Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich Presser

TKnight24

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Everybody's a Good & Castonzo fan all the sudden... funny how truly bad tackle play can change your perspective on guys who've been somewhat polarizing to fans in previous seasons.

I have been a fan of both of them since they became Colts.  I still believe Good is our best RT when he's healthy.  I am hoping he can settle in this year and Smith can be our RG of the future. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have been a fan of both of them since they became Colts.  I still believe Good is our best RT when he's healthy.  I am hoping he can settle in this year and Smith can be our RG of the future. 

Same with me, but they both get A LOT of flack from Colts fans, Castonzo in particular. My point was now that they're both injured, people are starting to come around to the idea that they're not so "replaceable" after all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Everybody's a Good & Castonzo fan all the sudden... funny how truly bad tackle play can change your perspective on guys who've been somewhat polarizing to fans in previous seasons.

Don't forget Joe Reitz!  Colts could sure even use him currently.  

2 hours ago, IinD said:

Stanzo is a must at LT, but I'd leave the rookie at RT for now. I don't have much faith in Good starting healthy.

Same thing with Walker, you gotta get in the field or one of these rooks will take your job.

I prefer Good... I’d be really hesitant to play Smith at RT unless it’s a necessity due to injury. His natural position is right guard, plus he’s a rookie, seems like it’d be a train wreck waiting to happen.

I've been a fan of Good since he was drafted.  Just figured he needed time and coaching to get the NFL level.  I believe i was right.  I think he is the best RT on our roster ATM.  Made a big jump late last year when he came back after his hand injury.  Problem is...he keeps getting hurt.  I think until he can play (practice and/or game)for a couple months without showing he is made of glass,..he should probably be our back-up swing tackle.  Then if he can hold of injuries for an extended period of time, drop him in RT full time. (unless someone comes out shining by then OFC)

2 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Don't forget Joe Reitz!  Colts could sure even use him currently.  

Lol.  Joe is pretty slimmed down now.  I'm sure you've seen his interviews with Colts players? If not, you should look some of them up.

https://www.colts.com/video/the-reitz-stuff-with-special-guest-colts-center-ryan-kelly

https://www.colts.com/video/the-reitz-stuff-exclusive-jack-mewhort-explains-his-decision-to-retire-after-fou

https://www.colts.com/video/the-reitz-stuff-episode-one-anthony-castonzo-20584770

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I prefer Good... I’d be really hesitant to play Smith at RT unless it’s a necessity due to injury. His natural position is right guard, plus he’s a rookie, seems like it’d be a train wreck waiting to happen.

I get what you're saying, I'm in the 'may as well' mode currently. What we've had the past few years isn't what we've wanted, Im simply saying give him a load of reps and see if he turns a corner and becomes good enough to beat out Good. 

Good to me isn't THAT much better and he's definitely trending towards injury prone. I'd say it's a mix of not trusting Good to play consecutive games all season so let's see if the young kid could transition and play RT and miraculously we have our new Diem. I'd take his one false start a game right about now .lol

12 hours ago, IinD said:

I get what you're saying, I'm in the 'may as well' mode currently. What we've had the past few years isn't what we've wanted, Im simply saying give him a load of reps and see if he turns a corner and becomes good enough to beat out Good. 

Good to me isn't THAT much better and he's definitely trending towards injury prone. I'd say it's a mix of not trusting Good to play consecutive games all season so let's see if the young kid could transition and play RT and miraculously we have our new Diem. I'd take his one false start a game right about now .lol

I agree with the injury part about Good, but in 6 games of action last year before hurting his wrist, he only gave up 1/2 sack, so to me, he seems like the safest bet assuming he can stay healthy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I like Good but I'd be cautious with expecting him to stay healthy. The guy just seems like an injury magnet, which sucks, because I do think he's the best option at RT.

I agree, Good is good but so far, he has proven he cannot stay healthy for more than a few weeks at a time.