Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. 49ers Preseason Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Actually, it should be  9 - 7 49ers.  They would have kicked another FG in regular season instead of going for it on 4th down.

Good point...then again we would have had Luck in running that 2 minute drill instead of Brissett so that is not necessarily a given either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Good point...then again we would have had Luck in running that 2 minute drill instead of Brissett so that is not necessarily a given either.

Colts also started rotating in 2nd Teamers in the D in the 2nd Quarter

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't see much to complain today. Held Jimmy G and crew to 6 points and Andrew is 8-10 for 90 Yards/1 TD/0 INTS. Colts lead 7-6 at Half. Nice to see Ebron catch a TD as well.

Luck showed his feet too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was pretty pleased with the 1st Half. Our Run Defense didn't look all that well but other than that, not a bad Half. Andrew looked Great with the exception of the 1st drive.

In a 4 front the DTs need to plug things up to free up the DEs and LBs which was a problem

1 minute ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I’ve seen this before. Getting gashed by the run and hoping our red zone D does it’s job. Not a fan of what I’ve seen with the run D. 

I will agree with this but that has really been the only negative of the day. Andrew looked great and we did hold them to 6 points. Hooker looks healthy too.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Found this. Eagle fans are saying Wentz was throwing shade at the eagles organization. I can see it.  Wentz is getting a little swag going on.    
    • Titans 31- Colts 17   TN is the top team in the AFC. I find it interesting how many on here think they are lucky. They Beat Buffalo, destroyed KC, beat Seattle in Seattle with Wilson. Yes they lost to to the Jets, but their only other loss was to an undefeated Arizona team. Like it or not they're good. Solid QB play, world class RB, solid Dline and an first rate aggressive young coaching staff. I expect to see them in the SB.
    • It's just very impressive that he can carry that huge frame of his for all those carries. So fast, and doesn't lose anything late in games after being a bell cow all game. I like your description. He's a pure unicorn. Not sure we'll see another like him anytime soon if ever.   His avg 12.5M salary has been a bargain the last 2 seasons. Curious to see if he can maintain. If he can, will be interesting to see what happens in 2023 (contract year). TN certainly doesn't look to be trying to extend his career at all lol.
    • On Rogers...  Roger's was one of Luck's favs and was very productive with a decent QB in 2018. Not saying he's great, but your comparing him to guys that aren't slots.... Rogers is a traditional slot. Pascal is our slot (65+% of snaps from slot, the other at X), and he's not a traditional slot. He's more in the big slot category. Strachan is a pure X. Dulin doesn't get many snaps at slot (only 15ish % of his snaps are inside). He's mostly running clear outs and possession type routes. I'd love to see him get more traditional slot snaps and targets though. And keep in mind that both Pascal and Chester were on the roster in 2018 (if we're comparing slots), and Rogers clearly had better chemistry with Luck.... Chester also has less drops than Pascal but both their true catch rates are similar. Both are different types of WRs IMO, so the comp is limited. Also to keep in mind is that Pascal gets more cushion on average, but Rogers gets more separation.    On Autry.... If you're basing everything on just PFF, OK.. If not, here's the stat comps for this year below. Pretty clear... Like I've always said, I love PFF, but it's only part of the story.                 PFF (sacks)     Pressures    QB Hits    QB Knock Downs Autry      60.7 (5)               19               11             7 (knocked Mahomes out of the game) Lewis      70.4 (2)                5                 4              2 AQM       64.0 (4)               9                 6              2 Paye        76.1 (0)                1                 0             0 Turay       55.3 (2)               3                  2            0 Defo        73.8 (3)               11                7            4   Things to keep in mind.. Autry is now playing in a 3-4. He played in a 4-3 here but got most of his production while sliding in to the interior. He was doubled in Indy at a rate of 58%, which helped Defo out last year.... So aside from his impact stats being clearly better than all our guys this year, his leaving likely also impacted Defo to the negative... And his addition at TN has opened up things a ton for Landry, who has almost as many pressures now, than he had all of last year.  
    • Well I was at the game and yes it was very wet and at times windy.   1. The o-line is finally starting to gel. Wentz was hardly moved off his spot and even when he was, he was able to move up the pocket or take off.   2. The offense is starting to form an identity. Taylor is finally getting the bulk of work which makes the RPOs and PA that much more effective.   3. Leonard is a monster. It really is so much different watching him make plays up close. It's so fast and the accuracy to punch the ball out is insane.   4. Pass rush still needs work. At times, Jimmy G was just chilling back there like the Deebo TD and it really is annoying to see our secondary get torched because we can't get the QB even uncomfortable let alone pressured.   5. Misdirection is still an issue. Every time Jimmy G rolled out, it was completed for like 10+ yards. That's not good especially when that's basically all Tannerhill does.
  • Members

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 6,517

• CR91

CR91 7,913

• PuntersArePeopleToo

PuntersArePeopleToo 1,798

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 1,281

• cjrulli

cjrulli 200

• FRW