LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. 49ers Preseason Game Thread

Hi, Colts fans!  :default_20smile:  A battle of 1-1 NFL teams, as our Indianapolis Colts host the visiting San Francisco 49ers in only the second preseason game ever played  between the teams. 

Colts will try to avoid another preseason embarassment the last time San Francisco visited Indianapolis in both teams first meeting played eight years ago from in the real Lucas Oil Stadium.  49ers QB David Carr led with his 9/11 yards for 98 yards and 1 touchdown, for their 37-17 win over Colts at the real Lucas Oil Stadium, to start both the Colts 2010 NFL and preseason back on August 15, 2010.

Colts and 49ers amazingly in their team histories, besides only playing two preseason games including today, have also have yet to play a scheduled preseason road game in San Francisco in 68 years, since both Indianapolis and San Francisco each entered the NFL back in 1950.

Though today is only a preseason game, our Colts lead the all-time regular season series after 45 meetings with 26 wins and 19 losses. Colts also in their history won  15 out of 16 games, winning 13 games straight,  between December 1961 through October 1968.

Colts kicker Adam Vinitieri kicked the game winning, 51-yard field goal, with 8:22 remaining in overtime to defeat 49ers 26-22 in both teams last meeting, played at LOS, back on October 8, 2017. The win earns Indianapolis  a four-game winning streak following previous regular season wins  back on 2015, 2009, 2013, and 2017.

Lucas Oil Stadiums roof should be closed for this afternoon's 4:35PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because scattered thunderstorms and partly cloudy skies at 78 degrees,  feels like 82 degrees, is the game forecast outside the stadium area, along with 40% precipitation, 40% humidity, and southwestern winds at 13 miles per hour.

NO injuries, great luck to the players who are trying the make the final cut tho the upcoming 53-man roster, from the current 90-man training camp roster, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!  :coltslogo:    :cheer:  :1colts:  :colts:   :coltshelmet: :coltslogo:   :cheer:   :rock:   :D

Colts Vs. 49ers 2018 NFL Preseason Game Preview And Game Center:

http://www.colts.com/news/2018-colts-preseason-preview-colts-49ers-week-3

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018082552/2818/PRE3/49ers@Colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

• Like 2

I have nfl ticket, and i will watch the game replay on nfl network tomoro, but.........

does 1070 have the game live via the internet?  I'm in Pennsylvania so no local broadcast.

any (legal) way to listen live to game online?  The last 2 games i couldnt find a source (1070,etc)

I''m throwing in a "pretty please" because I'm desperate.

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I have nfl ticket, and i will watch the game replay on nfl network tomoro, but.........

does 1070 have the game live via the internet?  I'm in Pennsylvania so no local broadcast.

any (legal) way to listen live to game online?  The last 2 games i couldnt find a source (1070,etc)

You could do a free 7-day trial and watch it online with SlingTv: https://www.sling.com/offer-details

or 

https://www.directvnow.com/thegoodstuff?source=EaYEPSCLMxqBRD60P&gclid=CjwKCAjw_IPcBRAjEiwAl44QkclPOHcWh-1-o9_lobNcbzR0ndJl0RPoo-_snqXcuLKokm_W32Gd4xoCncoQAvD_BwE

or another similar service

28 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Do you have Sirius-XM

34 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Do you have Sirius-XM

No, no sirius xm.

so i guess 1070 and the others dont stream it?

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

1070 has an app

What am i missing here?

schedule says pre-game but i have a story about skateboarding.

anyone else outside indy atea listen to game on internet radio (phone/ipad)?

4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Good evening all, here’s to the closest thing to real football till week 1.

Nah we play the Bengals week 1

• Haha 2

A few elements on this Colts and NFL games I'm watching a little closely  this season is the helmet rule, and the revised formation in punt returns, and even kickoff returns, both to enhance player safety.

• Like 1

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Grr is the coverage cutting out for anyone else?

Not here in SW Indiana

Like Greg Rakestraw

10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Good evening all, here’s to the closest thing to real football till week 1.

Not here in Indiana, IHSAA Football heading into week 3

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

I’m a long way from SW Indiana Toto :lol:

I know 

Weather going through Indy area

I'm listening on SiriusXM, 49ers broadcasters... for a different perspective.  There is a satellite delay though...

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'm listening on SiriusXM, 49ers broadcasters... for a different perspective.  There is a satellite delay though...

That is the only problem with it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yeah...I'm stuck with the Niners live stream also.  Don't care at least I'm able to see my Colts.  Luck still likes getting sacked I see.

49ers D gave up TD's to their previous 2 opponents first drive ( #1's ).  But we had 5 scoreless trips vs. Ravens, and now... 

Well, let’s hope this next series goes a bit better. Luck is probably sick of getting sacked already haha 

4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Curious as this is your specialty, who would you start? 

Good hopefully