Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard!

hambone35

1 minute ago, hambone35 said:

We really got a steal in Leonard, extremely sharp player, should have had that int but really like what I see. 

He was one of my favorite LBs in the draft. Just needs to finish and catch those interceptions and he’s a potential pro bowl player sooner rather than later. 

11 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Where's the poster the talked about his different DNA? I wanna think he was onto something. 

I always liked the pick but wished we had doubled up. edmonds and leonard would have been a sick combo, but then the oline would suck worse lol

12 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know people had their favorite prospects they wanted in the 2nd but I never got why some people didn’t like the pick. All you have to do is watch his tape for just a little bit. Really exciting player.

I remember tons of people wanted him, but with the 49th pick, but we took him 36th. At this point, who cares where he was drafted as long as he’s a stud 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems like Leonard and Nelson are the two rookies we can expect to make an immediate impact their rookie year.

He’s lived up to the hype. All throughout the pre-draft process we heard about his coverage ability. And so far he’s been outstanding in coverage. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

The man is a baller. In a few years he could be a pro bowler. 

I like what I see from him so far. I can't think of the last LB the Colts had who covers a lot of ground and especially is very good in coverage. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I didn't think he stunk.  Bad fit for our team with what we wanted, yes.  But he was a baller.  He came every down and brought lumber when tackling.  He just couldn't cover a bed if he had a sheet.

He missed a lot of tackles and a lot of the tackles he made were 8-10 yards down the field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He missed a lot of tackles and a lot of the tackles he made were 8-10 yards down the field.

I Remember seeing him slip blocks  to tackle RB's at the LOS.  Also remember 1 play where he followed a stretch play and slipped pass a blocker to tackle for a loss near the sideline.  The guy has skills VRS the run.  

He didn't miss many tackles once he got within arms reach.  And OFC a lot were 8-10 yards down field,...that can be said about ALL the LB'ers in the NFL.  His speed hindered him,...plain and simple. Well, that and you'd have to put a deer whistle on a football for him to know it was in the air coming near him.....

30 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I Remember seeing him slip blocks  to tackle RB's at the LOS.  Also remember 1 play where he followed a stretch play and slipped pass a blocker to tackle for a loss near the sideline.  The guy has skills VRS the run.  

He didn't miss many tackles once he got within arms reach.  And OFC a lot were 8-10 yards down field,...that can be said about ALL the LB'ers in the NFL.  His speed hindered him,...plain and simple. Well, that and you'd have to put a deer whistle on a football for him to know it was in the air coming near him.....

If I’m not mistaken he was 1/3 of the Colts who allowed that deep completion to Walker last season in the 2nd game against the Titans. 

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I like Leonard but still wish we would have taken josh Jackson and Harold Landry with the first 2 2nd round picks then Leonard with our last pick in the 2nd. 

Huge fan of Jackson and Landry but Leonard is a better talent than both that was true before the draft and is reaffirmed in the preseason.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

If I’m not mistaken he was 1/3 of the Colts who allowed that deep completion to Walker last season in the 2nd game against the Titans. 

I'm not going to pretend i remember.  I missed some of the games also because of work.  It is quite possible, i mean,...i'm not advocating for his return.  I was just saying he was not as bad as everyone is all of a sudden making him out to be.  The guy did have a lot of heart, and put 100% into each snap.  he did generally tackle well, but no-one is perfect.  Green bay needed a thumper in the middle of their Linebackers because of an injury to their starter.   That is definitely what they got.  We needed another CB who can tackle, and keep plays in front of him, with upside.  We got that.  Win-win.

15 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Both Jackson and Landry have been the top graded rookies at their positions by pff just saying

Pff doesn't grade linebackers well. No matter there is no question they are good players and I wanted them in Indy, but Leonard had first round tape and production the other 2 we're second round players. As far as a steal I'd say Leonard still equates as one more so than the other 2. 

4 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Just didn't work for him here see what he does in Green Bay cause here I think Moore and Leonard have earned the starting jobs.

1 hour ago, Surge89 said:

Pff doesn't grade linebackers well. No matter there is no question they are good players and I wanted them in Indy, but Leonard had first round tape and production the other 2 we're second round players. As far as a steal I'd say Leonard still equates as one more so than the other 2. 

Nobody thought Leonard was a 1st rounder. Most had him graded as a late round 2- round 4 player. Even most colts fans at the time of the pick thought he was a reach. Same with Braden Smith. He was a round 3 guy who Ballard reached for. Jackson and Landry however were graded as first rounders and fell to the 2nd. Where they were drafted now doesn’t matter but so far from what we’ve seen in preseason games, the other two are the better players. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Nobody thought Leonard was a 1st rounder. Most had him graded as a late round 2- round 4 player. Even most colts fans at the time of the pick thought he was a reach. Same with Braden Smith. He was a round 3 guy who Ballard reached for. Jackson and Landry however were graded as first rounders and fell to the 2nd. Where they were drafted now doesn’t matter but so far from what we’ve seen in preseason games, the other two are the better players. 

First I could care less what the supposed draft experts say. 

Second Leonard again had first round production and first ability.  No question regardless of the biases people have for schools.

Third Josh Jackson may have had 1st round tape but he did not have first round ability.  Everything about him was less than first round. 

Landry I will concede.

Too say from what we have seen in 2 preseason games that they are the better players speaks to me as one who hasn't actually watched the other 2 players and just looking at stats.  I'll just leave it at that.