Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard!

hambone35

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

First I could care less what the supposed draft experts say. 

Second Leonard again had first round production and first ability.  No question regardless of the biases people have for schools.

Third Josh Jackson may have had 1st round tape but he did not have first round ability.  Everything about him was less than first round. 

Landry I will concede.

Too say from what we have seen in 2 preseason games that they are the better players speaks to me as one who hasn't actually watched the other 2 players and just looking at stats.  I'll just leave it at that. 

I’ve watched every preseason game so far, at least the first halfs. And they seemed much more dominant against the other teams’ starters than Leonard. It sounds like you haven’t watched them and are just one of those homers. Ask anyone who follows the nfl closely and isn’t a colts fan, and they’ll tell you who the better players have been in the small sample size. 

12 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I like Leonard but still wish we would have taken josh Jackson and Harold Landry with the first 2 2nd round picks then Leonard with our last pick in the 2nd. 

I believe in draft night, or shortly after, Ballard said he didn’t think Leonard would last beyond where we took him 36/37.   

That he wouldn’t have lasted to 52 where we took Turay or 64 where we took Lewis.    Right now Ballard is looking pretty smart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

All our LBs (including Leonard) got pushed around in the first half of the 49ers game.

Skai Moore was especially terrible.

Teams like the Patriots, Steelers etc., when the run game is going well, they pass to keep the run alive, they will continue pounding the rock. We have had enough of the "being run down the throat" sagas. I am not looking forward to any deja vu from the Dungy days. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe in draft night, or shortly after, Ballard said he didn’t think Leonard would last beyond where we took him 36/37.   

That he wouldn’t have lasted to 52 where we took Turay or 64 where we took Lewis.    Right now Ballard is looking pretty smart.

True. I remember Polian getting Hayden in Round 2, Angerer in Round 2 and was scratching my head then. Over time, I realized that sometimes a player's value for our system far exceeds his value for another defensive system and Leonard's fit in this D is really good. Combine that with his base talent, we now see why Ballard chose him where he chose him. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Teams like the Patriots, Steelers etc., when the run game is going well, they pass to keep the run alive, they will continue pounding the rock. We have had enough of the "being run down the throat" sagas. I am not looking forward to any deja vu from the Dungy days. 

While our LBs seem to be well suited in coverage, I am beginning to worry if we have any with good run stuffing abilities? 

Leonard seems like he may develop into a quality starter. However, of the others, (Moore, Goode, Franklin, George and Adams) none have shown enough to warrant anymore than backup LB roster positions to this point.

I have been rather disappointed with the LBs and run defense thus far and worry about the long, sustained drives our opponents will control time of possession with.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

While our LBs seem to be well suited in coverage, I am beginning to worry if we have any with good run stuffing abilities? 

Leonard seems like he may develop into a quality starter. However, of the others, (Moore, Goode, Franklin, George and Adams) none have shown enough to warrant anymore than backup LB roster positions to this point.

I have been rather disappointed with the LBs and run defense thus far and worry about the long, sustained drives our opponents will control time of possession with.

Run stuffing typically starts with the DL. The DL forcing a stalemate helps the LBs finish the job. It could very well be a function of our DLs not beating 1-on-1s and not demanding many double teams as well that could reflect poorly on the LBs, IMO. 

• Like 2