Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. 49ers Preseason Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Actually, it should be  9 - 7 49ers.  They would have kicked another FG in regular season instead of going for it on 4th down.

Good point...then again we would have had Luck in running that 2 minute drill instead of Brissett so that is not necessarily a given either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Good point...then again we would have had Luck in running that 2 minute drill instead of Brissett so that is not necessarily a given either.

Colts also started rotating in 2nd Teamers in the D in the 2nd Quarter

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't see much to complain today. Held Jimmy G and crew to 6 points and Andrew is 8-10 for 90 Yards/1 TD/0 INTS. Colts lead 7-6 at Half. Nice to see Ebron catch a TD as well.

Luck showed his feet too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was pretty pleased with the 1st Half. Our Run Defense didn't look all that well but other than that, not a bad Half. Andrew looked Great with the exception of the 1st drive.

In a 4 front the DTs need to plug things up to free up the DEs and LBs which was a problem

1 minute ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I’ve seen this before. Getting gashed by the run and hoping our red zone D does it’s job. Not a fan of what I’ve seen with the run D. 

I will agree with this but that has really been the only negative of the day. Andrew looked great and we did hold them to 6 points. Hooker looks healthy too.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I have both teams projected at 11 wins and splitting so that part is  a Wash. Tannehill plays well in that system but he isn't better than Matt. I do think Matt Ryan will have a much better year than last. Simply because our roster is better than Atlanta's. I would take Matt Ryan over Tannehill or Wentz going into 2022 all day. I think we win the division based on tiebreakers. It will be interesting to see how Henry bounces back but to say he is better than Taylor now is a stretch after the year Taylor just had. They also lost Brown which is bad. The defenses kind of Wash out. I look at our team and have us a little higher than 15. Vegas has us 12th as far odds to win the SB. 
    • And how much of that was because Taylor was getting the majority of touches and the team basically gave up on Wentz and the passing game?
    • Shows what kind of impact Leonard provides. His turnover production is at historical rates. 
    • The Colts can't afford OBJ? Jarvis Landry is making roughly $6 million in 2022. OBJ is injured and will more than likely miss half the season. The Colts have roughly $12 million in cap space right now. OBJ isn't going to command much when he's coming off an ACL injury and will miss a good portion of the year. He'll sign on to a team for a cheap one year deal probably marked with incentives. The Colts could get him for $4-5 million without question. Guys like TY Hilton will probably get somewhere around $5 million for a one year deal somewhere.
    • For a rookie TE who looks to be the TE2 and all the other receiving mouths to feed on what is a more run-based offense....that is not just a high but an extremely unrealistic expectation. There are starting TEs on teams with no competition at TE who don't get that.     Nothing against the guy but IMO drafting a rookie TE high was not the right move here at all. Ballard should have gone after an established FA guy like Hooper or whatever. With Ryan we are in WIN NOW mode and as stated, rookie TEs usually don't do much.
  • Members