Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKnight24

Colts Practice 8/23/2018

Man, Lewis is missing lots of valuable time, starting to wonder what he's really dealing with as far as his injury goes.

On the bright side Turay's out there once again. Really hope we get to see him play.

21 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Man, Lewis is missing lots of valuable time, starting to wonder what he's really dealing with as far as his injury goes.

On the bright side Turay's out there once again. Really hope we get to see him play.

Right now, Turay might be more important than Lewis. We need someone of quality to give Sheard and Simon breathers, and I am hoping Turay can provide it. 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Right now, Turay might be more important than Lewis. We need someone of quality to give Sheard and Simon breathers, and I am hoping Turay can provide it. 

I don't expect much from Turay this season, period. Lewis I was hoping would be a nice piece in the rotation, but he'll need a few weeks to catch up since he's lost so much time.

These guys are second round rookies. I'm not expecting either of them to save the defense right away. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't expect much from Turay this season, period. Lewis I was hoping would be a nice piece in the rotation, but he'll need a few weeks to catch up since he's lost so much time.

These guys are second round rookies. I'm not expecting either of them to save the defense right away. 

Is it weird that initially I didn't expect much from Turay this season, but once he was put as a starter on the depth chart, I assumed he's doing great in practice and expected him to be a contributor before he got injured? Am I putting too much into that initial depth chart? 

Just now, stitches said:

Is it weird that initially I didn't expect much from Turay this season, but once he was put as a starter on the depth chart, I assumed he's doing great in practice and expected him to be a contributor before he got injured? 

Well I wouldn't base any expectations on a preseason depth chart, especially from a new staff for which we can't really predict anything. 

Specific to Turay, I think at best he could be a nice rotational pass rusher this year. I think he's raw anyway, and never really expected him to do much as a rookie. If he got up to speed and found his niche at some point this year, that would be a bonus. 

19 minutes ago, Superman said:

Well I wouldn't base any expectations on a preseason depth chart, especially from a new staff for which we can't really predict anything. 

Specific to Turay, I think at best he could be a nice rotational pass rusher this year. I think he's raw anyway, and never really expected him to do much as a rookie. If he got up to speed and found his niche at some point this year, that would be a bonus. 

I think the surprise of his placement on the 1st unit shocked me a bit and I assumed he must be progressing much faster than I thought he would. I thought he would be closer to not getting any snaps than getting first team snaps, at least initially in the regular season and the fact that they put him as the starter on the depth chart made me dream about him being much more ready than I thought initially. Lets see how he plays this week and where he finds himself on the depth chart in its next edition. 

59 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Lewis was described as a foot injury and was in a boot for a while. So either a foot sprain or stress fracture maybe, but either way those take an annoyingly long time to heal.

16 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Who?

Turbin is the only one on the Colts that is suspended 4 games.

So who was with the 1's on the starting line-up on the O-line today?  Curious where they have been putting Good since he's been back.

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

Turbin is the only one on the Colts that is suspended 4 games.

Yea thats y they said not abig deal if he doesnt practice