Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. 49ers Preseason Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The 'Eason era' ?      Sounds like a pretty far fetched assumption....
    • This is where I see it as well.   More of a mental comfort, thing.   It does take away some home field advantage from losing crowd noise and building off that  momentum. This helps off set that disadvantage for the home team.    I think seeing fans in the stands gives the players a moral boost.   I think as far as a single game, the competitive advantages and disadvantages are pretty close. Other team still has to travel though, cant take away that advantage.( benefit from lack of crowd noise vs emotional boost from a few home fans) ~  I would say that still gives the home team an advantage, clearly not such as having a sellout crowd would give them, but still an advantage that some teams might not get if not allowed to have fans.   Where it comes into affect is league wide. If teams are not getting this "slight advantage" (% of fan attendance) of a little extra boost from the crowd(no matter how minimal) in their home games, to off set the loss of full stadiums crowd noise, and feeding off their energy the home team already is losing out on.   So teams that are already losing crowd noise, now they also have miss out on getting the emotional boost from still seeing fans for 8 home games(potentially).   Its a big picture competitive disadvantage(whole season) for home teams that cant have any fans for up to 8 games, when other teams are getting that advantage for 8 games.   Im fine with it though, seems it could be done safety. Time will tell. Feeling more and more confident the season can be completed.   Side note: As far as attendance, if they can continue to increase capacity limits(and keeping it safe), the salary cap drop(minimum $175m, right now) will get smaller and smaller, maybe only drop to $185-$190m(all speculation on my part). Which could potentially give us more cap room to spend on next year. So the more fans that can attend, the more money there will be to go around.     Side note 2: Sorry for the ramble. Read it over and over just seems like I said the same things in like 3 or 4 different ways, and maybe still managed to not say anything?
    • Hoping this will be a breakout game for MAC.
    • Not sure the Eagles are wanting to trade him.  I mean Ballard can call but they can also just say no.
  • Members

• indykmj

indykmj 49

• Nickster

Nickster 417

• NFLfan

NFLfan 9,971

Moderators
    • w87r

w87r 2,055

Moderators
    • EastStreet