think Travis is on the edge on the bubble.   He'd need to step up in a big way.  TE is easily our deepest group,..we're letting someone go who's playing in the NFL this year.

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Many people think Travis is on the edge on the bubble.   He'd need to step up in a big way.  TE is easily our deepest group,..we're letting someone go who's playing in the NFL this year.

If true about TE, then no doubt CB is on the phone talking to other GM’s about guys that might fit here that they will possibly cut and see if a trade can be worked out (much like Morrison - Lenzy trade).  I think there will be at least 10 more trades league wide before game 1.

• Like 1

The offensive side of the ball. I want Smith take the RG spot and Haeg to  lock down RT. Denzel Glass can't make it 25 snaps without an injury.  Haeg really needs some time at one spot. Good to the IR wouldn't shock me or  Webb and/or Burrell make glass expendable.  

I'm looking for Pascal to nail down a WR spot and hopefully Fountain. I'd love for Ishmael to join the conversation too but Williams look to have a leg up. WR is the hardest to read. Then Daniels to take the 4th TE from another injury prone guy in Swoope. Hines to show the explosiveness we've heard about. 

I'm tired of hoping Swoope and Good can stay healthy.  I feel moving on might be the play in favor of guys that can be counted on actually play.  Then on to the D. 

I'm looking for Pipkins to show he can contribute and Milton make them keep 6. Delaire needs to continue his stellar play making it impossible to cut him. I'd like to see Basham do something to earn his spot. Adams needs a good showing.  It wouldn't shock me to see Walker put on the IR. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I see Swoope as the odd man out

He very well could be.  He and Travis are neck and neck IMO.  I'm rooting for Swoope because home grown and have seen flashes, but not many targets. Either way, we'll loose talent.

41 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If true about TE, then no doubt CB is on the phone talking to other GM’s about guys that might fit here that they will possibly cut and see if a trade can be worked out (much like Morrison - Lenny trade).  I think there will be at least 10 more trades league wide before game 1.

I thought about this as well. Best get something out of nothing, rather than just drop talent because of no room.

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrence Owen said:

He very well could be.  He and Travis are neck and neck IMO.  I'm rooting for Swoope because home grown and have seen flashes, but not many targets. Either way, we'll loose talent.

Swoope had his chance

After seeing the snaps they received against SF the only reason ES is still here is the change in cut down rules

10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Swoope had his chance

After seeing the snaps they received against SF the only reason ES is still here is the change in cut down rules

Not saying you are wrong...As i said, you may be right.  But Kevin Bowen Also thinks Travis might be the one out the door.

But who knows what goes on behind the doors of Cris and Franks meetings. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Not saying you are wrong...As i said, you may be right.  But Kevin Bowen Also thinks Travis might be the one out the door.

He only has 3 I believe 4 could be kept 

He doesn’t have ES making it either unless JD or EE is being cut

See my 53 man thread

I want everyone to play to the best of their ability in hopes that they will find another job if they become waived or released.

A few players I will keep my eye on:

- Zach Pascal

- Phillip Walker

- Rakeem Nunez-Roches

- Henre' Toliver

- Ryan Delaire

As Pacergeek said, going to be looking at Turay, Lewis, and Basham. Was hoping we'd be clicking on all cylinders by now with the d-line, and that hasn't been the case. Let them play together, see if any of the three stand out. 

Also looking at the RB situation. Wilkins and Hines mostly to see if Wilkins can prove himself to start or get reps week 1 if Mack is out or hurt still, and Hines to see if he can make the team, and hopefully have a week 4 turnaround so Coach Reich can have some faith in him for week 1 for us. 

Other than that, I'm just hoping some players can step up that are on the roster bubble and put on a good performance. Sacks, INT's, Forced Fumbles are all welcome.

I want to see good showing from the third tier receivers. I want to feel comfortable about keeping someone from that group because right now I don't. 

I want Haeg to look good at RT and I want Braden to look good at RG. I want Braden to take the starting spot. 

I want Wilkins to take a hold of the starting spot too, in case Mack is not ready for week 1. 

I want to see the new CB Lenzy Pipkins do well. 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I want to see good showing from the third tier receivers. I want to feel comfortable about keeping someone from that group because right now I don't. 

I want Haeg to look good at RT and I want Braden to look good at RG. I want Braden to take the starting spot. 

I want Wilkins to take a hold of the starting spot too, in case Mack is not ready for week 1. 

I want to see the new CB Lenzy Pipkins do well. 

I like Pipkins. He's not some scrub that was just going to be cut because he stinks and we made a swap, morrison for him. There was a logjam at CB for the Packers, and we may of gotten a good player. I'll keep an eye on him as well. He seems to play hard and has good ability.

48 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I like Pipkins. He's not some scrub that was just going to be cut because he stinks and we made a swap, morrison for him. There was a logjam at CB for the Packers, and we may of gotten a good player. I'll keep an eye on him as well. He seems to play hard and has good ability.

That is what I heard from majority of Packers fans as well.  Most are even excited about getting Morrison...A run stopper. They really don't care that he can't cover,..as long as he's a tackler.  This seems like the best trade in some time. being a win-win for both  clubs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I hope not.

Hang on to the 4-5 TEs that actually belong in the NFL, and cut all but the top 4 of that garbage WR group Ballard has assembled.

I'd rather have Ross Travis on the team at TE as opposed to keeping some nobody who doesn't belong on an NFL roster like Zach Pascal or Steve Ishmael......who would only be on the team to fill out the 5 WR spots you are conventially supposed to have.