Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading Jacoby Brissett

DonnieDarko1023

1 hour ago, DonnieDarko1023 said:

I’m thinking if rumors are true Brissett is a hot item......my opinion the offense needs an upgrade at the running back spot to balance out the offense

what realistic running back can the team gef for Brissett?

were not trading JB not even for a fist round pick according to Irsay:thmup:

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Welp, there goes that. So whoever started that rumor should be fired. Getting my hopes up like that

:angry:

Sorry.....

But nobody gets fired because a rumor isn’t true....     just take a deep breath and enjoy more apple juice!       :thmup:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, DonnieDarko1023 said:

I’m thinking if rumors are true Brissett is a hot item......my opinion the offense needs an upgrade at the running back spot to balance out the offense

what realistic running back can the team gef for Brissett?

Not if luck is as bad as he played now. There's no way, with that'd uncertainty of luck, that we are trading Brissett. It would be self-defeating. We would also not get a quality RB for him, they're worth more than a backup QB. If luck is done, Brissett is our new franchise qb.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

And this us supposed to mean what? You want to call out but only face Palm?

The whole tread is rather immaterial as no trade attempt was made at all for TB. At the moment I don`t think anyone would trade a 2nd round pick for him and he's done nothing to prove he's a franchise QB. Dumb thread all together. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Red for victory and white for a loss?

Not sure?   I don’t drink.

That makes sense to me. God forbid there's a tie game in the Preseason. What then? You mix both apple juices together & chug it warm as opposed to chilled or cold? Just joking!

Uh huh. I'm not a heavy spirit man myself NCF. To each their own, I guess.

6 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The whole tread is rather immaterial as no trade attempt was made at all for TB. At the moment I don`t think anyone would trade a 2nd round pick for him and he's done nothing to prove he's a franchise QB. Dumb thread all together. 

I dont think so either, but if luck just doesn't work out, hes all we got and better than what's coming out imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The kind with Vodka in it so it's easier to laugh at people getting bent out of shape over Andrew playing Badly in a meaningless Pre-Season loss :funny:.

Yeah, it's way too early to believe the sky is falling yet.

Vodka you say, reminds me of that  Smirnoff commercial where Ted Danson says, "I have a lot in common with this brand. We're award winning, been around since 1864, & we're both surprisingly cheap. Wait. What?"

I guess I remember Ted on "Cheers" as Sam Malone in his heyday as a love em & leave em character on NBC & it's funny to see him mock his sex symbol status now.

By week 4 or 5, Luck should have the cobwebs worked out. Enough to calm folks down anyway. Not predicting any grand transformation or anything, just a sense of we're gonna be alright moving forward regarding Luck.

• Like 1

Wow!  I get blasted for criticizing Ballard for passing on Darnold, Allen, Jackson, Rosen for a guard — the easiest position to fill in the NFL — and now many of you are writing off Luck!  I argued that any top three pick should be reserved for QB because they are much more valuable than any other position.

In Colts’ case, where Luck’s successful return was far from certain, it was even more important to draft a top QB prospect.  Nelson can be the greatest guard who ever played but he won’t bring the Colts a title.  Heck, first ballot left tackle Joe Thomas couldn’t bring the Browns more than a single win in two seasons.

You fine fans told me that Luck would be back better than ever.  I said it didn’t matter.  Get a top QB prospect and develop him to eventually replace Luck.  You said Nelson would protect him.  Suggs didn’t wait for Nelson to slide over.

You made your bed now sleep in it, bed bugs or no.  Don’t dare tell me that Luck is finished or Brissett may be better than Luck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Wow!  I get blasted for criticizing Ballard for passing on Darnold, Allen, Jackson, Rosen for a guard — the easiest position to fill in the NFL — and now many of you are writing off Luck!  I argued that any top three pick should be reserved for QB because they are much more valuable than any other position.

In Colts’ case, where Luck’s successful return was far from certain, it was even more important to draft a top QB prospect.  Nelson can be the greatest guard who ever played but he won’t bring the Colts a title.  Heck, first ballot left tackle Joe Thomas couldn’t bring the Browns more than a single win in two seasons.

You fine fans told me that Luck would be back better than ever.  I said it didn’t matter.  Get a top QB prospect and develop him to eventually replace Luck.  You said Nelson would protect him.  Suggs didn’t wait for Nelson to slide over.

You made your bed now sleep in it, bed bugs or no.  Don’t dare tell me that Luck is finished or Brissett may be better than Luck.

Have you ever watched a football game?

It doesn't sound like you know what you are talking about.   The Colts did not draft in the top 3.   Drafting a QB while we have Luck and Brissett on the roster would be one of the most foolish things a GM could do.  

It's funny how some people wanted to trade JB for a second or even first.  Before he came over to back up Luck, we had no decent backup QB and people were clamoring for the GM to get one.  Now that we have one in JB, people want to trade him?  I personally feel at ease knowing that if Luck ever goes down again, we have a very capable QB that could step right in and carry the team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

all of that was ridiculous before and still is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Dude like 3 people said that 

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, Myles said:

Have you ever watched a football game?

It doesn't sound like you know what you are talking about.   The Colts did not draft in the top 3.   Drafting a QB while we have Luck and Brissett on the roster would be one of the most foolish things a GM could do.  

Which pick did the Colts have before Ballard traded it?  I watched Ameche score the winning TD to beat the Giants in the great 1958 championship game on TV.     Drafting a top QB prospect is ALWAYS the right thing to do!  The Colts could've stayed at three and taken Darnold, then traded Brissett.   If Luck isn't the same Luck, you have Darnold to develop.  Darnold is WAAAAY better than Brissett.  See how football works???

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Which pick did the Colts have before Ballard traded it?  I watched Ameche score the winning TD to beat the Giants in the great 1958 championship game on TV.     Drafting a top QB prospect is ALWAYS the right thing to do!  The Colts could've stayed at three and taken Darnold, then traded Brissett.   If Luck isn't the same Luck, you have Darnold to develop.  Darnold is WAAAAY better than Brissett.  

That would have been a terrible move.   Only one qb can play at a time.  You don't draft a first round qb unless you are planning on starting him in the near future 

• Like 3

On 8/21/2018 at 9:18 AM, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

OG is becoming a much more demanding, athletically speaking, position than it was in the past.  The OG of your Alan Ameche Days, most likely could not play OG in today's NFL.  The league is recognizing this, and premium OG's are beginning to be paid accordingly.  The OL is vastly improved this year by most all metrics, enjoy it, their ability to keep Luck upright, aided by the new offense or not, and open running lanes, makes the hypothetical need for Darnold, or any of your other desired high draft pick QB's, just that, hypothetical.  Enjoy the season, and the fact that you got to see some awesome Football 60 years ago, That era would have been a blast to watch live.

4 hours ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Do you know anything?  Which pick did the Colts have before Ballard traded it?  I watched Ameche score the winning TD to beat the Giants in the great 1958 championship game on TV.   What's your excuse?  Drafting a top QB prospect is ALWAYS the right thing to do!  The Colts could've stayed at three and taken Darnold, then traded Brissett.   If Luck isn't the same Luck, you have Darnold to develop.  Darnold is WAAAAY better than Brissett.  See how football works???

Problem is, Luck did come back well, and so if we had Darnold now what would be the point? He’d be on the bench for his entire career, that’s a wasted pick if I’ve ever seen one. I’m ecstatic we picked a guard over a backup QB who won’t see the playing field in Indy...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Which pick did the Colts have before Ballard traded it?  I watched Ameche score the winning TD to beat the Giants in the great 1958 championship game on TV.     Drafting a top QB prospect is ALWAYS the right thing to do!  The Colts could've stayed at three and taken Darnold, then traded Brissett.   If Luck isn't the same Luck, you have Darnold to develop.  Darnold is WAAAAY better than Brissett.  See how football works???

You are either the dumbest poster that has been on here or you are trolling.

I'm guessing that you are trolling.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:23 PM, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

If Luck isn't the same Luck, you have Darnold to develop.  Darnold is WAAAAY better than Brissett.  See how football works???

You are the one who doesn't seem to know how football works.  

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

What part of the Colts being 100% behind Luck do you not understand?  He has been out starter from the day he was drafted and nothing has changed. You draft around your starting QB, that is basic football 101.

• Like 1